It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Archaeologists discover 2nd Temple seal in JERUSALEM

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by rootbranch2012

1 Kings 6:7 In building the temple, only blocks dressed at the quarry were used, and no hammer, chisel or any other iron tool was heard at the temple site while it was being built.

You quoted that verse in trying to make your point. How exactly are you not reading the part stating the blocks were dressed at the quarry? It's a pretty straightforward sentence. Blocks dressed at quarry were used, no tools or iron was heard at the temple site. Your own quotes are arguing against you so I am lost why your saying no and posting a pic of the temple. It doesn't make the feat less impressive.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by jazzguy

I heard that, friend. Check this out:
Best of friends? CIA considers Israel one of its biggest spy threats
I do not trust anything that come from there.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Did i see the letters Iod and Hey on that seal like i think i did? YH for Yah? Thats interesting. Only thing that is going to prove Mt. Moriah belongs to Israel is if they bring the Ark out of that sealed up tunnel they found it stored in, back in 1983. Nothing shy of that is going to make the world care and even then that may not do it since it's all "fairytales" to them anyways. The second link in my signature has videos with archeaological proof proving the hebrew bible and the new testament true, but it doesn't help our cause any when the Israeli government would rather preserve it's shopping malls and restaurants over exposing the truth to the world.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by zilebeliveunknown
Plain and simply put OP you are a troll, nothing much nothing less, an arogant one, with agenda of spreading jewish propaganda.
Now let me tell you what pathetic is: Every single nation managed to get their piece of land throughout history... yep you guess right, only jews got it as a gift. What a shame

What kind of propaganda is it called whenever people disregard the history of why Palestine is so named? Again, from the Balfour Declaration

“His Majesty’s Government view with favor the establishment in Palestine of a national home for the Jewish people, and will use their best endeavors to facilitate the achievement of this object, it being clearly understood that nothing shall be done which may prejudice the civil and religious rights of existing non-Jewish communities in Palestine, or the rights and political status enjoyed by Jews in any other country.”
In ANY other country.

One might argue the drafters of this document, but the reality was, this was not a new idea, not even in the time of Theodor Herzl. Many Jewish people were seeking homeland long before that time. And the implication contained within the Balfour Declaration is that Jewish people were living there. Another credence to Jews living there was also indicated by Mohammed, directly stating that Jews were in Jerusalem. So when did Jews not live there?

This is from a Baltimore Newspaper in 1845

He alluded to the friendship of the King of Prussia and the Queen of England, as a literal fulfilment of the prophecy, that ‘kings should be nursing fathers, and queens nursing mothers,’ in the latter day, to God’s people. He spoke of Jerusalem as now filled to overflowing with returning Jews, many of whom, for want of accommodations, were resorting to Joppa, a neighbouring town.
They were RETURNING in 1845, this means that this returning was occurring earlier than Theodor Herzl. What does return mean?

And you can see from that article the anti-Semitism displayed. Why were the Jews persecuted? Can you tell me one particular time in history that this did not occur? If people continue to spew the anti-Semitism then all I can say is this, the Jews have a right to defend themselves. The Palestinian problem began with Mohammed. It was the Islamic forces of Mohammed that subjugated people and then popes got involved and did the same thing. I am a Christian but greatly offended by what Christians did to Jews. Thank God He has granted me wisdom and knowledge to know that as a Christian I must see the Jewish nation as favored by God because it was to them the promise was given. Christians merely come to the God of the Jews through Jesus Christ, and I am thankful for that. But still, the promise was given to them and nothing you or I say can change the mind of God or the Word of God. A promise is a promise when it comes to God. Men, not so much, but to God it stands.
edit on 8/1/2012 by WarminIndy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by Extralien
What's with all this "god" nonsense????

Did you get lost in the menus? Check what forum you're in.

Nope not lost at all..
I think this thread is though..
Let's take a look at the evidence shall we?

1, Archaeologists
2. rare coin
3. cartouche – or seal
4. Products
5. oil lamps, cooking pots made of clay, a jug containing oils and perfumes, as well as coins of the Hasmonean kings such as Alexander Jannaeus and John Hyrcanus.

Sounds more like a shopping list for all that you would find at a bring and buy sale where the mark of purity is pplaced upon items in order to garner a greater profit as though these goods had somehow been sponsored by some entity that, apparently, goes by the name of god, which just happens to have been abreviated onto this 'stamp' of approval..

