It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11 Forum

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Is ATS really considering removing the entire 9/11 forum?

I understand the staff is reviewing this issue. But is it really necessary to lock all threads from being read?

Isn't there some alternative other than removing everything?

How does ATS know who is behind this "trolling".

Maybe someone pretending to be from P4T is doing it?

edit on 31-7-2012 by MagicWand67 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
We've tried several methods to bring civility to that cesspool in the past... nothing seems to work.

We are at a loss.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by MagicWand67

Just saw this myself and had to click it several times to make sure it wasn't a glitch. It is sad when a bunch of folks ruin something. I hope they don't shut the forum down.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

That is a shame SO. Some people... :shk:

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

While you and the staff review this.

Can't there be a way to still allow people to read the existing threads?

No new threads or new posts instead of removing the entire forum?

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Yeah great, just when we were awaiting the grand evidence for GoodOldDave to produce a source on his claim that he had provided the actual serial number from AA77's FDR. Something that not even the government has produced under FOIA requests. Man I tell ya, I have staunchly always defended ATS against derision here and anywhere I go, but to end this forum now, when dave's feet were held to the fire...

I seriously have to wonder what the heck is going on, and if some of the rumors of staff alternative accounts could possibly be true. I don't think they are, but I wouldn't mind hearing that directly from admins one more time, assuring me that no such thing has EVER taken place here- except to post a few videos under an ATS general account.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Oops! Nevermind.

edit on 8/1/2012 by Majic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
Man I tell ya, I have staunchly always defended ATS against derision here and anywhere I go, but to end this forum now, when dave's feet were held to the fire...

There is no motive to the timing... I just happened to come online 20 minutes ago, and be alerted to the mess and related discussion in our staff forum.

Believe what you will. I'm ready to wash my hands of that forum I once protected.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Ok, I can accept that on the timing. But unfortunately, you seemed to have dodged the real question of the staff alternate accounts. Like I said, I don't really believe that, but you're not helping any. NONE.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Please do not let the trolls win.

There is an abundance of great information in that forum.

If you feel the need to shut it down. Please do not remove the existing threads.

That would be like setting fire to an entire library of history.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
you seemed to have dodged the real question of the staff alternate accounts

The accusations are false.

And when staff members have been discovered to have alternate accounts for the purpose of instigating drama (about 3 years ago), those staff members have been banned.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   

edit on 1-8-2012 by alien because: ...multiple-banned returnee...banned again...

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Well that helps. So thanks.

As to the forum, obviously I'd like to see it continue. And you're obviously at the end of the rope with it. Good luck with the decision, and hope I had nothing to do with it. I have posted quite a few P4T stories in the past, of that there is no question. I have had occasional contact with Rob, but I don't even have permission to edit my posts there.

I really did want to see dave produce that source. Because if he could, it would be huge news, and a new critical piece of information that has been long sought after. Well GoodOldDave, guess you can just U2U it to me, please. (won't hold my breath.)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Also, I have another question. Does this mean the 9/11 subject is off the table all over the site as well? Because I was literally just entering composition of a new hypothesis thread on the subject I was going to put in Skunk Works. Would that be acceptable?

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Interesting...

A conspiracy site contemplating on closing a forum which covers one of the biggest conspiracies ever...

I have never really contributed to the forum, but it is sad to see it go, along with all the material.

Trolls are on every thread though...

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   

edit on 1-8-2012 by alien because: ...multiple-banned returnee...banned again...

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
I'd be careful with your replies here folks. SO has considerable tools as IT admin to know and check a lot of things. If he has discovered a systematic effort, he believes, to the point he'd shut down the forum, I think you might consider letting him and the staff work this out without insult or derision. Although could be he's just so sick of all the complaints and the time it takes to deal with it, the forum just may not be worth the effort anymore. No matter what any of us think. As a private forum that has grown considerably over the years, only ATS management can decide, and that is their prerogative. But all I ask is for some kind of provision that allows what's there to be viewed, or perhaps take it to a permissions based forum to be able to post. Or perhaps post minimums. Or something.

It appears ATS never really had a problem with P4T's research, per se, cause they have never auto censored P4T's links to their site that I know of.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   

edit on 8/1/2012 by defcon5 because: ...multiple-banned returnee...banned again...

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   

edit on 8/1/2012 by defcon5 because: ...multiple-banned returnee...banned again...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join