It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gary Johnson Beats Ron Paul in New Poll:

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
What's that I'm seeing? A poll that includes a third party choice for voters to pick? Now, whatever the Paul supporters would have you believe, the media isn't dumb or operating some conspiracy to shield away Ron Paul's name from the fabric of history. They simply know that there is little support for the guy out there. Time and time again, the polls show that Ron Paul would get picked 1%-5% of the time. (I'm being generous by giving him 5%).

Gary Johnson beat Ron Paul by 1% in the latest poll by Gallup. Gary Johnson (the actual libertarian) got only 3% of the vote. Ron Paul got 2%.

Gary Johnson's popularity is actually rising as people get fed up with the Romney and Obama negative campaigns. Gary Johnson also wants to take a few votes away from Romney, but that's very unlikely. Now, the [Ron Paul Supporters] will yell and scream at Gallup because they didn't actually include Ron Paul's name on the ticket. But this was a third party poll that allowed volunteers to voice their opinion about whoever they would like! Do you really need Gallup to take your hand and show you where Ron Paul's name is, even if it was included? That's not really thinking for yourself is it?

What about the other two names on the list? Virgil Goode of the Constitution Party and Jill Stein of the Green Party. These two names are also on the list and also have part of the voting population. They have loud supporters as well. Nobody is saying that there is a media conspiracy to keep them away from the public's attention. Nobody is yelling at polling organizations to put their names on tickets. They are not alone in wanting a third party candidate. Truth be told if Gary Johnson actually stuck his neck out there and did some of the things Romney or Obama is doing (campaign-wise) then yes I would seriously consider him. The only problem is, a successful third party candidate who wins the White House has never happened in the history of the United States! It's about time they realize the truth and face the facts and do what they yell at others to do and "wake up." Nobody likes third party candidates!

Historically this poll shows what most republicans and democrats already know. That people likely will lean democrat or republican. There is little support for third party and voting third party only helps the incumbent!

Now supporters of third party politicians will only yell at this post and scream that the media only picks democrats and republicans to do these polls!!! They are brainwashing us!!!! They are cheats! Calm yourselves, take a breather, and look in the mirror! Your platform does the same exact thing! As chronicled in the past I have compiled many instances where supporters of third party candidates use the same tactics the media and the two party system uses to try to brainwash gullible people into thinking that politicians can save the world. They find some way to justify what they do because its on their side and its spreading their message. It's still WRONG!

If you want to change the world, politics isn't the answer. Start a non-profit!

www.gallup.com...

firstread.msnbc.msn.com...
edit on 31-7-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

Mod Note:

15g.) Political Baiting: You will not engage in politically-charged rhetoric, politically-inspired name-calling, and related right-versus-left political bickering while Posting in any topical forum or discussion thread on the Websites. You will not alter political candidate names or party affiliations in order to insult or deride the opposition.

edit on 1-8-2012 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   

edit on 1-8-2012 by jazzguy because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-8-2012 by jazzguy because: cant be bothered arguing

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Your title should actually be reading,

Gary Johnson beats Ron Paul in a poll

(disclaimer: Ron Paul not included in poll)

Anytime you try to polish Romney up on ATS, you get exposed and Romney gets dumped on. Anytime you try to dump on Obama to make Romney look better, you get exposed and end up getting dumped on for loving Romney without a clue.

So thus your insanely imaginative mind comes up with threads where you're pitting Ron Paul up against those actually on the poll while he was not. Brilliant! bravo!

Can you get any more desperate?

Whats that? still feel the need to attack Ron Paul when you've been blasting all over ATS how Romney will win the nomination?

You are now as scared of Ron Paul against your free market capitalist (but not really) god Romney as Outkast is against Obama.

And of course, your desperation and motives obviously show in your blog. Hey better edit your opinion piece on Nebraska, you got your facts wrong..again.

Now that your ATS trolling has come full circle, you may now plan your next thread.

edit on 1-8-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

What your poll numbers there tell me is that 95% of the people that were polled are morons.

/TOA

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Perhaps the poll can be read a little differently. 87% said they were going to vote for Romney or Obama. 7% said they weren't voting or didn't know. That leaves 6% who are interested in voting for ANY 3rd party candidate.

I'm surprised that number isn't larger.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
What's that I'm seeing? A poll that includes a third party choice for voters to pick?

Gary Johnson (the actual libertarian) got only 3% of the vote.

Gary Johnson's popularity is actually rising as people get fed up with the Romney and Obama negative campaigns.