Again, just more power hungry goons enforcing their control over the people and the goods they wish to barter, using this fake entity to scare them into submission..

If you'll all notice the only mention of god in the entire text is this abbreviation..two letters..
So just how have I lost my way when the evidence suggests it may be the thread that is totally out of place..

Should be in the ancient and lost civilizations forum really..
or jokes, puns and pranks seeing as all religion is a massive joke..

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

Again, check the forum. If you don't tie it in with a theme about God, religion or faith then it's not appropriate for this forum. My suggestion for you is if you don't like subjects about God/Theology then stop clicking the link to this forum. Other people don't share your personal likes and dislikes.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
reply to post by jazzguy

I heard that, friend. Check this out:
Best of friends? CIA considers Israel one of its biggest spy threats
I do not trust anything that come from there.

LOL!!! None of the spy agencies trust each other! Heck, the CIA doesn't even trust the NSA. They all have a "scratch my back and I'll scratch yours" partnership.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by drivers1492

1 Kings 6:7 In building the temple, only blocks dressed at the quarry were used, and no hammer, chisel or any other iron tool was heard at the temple site while it was being built.

You quoted that verse in trying to make your point. How exactly are you not reading the part stating the blocks were dressed at the quarry? It's a pretty straightforward sentence. Blocks dressed at quarry were used, no tools or iron was heard at the temple site. Your own quotes are arguing against you so I am lost why your saying no and posting a pic of the temple. It doesn't make the feat less impressive.

The rocks at quarry were not allowed to have iron tools used to cut them either.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Again, check the forum. If you don't tie it in with a theme about God, religion or faith then it's not appropriate for this forum. My suggestion for you is if you don't like subjects about God/Theology then stop clicking the link to this forum. Other people don't share your personal likes and dislikes.

But that's my point.. there is more evidence to talk about artifacts and history than there is about some bloke that is merely an idea. To tie something into a topic is not really the topic is it? It's a side track.
Seeing as I'm here already, think i'll stay and see where this goes.

Other people may not agree with your suggestions and/or what you apparently believe in, doesn't mean they have to go away and be quiet in the corner..

free speach and all that..

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Could you point me where to find that info please? I can't seem to locate it.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Explain what it is to DRESS A STONE please.
Editing here -

Rashi, the Great Commentator of the Torah explains:
*When it was in building, of stone finished at the quarry: as it was removed from the mountain, through the worm שָּׁמִיר [which cuts through stones]. Exactly as it came from there, they set it into the wall of the structure, and they did not chisel it further with any metal tools. And the hewn stones which are mentioned above [in 5:31, indicating that the stones were cut to some degree], is a controversy discussed in the Tractate Sota (48b).*

www.chabad.org...

Originally posted by drivers1492

edit on 1-8-2012 by rootbranch2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Types of stonemasonry are:

Rubble Masonry: When roughly dressed stones are laid in a mortar the result is a stone rubble masonry.

Ashlar Masonry: Stone masonry using dressed (cut) stones is known as ashlar masonry, whereas masonry using irregularly shaped stones is known as rubble masonry.

en.wikipedia.org...

So stones were cut and shaped using tools whilst the stones were still in the quarry..
Then they were moved to the building site and put in place.. but no tools were used to do that so as to keep the site pure of man made tools I guess..
Kind of a shame seeing as they had stones cut by man...

If I'm reading your post right, it seems you believe that some magical worm ate the stone whilst it was still in the mountain, people found the eaten stone and moved it to build a temple

Forgive me if I'm wrong as to what it would appear you are trying to say..

edit on 1-8-2012 by Extralien because: typos

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Isn't there something about the 'seals' being found or brough together that will cause some major occurence?

Cannot remember where I heard that from, but it kinda rings a bell for me somewhere in the darkness of my brain box..

Also, does the OP have no comments or nothing to contribute to the opening post in order to set more of a discussion up?
I was under the impression that's the point of starting a thread, and not simply quoting loads of off site text and posting a vid..
All that seems to have happened here is the entire news report has been copy/pasted..

oh dear..

So yes they need to find 5 more....7 seals.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jazzguy
i would be more comfortable if this discovery was made by anyone else other then an israeli. they are known for lying, manipulating and furthering their own agendas.

will be a cold day in hell before i start believing anything they say

While I'm certainly not a fan of a good many actions of the jewish state - this was ignorant on several levels.

