It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird UFO Found on NASA Feed Near ISS

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy

Originally posted by kudegras
reply to post by Qumulys

Thank you..Explained Well. And you didn't even call me stupid.

It took someone explaining that in such detail (lamens terms) for you to see it??? For me its obvious....sorry, i do think you may be a bit gullible/ignorant
Dont think im picking on you, there are plenty of people who dont utilize that grey matter between their ears as often as they should on here.

I still hold that it's a satellite and that you're an idiot.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
To me it looks like weather balloon...

It is just a bit too sharp to be part video stream...

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Qumulys
Ok, I think I understand the problem.

One guy is WATCHING this on a computer screen, the COMPUTER screen is where something has been stuck. The camcorder is then recording the computer-screen which has the thing stuck on it, thats why its moving differently to the camcorders movements.
The thing appears to move because the image underneath it (ie, comp screen) is moving, making it appear like its in 'orbit', when in actual fact, it's probably a carefully sculpted booger..

No mystery here folks!

(mind you, could also actually be a real satellite as ChaoticOrder said, but it's in such sharp focus, ie something local to the camcorder filming it (NOT on the camcorder screen itself as some are confusing)
edit on 1-8-2012 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

How can it be an object stuck to the screen. It changes colour as it moves across. Like its being affected by the sun. I dont know what it is. But I dont think its an object stuck to a screen...

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

More likely that's a local effect caused by the camcorders ability to film a glowing screen, it's probably auto adjusting contrast and white balance and iso sensitivity. Camcorders are notorious to wash out glowing screens.

But as CO said and I agree somewhat, it could also be a satellite, bit hard to be conclusive either way.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by freedomSlave
faaaaaaaaaake .. or maybe it is swamp gas reflecting off Venus

These types of images need to be taken a lot more seriously than what they do.
IT is quotes like this that almost make me want to leave ATS because there are too many people that do not want to use common sense.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
How can some of you argue about a booger on a computer screen? Don't you know this is the most important find this side of calcutta?

A UFO booger is rare.....and the fact its on the screen just means that a bigger UFO with large nostrils is the mother ship and if the UFO booger is visable so is the mothership..lets look closer......

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Keeping on eye on visual anomalies near spaceships is important because, at the very least, they could be signs of malfunctions that threaten the mission or even the lives of the crew. So it's ALWAYS good to get reports as soon as possible.

I've come to believe that none of these myriad sightings are EVER 'space junk' -- other objects left by other human missions -- because of the enormous crossing speeds of any orbital encounters. So they are all associated with the space vehcile making the observation -- or vehicles performing rendezvous operations on purpose.

My home page has a special "99 FAQs on 'Space UFOs'" report that goes into detail on what is 'ordinary' -- and what could be extraordinary -- on such sightings.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Looks like a badly stenciled bow.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I think we are seeing a satellite. If it were to "zoom" off I would think otherwise. Def. has a cool shape though.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Not quite sure what to make of it but interesting catch nonetheless

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuperFrog

While i dont know what it is i wouldnt call it a weather balloon

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by carlsmith

Originally posted by SuperFrog

While i dont know what it is i wouldnt call it a weather balloon

That was joke, as most of unexplainable UFO cases were filed under weather balloon type. (A bit too high for swamp gas, but again, possible
)

All jokes aside, this would be interesting case if OP stated channel, date and time of record that he then recorded. It is easy to use Eyes on the Solar System to verify any possible close satellite.

And it really looks more like Hubble Space Telescope under an angle, but to prove anything, as I already mention, we need more then one cam recording.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Until there is a counter example of footage that replicates the original video then i'll be unsatisfied with these answers. To me it does not look like any satellite i've seen. Swamp gas? Can someone explain how that theory debunks this thread with photographic or video examples that replicate the original footage.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by DisUglyBoyHere
Until there is a counter example of footage that replicates the original video then i'll be unsatisfied with these answers. To me it does not look like any satellite i've seen. Swamp gas? Can someone explain how that theory debunks this thread with photographic or video examples that replicate the original footage.

We haven't even gotten to that stage yet, and until the video is authenticated by the poster revealing the date/time it was made so others can find it and verify it, the effort probably isn't even justified.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

I'm sending a message to madvicky1975 (the youtube uploader) to cover your and everyone else's concerns.

Now we have to wait, I doubt he'll reply.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Looks like a rifter:

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Appears to be space trash.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Quite a few people on this thread are automatically labeling this as a fake for the following reasons:

1) Seems to remains stationary
2) Camera moves left, object moves right.
3) Moving at the same speed through out the video

These three reasons are terrible and can be easily refuted.

1) Seems to remain stationary: The earth is obviously spinning behind the object in the background.
-- Also, the UFO could have matched the speed and relative position of the ISS orbit.
-- Consider this, say you are driving on an open, two lane highway in the left hand lane. Then imagine your friend, in a separate car, traveling on the same highway at the exact same speed, except in the right hand lane and 100 ft in front of you. According to your perception in reference to your speed and position, it would appear you and your friend, only 100 ft away, are remaining stationary. However, this cannot be and you know this because you are moving and it can be observed by the world around you. Should you or your friend accelerate or decelerate, this trick in perception would cease.

2) Camera moves left, object moves right: This is also a matter of perspective and perception. For example; take a pen or pencil, hold directly in front of your line of sight. Now hold the pen/pencil stationary and look at it. Now look at the background behind the pencil but continue to hold the pen/pencil stationary. Try not to focus on a single object in the background and pan your sight to the left (like a camera scanning the horizon). Do this while keeping the pen/pencil stationary and observe the visual effect. If you do this correctly, you will observe the same effect seen in the video.

3) Moving at the same speed through out the video: Matching the speed of another moving object is not a difficult thing to do. The air show that the Blue Angels demonstrate is a great example. Also, if you were observing/following a moving object, the safest thing to do would be to get with in the range of your instruments and then scan/watch OR try to get as close as possible with out being seen. This is called observation from a minimal or maximum safe distance.

I think a stronger argument toward the hoaxiness of this video is that it looks like a little girl's hair bow with long ribbons

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
my guess it is some sort of satellite in LEO. (the "wings" might be solar panels) If we have the exact time and date on ISS when this was filmed, it should be possible to cross correlate with the orbits of known satellites and be able to ID and get a picture of it.
edit on 1/8/2012 by Hellhound604 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join