I assume it is not your intention to be misleading or inaccurate, however, for clarification and accuracy you may wish to capitalize "Libertarian" when stating Gary Johnson is "the actual libertarian" as he is the Libertarian Party nominee for this presidential election year. Similar may be stated of Ron Paul as an actual Republican as he is a member of the Republican Party, a Republican congressman from Texas, and a Republican candidate. Both are known for their libertarian ideas - lower-case libertarian would be proper use in this instance.

There is little support for third party and voting third party only helps the incumbent!

Again your statement is likely inaccurate and may be deemed misleading when stating that voting third-party "only" helps the incumbent. George H. W. Bush may not agree that having the popular third-party candidate Ross Perot on the ballot helped his incumbent bid for re-election against Bill Clinton. Your use of an exclamation point draws attention to this statement which analysts conclude would be inaccurate for the outcome in that '92 election.

edit on 1-8-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente

(disclaimer: Ron Paul not included in poll)

Can you get any more desperate?

As mentioned in my post:

this was a third party poll that allowed volunteers to voice their opinion about whoever they would like! Do you really need Gallup to take your hand and show you where Ron Paul's name is, even if it was included? That's not really thinking for yourself is it?

Talk about desperation. Do you want government organizations to tell you who to vote for?
edit on 1-8-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

Does anyone really care? NO.

Jeez why does it matter? Of course Gary Johnson has libertarian ideas! Is your goal of being the grammar police now complete?

I agree with your statement about Bush, but that's just one example out of most of the historical polls. One example doesn't misplace all the data.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
7% said they weren't voting or didn't know.
That leaves 6% who are interested in voting for ANY 3rd party candidate.

Right I didn't even mention the 7% of people who claim they aren't voting. ANY is the key word here. They had every opportunity to volunteer Ron Paul's name. There are three other third party candidates there too.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Hey at least my title didn't read what the MSM title read. "Little support for third party candidates." I actually took the time to analyze the data and voice my opinion about it. So if you really want to attack someone attack THEM! Don't attack me for posting this information for your tunnel vision eyes to see.

Its too bad that you are too emotionally involved to face the facts.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77

Hey at least my title didn't read what the MSM title read. "Little support for third party candidates." I actually took the time to analyze the data and voice my opinion about it. So if you really want to attack someone attack THEM! Don't attack me for posting this information for your tunnel vision eyes to see.

Its too bad that you are too emotionally involved to face the facts.

You're trying too hard...again...

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

Eh.. probably not. This is just a ploy to split Pauls support because Johnson is most Paul supporters second choice.

How's Romney working out for the GOP? Running his idiot mouth internationally now I see. You guys chose wrong, continue to do so and you get Obama for four more years.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

Without a clue is right. I have yet to have a Romney supporter (including OP actually tell me what Romney's plans are (for anything). It's because they don't know. Romney copped out of telling them ("When I tell my plans I lose elections" lucky for him two party systems allow for that kind of ignorance i guess).

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

Without a clue is right. I have yet to have a Romney supporter (including OP actually tell me what Romney's plans are (for anything).

You sir are blatantly lying!!!!! I cannot believe someone has this much short term memory loss. I told you why I am voting for Romney a few weeks ago. You agreed that I told you why I was voting for Romney!!!!

Stop lying! I told you right here why I am voting for Romney.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
The article about this poll of undecided voters seems to employ some verbal gymnastics that can be a bit difficult to decipher correctly. From what I can gather from their numbers given your thread title could have just as accurately read,

Obama Beats the Pants off Romney 47-40%

edit on 1-8-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Its very easy to beat someone at a poll or polling station when votes are not counted for the losing party and people completely ignore the voter fraud.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I will take Gary Johnson's ACTUAL Executive Experience over a legislator any day. I lost a lot of respect for Ron Paul when he went ultra negative during the primaries. Shame on him for that.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

Yes but you can actually read the polls and see where I got the facts from! If I posted that title you guys would yell at me that they didn't include third parties even though they did!

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by strykr619
I will take Gary Johnson's ACTUAL Executive Experience over a legislator any day. I lost a lot of respect for Ron Paul when he went ultra negative during the primaries. Shame on him for that.

I agree he's a better Libertarian than Ron Paul

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

You are aware that Ron Paul's people are COUNTING on writing him in, right? Because his name will not appear on the ballot. Consider him a write-in candidate on this poll... Looks pretty grim... 2%

I agree that Gary Johnson is a much better Libertarian choice.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join