It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US bid for multi-billion dollar nuclear aircraft carrier strike group in Perth

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlanQaida
reply to post by Kryties

That maybe your point of view
and you're entitled to that. I don't overly disagree with you on the U.S government, but where i differ is with the sympathy I have for the boots on the ground, I've seen loads of YouTube videos of soldiers goin crazy and enjoying it, but I've also seen videos not on YouTube of soldiers helping, being physically sick, ever seen a unit of grown men sitting down weeping because a village of children and women were shot to pieces because they were too late?
It's sad, seeing men second guess them selves over something they had no control over is gut wrenching.
But still people only see the YouTube videos of cowboys and believe that's all that happens.

It may surprise OP, but I am for bringing all our troops home. I don't see anything wrong, with defense, as I would love to see my own country defend its own borders. But when it comes to allies, I am in 100% support, to help them defend, their lands too. My country is not what it once was, but their are good people here. Its the Governments of the World, that are hurting its peoples. Supporting a country, like Australia, and defending them, doesn't make the supporter a "bully". It also doesn't make him, A warmonger either.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I have just scanned through the pages, but picked up on this.

I would also take better care of the aborigines, and NOT do what America has done to its native cultures.

What I am saying is YOUR COUNTRY hasn't done enough for its aboriginal peoples,

Mate, as an Aboriginal Person, I think we are doing just fine. Australia has taken enormous steps to make up for the past.

Please don't stir the pot by commenting about things you don't know.

The Hooper incedent is a non story.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

I didn't say you were an American hater, did you miss the part where I said I agreed with you somewhat?

And I agree with split infinity's last post.
We have an army of 30,000 ish, like it or not, the alliance we have with America is essential, even of only to the point of sharing a similar culture and speaking the same language.

We can't play a Switzerland card and say we're neutral. And the Chinese are communist, say we sided with them, what happens when we don't play ball with a policy direction they want us to go with? They are Connie's and despise dissidence! They would surely just come and take what they wanted and kill anyone that got in their way.
No thanks.
Besides, yanks have better bbq manners, even if it ends with someone naked.
edit on 1/8/2012 by AlanQaida because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlanQaida
reply to post by Kryties

I didn't say you were an American hater, did you miss the part where I said I agreed with you somewhat?

I wasn't referring to you mate, I said "other posters".

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Ok, sorry mate, disregard my comment

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Pedro4077

My children are Native American. I also have a few Aboriginal friends. I am not stirring up a "pot", as it is a subject, I feel needs to be represented,and that I am aware of, first hand also. Its always a slow process, when it comes to fixing problems, of Natives around the World, that needs to be addressed. As I said. I see nothing wrong with showing your ancestry.. Repressing any aspect, is not in my blood. When you make a statement, the World stage, is a fine place to make them. As with the 1968 Human rights power salute, I applaud his actions.

Peace

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

First, You did trash America.

No I did not. I criticised, and you have mistaken this as "trashing" because you have been indoctrinated to believe so.

Second, I was VERY clear that Australia, is heading down the wrong road, when it comes to its Natives. Just LIKE America did, and has. But you overlooked it, out of emotional finger pointing.

Third, maybe you have to understand what "rights" are, what "freedoms" are. Did you see the picture? Do you know what that's from? Do you understand, those are struggles that are daily? they have to be fought on the biggest stages?

Did you read the post above from the Australian Aboriginal who told you that you were wrong and please don't comment on things you have no understanding of? Hmmm?

Like I said, damn the rules.

That's pretty much how the US treats the world as a whole.

I now know how the other 13% in your country truly feel, about America. I learned something.

You have learned nothing except how to believe completely ridiculous statistics like "87% of Australians want this".

You have the last word, my friend. I still consider you a good poster, regardless on how you feel towards my country.

