It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

who on ATS has seen the movie 'the secret'?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

the first part made me laugh.. because i guess putting "haha" is kind of a habit when i type... because i guess its what i say in my head after i type a sentence... and because i just smoked a little marijuana.. soooo.. that could be another factor haha..

buuut.. i have not done any actual research into any of the movies, or celestine prophecy books to know whether they are actually true or not..... but i am someone who believes in my gut feeling...
and my gut feeling is telling me that there is more to all these things than just an idea that these are true

and it is not as if i am not going to live my life and limit myself on how i can live it by imagining things like i do...
i am someone that lives life to the fullest, and happiest.. and that is the only thing that i truly believe is truly important.. and that is not limiting myself at all.. neither is thinking that these kinds of things are real..

but whatever.. i thought it was funny how you commented on my "haha's"......

peace and love

haha

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Creating your own reality is true... how it's explained in the movie is ridiculously false. If you really want to learn these "tricks", start dabblin with meditation and see where that road leads you. Just be warned, be careful what you wish for. That's why I say do some meditation and purge yourself of all the nastiness. Everything in this world has a purpose and if you go about screwing that up with your own selfish needs then the universe will deal with you accordingly.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by conspiracy88

i totally believe that it is... and i think that meditation can be used in a very powerful way..

i may not meditate.. but i do try and keep myself pure hearted and stay away from negative things especially negative thinking...

i think it would be a good idea for me to start meditating but i just have not done that yet.. i am still starting to live my life and find out what is going on with everything.. but i feel that whatever happens is going to be for the best.. that i feel is true...

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
The best way to 'create your own reality'? Get out there and do stuff. Join a circle of like-minded people, start changing your job and lifestyle to what you want it to be. Start a project or whatever. Actually do something that's going to bring the change.

The 'secret' is pure snake oil without motivation and action.
edit on 1-8-2012 by XeroOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by XeroOne

i think your right!.. you have to do something to achieve what it is you want with your life...

but i do not get what this snake oil is?

some other person posted that as well

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snoopy1978
All about wishful thinking. Of course, if you walk around with a smile on your face instead of a frown, daily interaction with people will be better, etc. The Secret, though, promises outlandish things like believing and convincing yourself in being able to be a billionaire will one day land you as a member of the 1%ers.

It's the perfect scam. If your dreams dont come true, it means you didnt want them enough.

Pure bull.

Haven't even read the rest of this thread yet...but this is the most excellent reply to this movie that I have ever seen!

I agree 100%!!!

Yes, I've seen it, and even went so far as to try to implement it. Guess what? It doesn't work. No matter how much positive thinking you do, stuff will still pan out as it will...

It is what it is...

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by willrush
reply to post by XeroOne

i think your right!.. you have to do something to achieve what it is you want with your life...

but i do not get what this snake oil is?

some other person posted that as well

Snake oil is a euphemism for stuff that people buy into because the sellers (often with fake credentials) use pseudoscience to give it the illusion of credibility.
Scientology is a perfect example - some people mistake it for science because the cult uses words to impress like 'auditing', 'dianetics', etc. Gillian McKeith is another example, having a fake doctorate in 'nutritionism', which gave her the illusion of credibility to peddle all kinds of BS.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snoopy1978

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by willrush

If you like that one, what the bleep do we know is pretty good too.

Dont get me wrong, I generally like your posts (a lot) but this one is a bit off, imo.

The facts remain that What The Bleep is several factors better then "The Secret". The Secret is more childish and unbelievable, it's the dumbed down version. At least What The Bleep tries to provide more scientific backing.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
"Snake oil" is a cure all. It's a term from (probably) around the 1800's America. People would sell concoctions out of the back of wagons that would cure "anything" from arthritis to (insert whatever ailment here).

The Secret, What the Bleep whatever, Laws of Attraction...they are all snake oils...

New Age BS that someone is trying to sell you to help you live your life "the right way".

And it has ZERO basis in reality...

just sayin...

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Actually the most amusing (actually quite hilarious) example of snake oil were the 'colloidal silver' and 'monatomic gold' crazes around 10 years ago. People suffered horribly in the belief that ingesting metal oxides would somehow give them immortality, make them more spiritual, or some stupid sh!t, just because some cranks told them it would.
edit on 1-8-2012 by XeroOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Yeah I watched it a few years ago and I decided to put the theory into practice to see if the methods they suggest actually work.

The 1st time I tried it was when a new Xbox game was coming out that I loved & I happened to have a day off 1 day before the release date of the game. Now I know from experience that the shops always have the games ready to sell at least 1 day before the release date but that they get into trouble for selling it before the release date.
So like "The Secret" explains I visualised the outcome of the transaction, so what I visualised in my head was me handing over money and the store clerk handing me the game. So I visualised this for about 1/2 an hour and went out to see if any shops would sell me the game. Now one of the things that the video explains is that you have to have total conviction that you are going to realise what you want and that when you think that all hope is lost to not give up hope. So I went round every game shop in my local city and was getting nowhere fast, I thought that I had been round every store and was ready to give up when all of a sudden another store popped into my head. So off I go to the final shop and I'm ready to be disappointed. So i go into the final store and see a young store clerk and go over and ask him about the game. Well woul;dn't you know it, they had them in stock and he went to the store room to get it. Well needless to say the transaction went through exactly as I had visualised it earlier in the day & so was a happy bunny bouncing home with a new game to play.