Other than jewish arabs, who else would be carrying out any archeology in Israel? I doubt you'd trust the word of any christians who claimed to have found such much more, for fairly obvious reasons, and I would certainly HOPE you're familiar with the arab penchant for obstructing and destroying anything that points to an original jewish presence, to solidify their claims on the territory.

There's a different between being enlightened and being a bigot not considering all angles and misapplying knowledge while making overly-general and collectivist statements. Unfortunately, your post didn't fall into the first category.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Isn't there something about the 'seals' being found or brough together that will cause some major occurence?

Cannot remember where I heard that from, but it kinda rings a bell for me somewhere in the darkness of my brain box..

Also, does the OP have no comments or nothing to contribute to the opening post in order to set more of a discussion up?
I was under the impression that's the point of starting a thread, and not simply quoting loads of off site text and posting a vid..
All that seems to have happened here is the entire news report has been copy/pasted..

oh dear..

So yes they need to find 5 more....7 seals.
en.wikipedia.org...

Totally different kind of seals being discussed there, though. The seven seals in Revelation refer to the kind of seals used to seal scrolls back in the day, not a seal for impressing or marking items.

You can breathe a sign of relief here.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Thank you now I know where your coming from.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

But that's my point.. there is more evidence to talk about artifacts and history than there is about some bloke that is merely an idea. To tie something into a topic is not really the topic is it? It's a side track.
Seeing as I'm here already, think i'll stay and see where this goes.

Other people may not agree with your suggestions and/or what you apparently believe in, doesn't mean they have to go away and be quiet in the corner..

free speach and all that..

I could be wrong, but I believe the underlying point OP is trying to argue is that the Muslims are wrong about Israel having a presence on the temple mount long before they did.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

I could be wrong, but I believe the underlying point OP is trying to argue is that the Muslims are wrong about Israel having a presence on the temple mount long before they did.

well, that's a whole differnet kettle of fish then..
Shame people have to argue over such a thing.

In the end, would it really matter? does it get any of them any further?

For all we know, it could have been the place where Mr. alien came along and dropped us all off and told us to get on with it..

I'm just glad that archeology is being carried out and things are being found that can shed some light on our worlds history..

would be kinda nice if we all stopped worrying about who did/said what... even if that does kinda contradict something I've recently posted about in another thread.. ho hum.. such is life..

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

In the end, would it really matter? does it get any of them any further?

For all we know, it could have been the place where Mr. alien came along and dropped us all off and told us to get on with it..

I'm just glad that archeology is being carried out and things are being found that can shed some light on our worlds history..

It matters to a great many people, over 2 billion people. According to jewish lore that spot was where the first man was forged from, where Abraham was tested by the near sacrifice of Isaac until God stopped him, the spot where King David purchaced from Ornan the Jebusite (Ornan's Threshing Floor) for the purpose of building the first permanant tabernacle. The same spot where Jesus looked into the temple doors as they burst open while he was hanging on a cross at Golgotha when the veil to the Holy of Holies ripped open from top to bottom signifying that man was no longer cut off from God. So yes, it matters to alot of people how that mountain is mistreated, The two temples were the sanctuary of God, where he dwelled amoung men (not Mecca) before he came in the flesh of One Jesus of Nazareth. Jews pray towards Mt. Moriah, muslim pray towards Mecca so now you know why it angers jews when muslim point their backsides at Mt. Moriah when they pray to Mecca, to jews that is one of the greatest disrespects one can do. In the hebrew bible that spot is YHWH's footstool.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Thanks for the info, but it still does not really matter...

It is just tow groups arguing amongst each other ovver who is right and who is wrong.
Why is it so hard to find a balance..

surely both preach about peace, harmony etc and both preach tosme form of 'god'...

Why does on insist on insulting the other, and whydoes the other insist on taking offence..
Like school kids in the playground fighting over who's dad is bigger and better..
And, presumably, this has been going on for around 2000 years..
daft I call it..

What's even funnier is we still do the same thing today..
USA planted a flag on the moon.. new teritory.
The Russians claiming the land under the pole to get to the oil/resources..

fighting and arguing over bits of land that could benefit everyone rather than benefit corporations and share holders...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join