It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gary Johnson Beats Ron Paul in New Poll:

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Fact:
Your posting is obviously very Biased.
We get it, you don't like Ron Paul.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by eLPresidente

You are aware that Ron Paul's people are COUNTING on writing him in, right? Because his name will not appear on the ballot. Consider him a write-in candidate on this poll... Looks pretty grim... 2%

I agree that Gary Johnson is a much better Libertarian choice.

I think they won't rest until Ron Paul's name is up in lights on every single voting booth in the country. That and bolded first on every ballot!

It would be cool if they actually did accomplish this though.

edit on 1-8-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

This stuff really isn't even funny anymore, you're like an internet propaganda machine.

I find it amazing how every supporter of every other candidate on ATS talks more about Ron Paul.
edit on 1-8-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

Man check out the backlash against a pro-gary johnson post!!!

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

I don't know, I got tired to browsing and posting in the political forums for the most part. The political trolls have done their job and it's not worth the trouble of arguing back and forth over the same things all the time when people just aren't going to get it.

Gary Johnson and the Libertarian party isn't much of an issue for me, so I don't post in those threads. Even though the logic is sound for supporting the L party, nobody is going to win anything unless they go through one of the two major parties. It's unfortunate that people are stupid enough to conform to this dual party bs, but that's the world we live in. People don't care about any "Republican values" or "Libertarian values", all they care about is winning with no consideration of the reality of the situation. Maybe one day that will change, maybe not.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by eLPresidente

You are aware that Ron Paul's people are COUNTING on writing him in, right? Because his name will not appear on the ballot. Consider him a write-in candidate on this poll... Looks pretty grim... 2%

I agree that Gary Johnson is a much better Libertarian choice.

I think they won't rest until Ron Paul's name is up in lights on every single voting booth in the country. That and bolded first on every ballot!

Gary Johnson IS the Libertarian choice. Several of the third parties have some decidedly libertarian ideas, though in various shadings and leanings. Authoritarianism is slowly giving way to libertarian ideals in an awakened world, though fighting it every inch of the way.

jj, you are very correct!! For another few weeks you are, at least. Until the Republican primary season is over after the Tampa convention later this month it has been the focus all along to see Ron Paul's name will be on every ballot in every voting booth in the country. Bolded would be a nice touch but that's really not what we are after, necessarily. - No point deduction taken from your correct statement though -

Fact is, no one knows the plan after that yet. That is a whole new phase going into the general elections. It is on the most focused libertarian minds that it will be Ron Paul or nobody in November, write-in if necessary but no undecideds. A poll of undecided voters makes for a clumsy but very pliable poll at this stage, otherwise your OP link indicates Romney might as well throw in the towel.

I probably do fall more in-line with many of Gary Johnson's ideas where I disagree with Paul, but as we all know third-parties stand little chance of being elected, so voting for him is out of the equation while the Republican nomination is still open. We are not planning on throwing in the towel one-half minute before the end-of-the last round bell rings.

If you have been paying any attention at all to these forums you would know this is more about an idea than about any particular man. Ron Paul is the iconic figure of the current libertarian movement and is a current MAJOR-PARTY candidate. For right now and until after the Convention he has our full support and with every hope and confidence for victory.

After the Primaries

After the primaries will be a whole new strategy. The overall goal is to obtain liberty and get back on course with our American Constitution. I am not sure anyone knows with any certainty yet what the strategy will be then. Hopefully we proceed to November with Paul as the Republican nominee.

Your link suggests Paul may yet go independent if not nominated. One cannot entirely dismiss the possibility of that but it is not a thought being considered by the Paul campaign; the primary has the goal of making Paul the Republican nominee, period.

The libertarian movement is facing the mainstream media's new-found interest in third-parties, perhaps as a strategy to water-down the authoritarian opposition by focusing on liberty-friendly third-party independants. If Dr. Paul will not be active after the primaries the movement may decide to back a different candidate. It seems much less likely Paul could win the White House as an independent but if he were to make that attempt he would certainly take the largest percentage of the third-party votes. Remember, your poll was based on undecided voters. Paul supporters are most assuredly not undecided.

It would be cool if they actually did accomplish this though.

Yes it would.

edit on 1-8-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente

Anytime you try to polish Romney up on ATS, you get exposed and Romney gets dumped on. Anytime you try to dump on Obama to make Romney look better, you get exposed and end up getting dumped on for loving Romney without a clue.

By the way, this still holds as fact.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Where in that reply did you explain Romneys plans for helping the country? You didn't (because you can't and because he doesn't have any)

Anyone that reads that will see I am not lying. Nowhere do you lay out what Romney's plans are. He has refused to offer them and his supporters just accept it. Ron Paul could have handily put Mitt under in this election, but we have seen a huge coordinated effort to defraud the vote in many states by ROMNEY SUPPORTERS IN THE gOP also in the media which brings me to another point. In that thread you mention Romney either starting or owning clear channel communications that alone is a huge problem as clear channel is over manyy nnews stations which explains the anti paul bias on conservative and liberal stations alike. Paul is a uniter (of anyone inntelligent enough to listen) Romney is pro gun control, war mongering, idiot, that is only good at creating jobs in china. He has no chance of bring the gop, tea party, liberty, and independets together. I know you are incapable of seeing it, but most people actually hate Romney and think he is a total joke. It takes something special and new to remove an incumbent president, that's where Ron Paul comes in, but your own party defrauded you and lied to you so you wouldn't see it. You have no chance with Romney.

Also I never lied, telling me the half baked reasons you support him is not explaining what his plans are. I asked the question in the first place as a trick question, I knew you wouldn't be able to answer because Romney has never had a plan. The point was to make you wake up and realize you are supporting someone based on nothing real. You don't know his plans.. no one does. Yet you just talk and list these pointless anecdotes about Romney like they mean something. So technically you are the one lying here, until you tell me what he is going to do to fix the country. Being a war monger and gun control advocate who supports obamacare entirely but then says he doesn't to the press isn't going to help us. If he got in by the way he wouldn't repeal Obamacare you've deluded yourselves into believing that too.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join