The 2nd attempt was to satisfy that it wasn't just luck and so I went to visualise something that should be impossible for me to achieve. This time I wanted a sports car and to put it mildly my credit rating is terrible, I struggle to get credit cards for anything more than £200, so for me to get a £10,000 sports car was basically impossible.
So I visualise myself driving the car that I wanted and feeling great while doing it. So off I went applying to everywhere to see if I could get credit to finance the purchase of this car I wanted. So I was getting nowhere fast and out of the blue a company says that they might be able to help me out. Well after a couple of weeks of getting documents etc.. the deal fell through. So like before I was stumped, I thought that this 1 opportunity that had just fallen through was my only hope. But like before when the going gets tough they recommend not giving up but even more so believe that it's going to happen, so I did just that. Well a couple of days after that deal fell though another company phoned up and said that they would be able to help out. Well this time it worked and a couple of weeks later I was driving about in my new car.

So I am a certified believer in "The Secret" because like I said before there was no way that I should have got that car, it just shouldn't have been possible with the credit rating I had but I did.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

If you like that one, what the bleep do we know is pretty good too.

Bleep is...

NOT true.. as for the water experiment. Thread on ATS on it already .. like 2 years ago .. yea.. BLeep is totally mis-leading

Haven't seen Secret yet.. started but haven't finished..
edit on 1-8-2012 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   

In response to all the Junksters of Will-Rush-HaHa :-

We are creations of God, so why is it so implausible that we can not create our own worlds or realities.

The trick is to accept with grace everything you create, every second of every day. Never play the victim card. Once you realise and live by this then the world is your oyster !

The mind-bend is that fate still exists. Everything you have created or will create is already known - this is held in the Akashic records - accessible through the astral realms.

The extra mind-bend is that your reality is only occuring inside you. Without you, there is no reality. So why am I typing this if it's all in my consciousness - because God loves me and wants me to !

Peace, Love and Light

PS - Go easy on the gunga Will.

* Ned

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Hey Willrush,

'The Secret' is a dumbed down mass marketed version of an ancient theme which was first documented in what is today called The Emerald Tablet of Hermes Trismegistus. It is a process designed purely to make its creator Rhonda Byrne a lot of cash, although it did get out the message about what is today termed ‘The Law of Attraction’. But the Law of Attraction does work, and if you want to find out a little more about it you should check out this thread entitled How "the law of attraction"works.

It was written by one of the mods who is actually a published author on the law of attraction. Be warned though, it is epic and goes on for 67 pages.

The naysayers on here really don’t know what they’re talking about. Let me guess, you all wished for a beachside condo and are still waiting….?

The true LoA has nothing to do with being ‘positive’ in light of all the crap going on in your life, nor is it simly visualising some outcome and *poof* it will happen. Rather it’s all about maintaining a certain mindset designed to put you in control of the events taking place in your life. We have all been brainwashed to believe that we are passive spectators in a world beyond our control; or that there is some great divide between the spiritual world and the physical world, as if spirituality only happens when we dream, meditate or die. Not true. You are creating your own reality every minute of every day.

As for the movie ‘What The Bleep’, yes it was simplistic, yes it is another mass marketed film, yes it was funded by the dubious JZ Knight, but one thing you have to keep in mind is that of the 11 scientists (all of whom know much more about their chosen fields than anyone on this thread), only one disagreed with the films conclusions.

What the Bleep only points to a possibility which is becoming more and more likely as more is discovered about the amazing world of subatomic articles and how consciousness affects the physical body. It is not nor was it ever intended to be a proper scientific documentary.

However if you’re all content to drift aimlessly on the river of life instead of gaining a boat with a rudder then just keep believing what you believe…

edit on 1/8/2012 by 1littlewolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I watched 'The Secret' a year or so ago. I downloaded the app on my phone, and get a daily inspirational quote. Some make me roll my eyes like a petulant teen. But I chip away at the negativity.

Seems to have a 'If you build it, they will come' philosophy.

I took away that if you visualize something, you will take steps to make it happen.

To use the example given here--he wanted an Xbox early. Went to the store, and made it happen. Didnt sit at home and wait for Santa, but went and obtained the desired objective. Sports car? Same.

All I have visualized is me in a contented frame of mind. Happy with what I have, and not carrying a deep longing for more more more. That is harder than I thought. It happens in brief instances. Meditation is helpful as well.

I'm now headed off to What the Bleep and the other referenced material.

Just take one step to your goal today. Then another step tomorrow. It WILL be achieved.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeenAlot
I'm now headed off to What the Bleep and the other referenced material.

You might want to swing by this page on your way: What the (Bleep) Were They Thinking?

His conclusion?

Upon further investigation I find the films’ producers, writers, directors, and a number of the featured “experts” are members of the Ramtha School of Enlightenment. The film is a propaganda piece for a cult.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Sounds interesting, it's probably on netflix if it is a few years old so I'll try to find it there. I don't go out to too many new movies but I have plans to see the new Batman movie in a few weeks, you know, after the crowds die down a bit.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

THAT was hilarious! The "What the Bleep" movie will leave me with the unending meditation of "was that a drag queen in red?"

The Secret is a better movie. And it is on Netflix.

I would LOVE to get off the medications. But I'm pretty sure my blood pressure would pop the top of my head right off. This, of course, after I go all Gladiator on the neighbor & his F*#*&"ng dogs.

My understanding of Quantum Physics is vague. If you look to measure something, it will be there to measure. Space is most of the measurable object around us. And an electron is only present when it is captured for definition.---after reading that, I am now more depressed--I just said "Size Matters"

If I measure my wife's intellect, does that mean she has some? Or if I imagine her more beautiful, I will see her as an angel?

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Funny you should bring that up because I just watched it. It has some good points but I thought it was just another way to pray.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join