It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are in trouble, but are blind to the reasons why

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Every civilization that has had longevity, be it the Egyptians or the Romans, or any of the others that managed to hold together for great lengths of time have something in common. They built things.
They built things that pushed their technology to its limits. Things that to this day even the people in the most advanced countries look at with wonder and amazement.
Pyramids and coliseums, temples and aqueducts, Things that every generation that has followed has looked at in amazement. Things that forever proclaimed to the world," Even though we had our problems, we were still a good people."
Here we are now, the most advanced people the Earth has ever hosted and what? What do we have to show for ourselves? Wars, genocides, and host of other niceties. We are a global civilization now with nothing to remind us that despite all the terrible things we do to each other......we are still a good people.
We need our Great Pyramid, our accomplishment that tells every generation that follows us," We were here and despite all the terrible things we have done, we were a good people."
My goal here is to convince that we can save ourselves. America can't do it for us, the UN can't do it for us, in fact no government can do it for us, we MUST do it for ourselves. Together, we as a people...of a planet, can do something that will save us from ourselves.
In future postings I will go into more details as to why I believe the way I do. I hope you will subscribe to my threads. Listen to what I have to say, and above all answer the questions I put forth not with your gut instincts to belittle or insult or be dismissive, but to search for merit in the points I put forward.
My name is Ron and I am pleased to meet all of you. I may be guilty of giving mankind more credit than it deserves, but I have not given up on us yet, and I think there is still time to set things right if we do it ourselves and not wait for a government to do it for us.
Thank You
edit on 1-8-2012 by ronnieray123 because: oops presed enter again

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
I Like your style..........I am so blind I can't see anything on the damn page............Awesome..............hahahahaha

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
NUUUUUUUUU!!

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ronnieray123

Is this an acceptable thread?

*edit: Ah see it was updated

edit on 1-8-2012 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

Had to edit it,pressed enter instead of tab.....sorry about that

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I admire your passion Ron. I'm certainly interested in reading what you have in mind.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
We are NOT a 'global Civilisation'

Western Civilisation is what has built the modern world - and yes it is in crisis.

Because there is a WAR being waged against it.......................................................but then that is the stuff of conspiracies!

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by JohhnyBGood

I disagree. Through technology our concious has transcended space-time.

Aside: Really enjoyed the original post but this is much better however, I don't think we will see our true humanity until the blood is washed from our bodies.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ronnieray123
reply to post by davethebear

Had to edit it,pressed enter instead of tab.....sorry about that

No probs, I thought it was quite funny....will read it now........nice one.......

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   

We are a global civilization......there are just people in whose best interest it is to keep us from realizing it.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I wouldnt be so quick to laud over the achievements of earlier civilizations. In Rome for instance a mans wife was his property to do with as he pleased, rape, beatings, murder, its all good, she probably should have made that sandwich. Ancient Athenians like to practice sexual intercourse with underage boys, had instituted racism and enjoyed slavery, as did the romans. Much the same in Egypt too.

You could go on and on and on and on about what a horrific nightmare life in an ancient society was like, fancy being a citizen of Sparta or the Hittite Empire? HELL NO.

As for the actual life spans of these empires, it isnt that impressive either, leaders routinely changed hands, wars were far more frequent than they are now on a global scale and to be honest, most "modern" European Empires have easily outlived ancient empires by quite some time. The Ottoman Empire was roughly 700 years old.

Oh yes and disease, illness and ignorance were totaly rampant, average age life spans were roughly half what they are now and religion played a far far bigger part in daily life.

I for one am glad I am not being press ganged in the navy at 12 years old to die half way round the world of scurvy, thanks.
edit on 1-8-2012 by Murad because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   

BOOOO!

