It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

who on ATS has seen the movie 'the secret'?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I have just recently watched this movie 'the secret', and i thought it was great!

it gave me a totally new way to see things about reality.. and i just love to see things in a new way..

so for those who have seen this movie.. what do you think?... and for those who have not seen it.. i suggest you do!.. because it was great, in my opinion..

but i wasnt sure where to put this thread.. i just kinda guessed this because of what the movie is about.. but i just want to see what others views on it are and see if you agreed with some of the theories they have?!

thanks

peace and love

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by willrush

I have just recently watched this movie 'the secret', and i thought it was great!
SHUSH!!!! You're not supposed to tell anyone.

but i wasnt sure where to put this thread.. i just kinda guessed this because of what the movie is about.. but i just want to see what others views on it are and see if you agreed with some of the theories they have?!

The Movies Forum might have been appropriate.

I've never heard of it. Is it a new movie?

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
The reality is that you create your own reality

That is the reality of it all.

Sometime it takes a little longer to manifest the reality but rest assured, focus on th reality and it will become.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

thats the thing! its the secret that is supposed to be told!! haha

but oh i guess i just didnt see it haha. oh well.... but no it was made in 2006... but i just recently watched it... its almost like a documentary but it is not exactly one haha.. its filmed like 'what the bleep do we know' is filmed.. if you have seen that..

but its great..

the secret is basically that you are able to control your life and what happens in it by what you think about and how you think about things.... by the law of attraction....

so by thinking about things constantly. those things are attracted into your life.... like if you have a constant thought about bad things.. then bad things are most likely to be in your life....

it is a very interesting idea!.. and i can see how something like this could be true haha

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I watched it about 5 years ago. Here's a sample--->> The Secret
edit on 1-8-2012 by Cropper because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by magma

exactly magma!.. we create our own reality...

so you have seen this movie??..

do you know how to use this secret in your life?.. just wondering..

haha

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by willrush

If you like that one, what the bleep do we know is pretty good too.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

yes i have seen what the bleep do we know.. and i loved it! haha..

what did you think about the movies?

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Yes I was shown the secret way before any book or movie was invented or written.

It was taught to me as universal law.

It is not hard to practice but requires an element of discipline and focus on transcending into the desired reality.

I used to use it for material gain, cars motor bikes, money just stuff in general.

I know use it for goodness instead of evil.

Hope that helps

edit on 1-8-2012 by magma because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
All about wishful thinking. Of course, if you walk around with a smile on your face instead of a frown, daily interaction with people will be better, etc. The Secret, though, promises outlandish things like believing and convincing yourself in being able to be a billionaire will one day land you as a member of the 1%ers.

It's the perfect scam. If your dreams dont come true, it means you didnt want them enough.

Pure bull.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
They were entertaining, haven't quite been able to wrap my head around them enough to believe them as of yet though. Hard to break 30 years of conditioning that you are a mere weak mortal.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by magma

that is very helpful indeed!..

i understand that it is something that is not just done by only thinking about what you want to get it.
i think it is more about feeling what it is you want and feeling and thinking about it so much that it comes into your life..?

that is what i got from the movie in how to use this universal law.. but i dont know..
is it somewhat close to how it is done? haha

but because of who i am, i am not desired to have any cool stuff in my life.. it is not something that is important to me... but it would be helpful i guess because i am on my way to be living on my own right out of highschool.. so if i were able to use this ability for my advantage in life.. such as getting a job.. finding the right girl in my life.. things like that i would see myself using it...
and of course just being an always happy loving person is the main thing that would be done haha

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

yeah i guess it is hard to see something like this movie and be able to believe it.. especially 30 years into your life.. thankfully i am only 18 years into it so that is probably why its more easier for me to see how what kind of capabilities we humans really have!

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

If you like that one, what the bleep do we know is pretty good too.

Dont get me wrong, I generally like your posts (a lot) but this one is a bit off, imo. This movie was very iffy to me personally. The producers and funders of this movie are students of J.Z. Knight, supposed channeler of some ancient alien called Ramtha. Knight was also interviewed and validated extensively in the movie, by the way.

Also the pseudoquantum speak, twisted into some sort of neomysticism is crossing the line of dishonesty.

A bit like Chopra's ramblings, complete with "borrowed" and "enhanced" scientific terms but even loopier.

If you believe in millionaire channelers, then this movie is just for you.

Just an opinion.

edit on 1-8-2012 by Snoopy1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snoopy1978
All about wishful thinking. Of course, if you walk around with a smile on your face instead of a frown, daily interaction with people will be better, etc. The Secret, though, promises outlandish things like believing and convincing yourself in being able to be a billionaire will one day land you as a member of the 1%ers.

It's the perfect scam. If your dreams dont come true, it means you didnt want them enough.

Pure bull.

You're right. It is all about keeping the poor poor, plus getting them to empty their pockets in hopes of a miracle. Kind of like prosperity gospel minus religion.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Snoopy1978

I read a bio, pretty odd lol. Then again most might say the same about me

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by reppie

well even if it isnt true what the movie has to say.. isnt it an interesting thought??

i like to think about how these kinds of ideas could really work in our world..

do you not find it fun to think about things like this?.. to imagine if it were literally possible to make your own reality!...

true or not.. i like to think that it could be true haha

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by reppie

Originally posted by Snoopy1978

Pure bull.

You're right. It is all about keeping the poor poor, plus getting them to empty their pockets in hopes of a miracle. Kind of like prosperity gospel minus religion.

Couldnt have said it better myself!

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Pretty cool concept, in terms of 'self help' and mysticism and all that, but the makers of this stuff shouldn't be dressing it up as science. When we watch the documentaries on quantum mechanics and stuff along those lines, it's important to remember the scientists are relating ideas they arrived at through complex mathematics and vast amounts of data. They present models they think are correct. They don't merely pull this stuff out of their ass and attach pseudoscientific words to make it sound convincing.

As far as 'making our own reality' and changing stuff by observing it, the facts are half the scientists would disagree by saying we're only experiencing one of many universes that manifested because of that observation. They'd also argue the observation thing has almost no effect in the macro (as opposed to quantum) world.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   

I can't quite figure out why you keep putting "haha" at the end of every post you make... are you actually laughing at the ridiculousness of your own thread, and the things you're saying? Because that's the most logical explanation that I can come to based on the "haha" being at the end of nearly every reply you've made.

As for "The Secret," and the Law of Attraction... they're snake oil. Just like "What the Bleep Do We Know?" and the "Celestine Prophecy" book series. All of them are poorly contrived new-age tripe backed by pseudo-scientific rhetoric. None of them work, none of them are true.

As for the idea of spending time on thinking about inventing your own reality... why would you waste precious time of the only life you get... imagining a world you can never have? Why would you ever sacrifice a second of your finite existence on anything other than living the life you actually have?

~ Wandering Scribe

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join