It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Washed ashore

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Well I am not exactly a new member but my ATS hiatus has been long enough that this seemed an appropriate spot for this thread.

First I really want to apologize for vanishing without any words from me to any of my friends here
I just logged out, and abandoned everyone. Further apologies for the Debate Forum, as I recall I left right before a debate was supposed to start that they were kind of enough to setup for me
I'm sure this is all water under the bridge, but I wanted to say I was sorry anyways.

I left ATS, and more or less most things I was involved with at that time, after I got the call that my brother was tragically killed during a home invasion. It took place at his best friends house, I was not there. He tried to save his friend and was shot and killed. They caught the two suspects and they were charged and are behind bars. This was devastating to my family, I just had to get away from certain things.

Been lurking for a long while now and I figured now is a good of time as any to surface. I have been very impressed with how much ATS has evolved over the years. It really took off with new ventures!

So hello and how is everyone that I knew before?
I am still myself, albeit a little more so now. Single, new career and a new cat ^_^

For members that never knew me
I like to hear my own voice, and contribute to a range of topics. My primary interest is in philosophy (ethics, morality), technology, medicine and religion. I like to think I am a healthy blend of "believer" and "skeptic" concerning the 'other' forums and conspiracy in general.

Hope I can make amends with some good posts

edit on 31-7-2012 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Awesome come-back dude

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
and I thought this was
gonna be another thread
about that thing that
washed up in the east river...

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I'm so sorry to hear about your brother. That must have been so tramatic.

Welcome back home!

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Welcome Back Lucid Lunacy

There have been some changes since you were here last so you might want to look over this link..

Reaffirming ATS Policies ( Please Read )

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Welcome back! Sorry for your loss. I had a childhood friend that I hadn't seen for many years. He called me one day out of the blue, and said "I'm hitch-hiking to your place. See you in a few days." He was leaving from Miami, and headed to the Panhandle (Florida).

That's the last anyone ever heard from him. His parents, OMG; he was their only son. That was about 25 years ago. Tragedy strikes before you know it; it's good to let people know frequently how much you care for them...

I look forward to your input. It's a madhouse sometimes, but where else would they house us all?

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Welcome back mate

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Welcome back

Sorry to hear about your loss.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
GREAT TO SEE YOU BACK LUCID!!!

Very sorry to hear what you've had to go through. No doubt it's a good reason to take time away from everything and re-evaluate all you know. I hope you've found comfort since. Everyday is the roll of the dice.

Looking forward to your compelling opinions once again!

new topics

top topics

join