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Murad

I feel sorry for you. We all know that terrible things have and are still happening. But if we celebrated the good things and learned from the bad wouldn't that make more sense. Follow me in my posts and I will be writing on that very sort of thing. I actually think that because of the constant reminders of how bad we can be, That we start to forget all the goodness there is inside each and every one of us. And some of us do not believe it is even there anymore

edit on 1-8-2012 by ronnieray123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Every civilization that has had longevity, be it the Egyptians or the Romans, or any of the others that managed to hold together for great lengths of time have something in common. They built things.
They built things that pushed their technology to its limits. Things that to this day even the people in the most advanced countries look at with wonder and amazement.
Pyramids and coliseums, temples and aqueducts, Things that every generation that has followed has looked at in amazement. Things that forever proclaimed to the world," Even though we had our problems, we were still a good people."
Here we are now, the most advanced people the Earth has ever hosted and what? What do we have to show for ourselves? Wars, genocides, and host of other niceties. We are a global civilization now with nothing to remind us that despite all the terrible things we do to each other......we are still a good people.
We need our Great Pyramid, our accomplishment that tells every generation that follows us," We were here and despite all the terrible things we have done, we were a good people."
My goal here is to convince that we can save ourselves. America can't do it for us, the UN can't do it for us, in fact no government can do it for us, we MUST do it for ourselves. Together, we as a people...of a planet, can do something that will save us from ourselves.
In future postings I will go into more details as to why I believe the way I do. I hope you will subscribe to my threads. Listen to what I have to say, and above all answer the questions I put forth not with your gut instincts to belittle or insult or be dismissive, but to search for merit in the points I put forward.
My name is Ron and I am pleased to meet all of you. I may be guilty of giving mankind more credit than it deserves, but I have not given up on us yet, and I think there is still time to set things right if we do it ourselves and not wait for a government to do it for us.
Thank You
edit on 1-8-2012 by ronnieray123 because: oops presed enter again

I like your heart but monuments like the pyramids are a very bad example in my opinion. The pyramids more often than not were built to glorify the reign of pharaohs not the people they ruled over.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by TRGreer

Oh no don't get me wrong, I do understand that completely. But what are they now and have been for the vast majority of their time on the planet....Something we all look at and say WOW.
They time they spent as their original design dictated was very small compared to what they represent now

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

I feel sorry for you. We all know that terrible things have and are still happening. But if we celebrated the good things and learned from the bad wouldn't that make more sense. Follow me in my posts and I will be writing on that very sort of thing. I actually think that because of the constant reminders of how bad we can be, That we start to forget all the goodness there is inside each and every one of us. And some of us do not believe it is even there anymore

Thats nice, the problem is however, you dont seem to have a very good grasp on how terrible things actualy were and ignoring it with a romanticized ideal about how good things used to be is just total ignorance and denial of the reality at hand. And a lot of the comparisons you draw on between today and ancient civilizations is just wrong.

Now its fantastic you can have a rosey outlook in life, thats great, I for the most part do aswell, however thats just my life and not for a second would I in anyway presume to confuse the world I live in with my own personal biased outlook on life.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

We are a global civilization......there are just people in whose best interest it is to keep us from realizing it.

Yeah, like this guy.

Soros runs a global empire of NGOs leveraging "human rights" to cover up institutional criminality just as he himself just attempted to use "human rights" to excuse criminal insider-trading. Soros' disingenuous use of "human rights" is not a strategy he holds an exclusive monopoly over, but rather one he executes in concert with very unlikely allies - Neo-Conservatives of the US State Department-funded National Endowment for Democracy and its various subsidiaries.

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

The NGO (non governmental organization) rabbit hole goes much deeper than the elite's bunkers and there are anywhere from 40,000 to 100,000 of them working around the world (no one seems to know exactly). They are doing their best to take over your town, city, county, state and country and their success rate is astronomical so it would be a good idea to know what all they're up to, who funds them and the name of the queen bunny they're bringing all the carrots to down at the bottom of the rabbit hole.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

Then you agree that we can not let these people determine for us what we will and can do for ourselves.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

reply to post by frazzle

Then you agree that we can not let these people determine for us what we will and can do for ourselves.

Of course I agree with that. But "those people" are getting away with it because so many people don't KNOW what is being done right under their noses. Most simply refuse to hear about it or think about it or care about it.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

Thats because it isnt the conspiracy you think it is or make it out to be. Its something else entirely.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join