It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HELP! STOP THEIF! Holder and Department of Justice flexing it's muscles on this family to steal the

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Text YellowTextText

I searched for this story on ATS and did not find it so I hope I'm not duplicating any other thread.

I read an article just now that infuriates me called "Holder DOJ Orders Family: Give Up Your Religon Or You Business". liberty.com...

It's just another example of how the Obama administration, along with his soulless cronies, are going out I'd their way to steal our freedoms in America. How anyone could even think for a split second about re-electing him and his team is beyond me. Please read the story below I found at Liberty.com and if it angers you as it has me please Flag the post on ATS and copy the link from their website and spread on any social media you can to warn everyone you can about what is to come.

Often I hear people ask in so many different ways,Name one thing Obama's done wrong that wasn't a trickle down problem passed on by the Bush Administration! Well, here's one! And a big one at that. I'd love to read everyone's thoughts whether you are for or against the government forcing this on people. Maybe I'm the one that's strange now and become a minority without realizing it. Maybe the blood my father, grandfather, and great grandfather shed for this country were wasted.

If I am in the minority then I'm happy I can at least I'm not one of the sheeple that just swallow everything they try to feed us.

Here's the link to the story again in case you chose to read my rant first:
liberty.com...

HOLDER DOJ ORDERS FAMILY: GIVE UP YOUR RELIGION OR YOUR BUSINESS
July 31, 2012 - 4:33pm

The Justice Department last week presented the Newland family of Colorado–who own Hercules Industries, a heating, ventilation and air-conditioning business–with what amounted to an ultimatum: Give up your religion or your business.

“Hercules Industries has ‘made no showing of a religious belief which requires that [it] engage in the [HVAC] business,” the Justice Department said in a formal filing in the U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado.

In response to the Justice Department’s argument that the Newlands can either give up practicing their religion or give up owning their business, the Alliance Defending Freedom, which is representing the family, said in a reply brief: “[T]o the extent the government is arguing that its mandate does not really burden the Newlands because they are free to abandon their jobs, their livelihoods, and their property so that others can take over Hercules and comply, this expulsion from business would be an extreme form of government burden.”

Now that the Supreme Court has upheld the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act and its mandate that individuals must buy health insurance, this suit which seeks to protect a small business from being forced to take actions that violate the moral and religious beliefs of the family that owns it is likely to be the next major court battle over Obamacare.

At stake is whether businesses are protected by the First Amendment—the part of the Bill of Rights that guarantees not only the free exercise of religion but also freedom of speech and of the press.

Mod Note: Posting work written by others.– Please Review This Link.

edit on 8/1/2012 by defcon5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
[Snip]
Mod Note: Posting work written by others.– Please Review This Link.

edit on 8/1/2012 by defcon5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
This doesn't violate their faith as they are not providing the contraceptives and sterilizations. Instead the insurance company is. The individual employees have more rights than a company. They are trying to impose their religious belief on their employees. The employees have the right to decide what to do with their body and it is none of the employers business what they do in the doctors office.

I also don't understand how a HVAC company is a religious one. That makes no sense at all.
edit on 8/1/2012 by PhantomLimb because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/1/2012 by PhantomLimb because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by PhantomLimb

They are self insured as I heard them personally describe it on an interview earlier today. So, simply saying it's the insurance company so it shouldn't matter is missing the fact the insurance company in this case is them.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Well, this is what happens with great social experiments. They tend to intrude into everyone's lives in ways large and small where the government has no goddamned business. Which, of course, leads to this insufferable, unrelenting lawyering and badgering of common people.

For those shills who come on here insistently repeating the mantra "you haven't lost any of your rights; name one right that you've lost...." well, take a look.

Now I say this in principle. I think all religions, including and particularly the Catholic religion, are there to massively control and determine behavior, and not to minister to the spirit. But that's beside the point. It's still an area where the government shouldn't tread; and they should take such things under serious consideration before passing such massively overreaching laws....

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by PMNOrlando

I searched for this story on ATS and did not find it so I hope I'm not duplicating any other thread.

thread from July 27th.

DOJ to Colorado Family: Give Up Your Religion or Your Business !!

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by PhantomLimb

Um, no. The people OWN the business. The employees can go somewhere else to get a job for their services.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
you are being over emotional. Everything is fine.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

This administration doesnt take anything into consideration besides their own damned agenda.

Good post

Obamas greatest 'accomplishment' is going to be his greatest downfall. He has done absolutely nothing good for this country, and I think that was his plan the entire time.
....or he is just that stupid. take your pick.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Thanks for showing me this. Any idea how I can best find previous threads like this? Does ATS search engine stink that bad?. Thanks again.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

Thank you very much! I agree with you. I think his people had this planned the entire time, to steal our freedoms. I say "his people" because the President is merely a puppet for those who pull his strings.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by PMNOrlando

Sorry, I wasn't aware of this good news:

Catholic business owners score win against ObamaCare mandate!

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

new topics

top topics

join