Mate, please stop making me out to be some sort of "America-hater". I have said, multiple times in this thread, and many many MANY times in my years on ATS that this is not so. Ignoring this and claiming it anyway does not an American-hater make.
edit on 1/8/2012 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Here in Australia we have a saying called "Poor Bugga Me", - this must end. We can't dwell on the injustices of the past. We must live in the present and strive towards a better future.

There will always be Hooper type incedents, blown out of proportion. And the 1968 Black Power Fist was a very different era - 44 Years Have Passed.

It's time to move on.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Pedro4077

Your words speak wisdom mate, keep up the good work

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

If you noticed...I never once called you an American Hater....but I do see you talking about issues that are not based on any line of Logic or sense of what Australia's true reality is at this time...whether you like it or not.

You have a choice...and your Government has been smart enough to choose U.S. protection against an Murderous Communist Dictatorship...because that is what China is...a bunch of Old Communist Guard types that if they did not have the U.S. preventing them from expansion...THEY WOULD absorb your Country and do away with your Freedoms.

The Reality is...China does not take your country because WE are the buffer against this action. If you truly believe they would not do this...then you are fooling yourself.
Split Infinity

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Logical move I rek'n, especially with Harold Holt up at ex-mouth, a carrier cruising the west coast during a time of war will be handy.

Perth and Freo will go off their tits but, nuclear powered craft hovering off the coast.. they'll protest, butler trio might do some concerts.. but ultimately its a logical chess move during difficult times.. protestors will be monitored and recorded by what ever new security department is assigned to it.. might even be swans orders?...

girl I knew in high school always wanted to be a fighter pilot, and i recently read she'd gotten her wings through years of training... be awesome for her and our military to train and work alongside the carrier...

hookers in north bridge will make a killing and there will be more targets for the dumb, drunk youth to pick fights with on a Saturday night... especially when its a thick American drawl.. they hear...

but.. its a good move! and i welcome it.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Look, this was the thing that bothered me......

Originally posted by Kryties
The facts are really simple. Australia does not need or want the Americans help, nor do we want a target painted on our backs because you guys want to put large carrier groups next to our major cities.

You speak for ALL Australians, with a comment like that. Its clear not every Australian views it that way. Criticize, Yes. Comment for your whole country, NO.

Like I said, You talk of Bully's , but theirs always the next Bully to take its place. Just look to History, my friend.......

Peace

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

I have never been an American Hater, but your deluded, self absorbed, champion of the world comments are what the World Hates about you.

It will take some work, but quit doing this.

edit on 1-8-2012 by Pedro4077 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pedro4077
reply to post by sonnny1

Here in Australia we have a saying called "Poor Bugga Me", - this must end. We can't dwell on the injustices of the past. We must live in the present and strive towards a better future.

There will always be Hooper type incedents, blown out of proportion. And the 1968 Black Power Fist was a very different era - 44 Years Have Passed.

It's time to move on.

Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle. And so we must straighten our backs and work for our freedom. A man can't ride you unless your back is bent. ~Martin Luther King, Jr.

Peace

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   
The USA isnt defending. It is offending.
When they defend they stay home and defend but by sending their troops out of the country, that is offense.
And when they use offence they sure need to expect someone will defend against it

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Let’s Please Remember Our Manners

Speaking to no one in particular, and everyone in general, let's please remember to be courteous to one another.

Should you encounter someone who is not being reasonably polite, please alert us and we'll be happy to help.

Thanks.

edit on 8/1/2012 by Majic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

You speak for ALL Australians, with a comment like that. Its clear not every Australian views it that way. Criticize, Yes. Comment for your whole country, NO.

Well, at least you've stopped the "America-trasher" nonsense, that's a positive!

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   
America will always spread its interests into other countries. Australia will do whatever the big bad us of a tells them to do.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by inf3cti0n

Soon we'll have drones flying over our heads, stricter laws in place and many more things - I say thank you Julia Gillard. Its a load of crap!!! At present, theres numerous amounts of US military already in Australia, just look at the HARRP base in WA, and Darwin.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join