learn more

US bid for multi-billion dollar nuclear aircraft carrier strike group in Perth

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Actually, Japan wanted to force Australia, into submission. They could have only done that, If America, was thwarted. They did have invasion plans in the books, but it would have been costly.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Australia and America will always be allies. Some may not want it, but its the truth. The same with Great Britain.

Mate, if America were just another nation without superpower aspirations and a tendency to bully other countries into deals that mainly give advantage to the US - as well as not warmongering with half the planet, methinks you would find that we would be quite happy to be allies with America.

Nobody likes a bully.

If I was Australian, I would be worried that my natural resources are being SOLD to the highest bidder. I would also take better care of the aborigines, and NOT do what America has done to its native cultures. MHO

We won't run out of natural resources anytime soon mate, there's more than plenty here to go around. Funnily enough, selling these resources to the highest bidder staved off the worst of the GFC to Australia - we hardly felt the effects while much of the rest of the world was suffering.

And the Aboriginals? We said SORRY and we mark this with an annual National Day of Healing.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   
This is just one link out of THOUSANDS....
www.zdnet.com...
defensetech.org...
Here is some wording from another post
USS Gerald R. Ford (CVN-78) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Gerald_R._Ford_(CVN-78)As announced by the U.S. Navy on 16 January 2007, the ship will be named .... the technological level of the carrier fleet required a larger capacity power system. ... New defense systems, such as free electron laser directed-energy weapons, ...

The U.S. Military is very close to being capable of Vaporizing all Nuclear Warheads on every Counties Missiles, Gravity Nukes, MIRVED ICBM'S...MIRVED SLBM'S...as well as widening either an FEL BEAM or MEB BEAM to VAPORIZE entire enemy DIVISIONS, CITIES, NUCLEAR SITES or with a direct beam...VAPORIZING A SUB UNDER WATER AT AN UNLIMITED DEPTH.

Discover Magazine Reported that the already in existence Free Electron Laser being Nuclear Powered can Vaporize a Hole through 1000 Feet of SOLID TEMPERED STEEL in a matter of a COUPLE OF SECONDS!

READ UP! Split Infinity

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Thanks for the evidence of more warmongering from the US. So now they have a ray-gun that can vaporise nukes now do they? Can't wait to see that in action......although I would hate to be there if it fails dismally.

None of what you are saying changes the fact that America is a warmongering machine intent on enslaving the rest of the world to it's system and values. By placing a nuclear carrier group on Australian soil you are painting a huge target on our heads that is not our problem because we weren't the one's who pissed off the world.

Your arm-flexing and pro-American exceptionalism propaganda is ridiculous and only serves to emphasize my point.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

WIKI: Proposed Japanese invasion of Australia during World War II

According to historian Peter Stanley "No historian of standing believes the Japanese had a plan to invade Australia, there is not a skerrick of evidence."

Contrary to popular belief, the Japanese did in fact have an invasion force ready to invade Australia. Nothing came off it though because the units that they were going to use were defeated by Australian Forces in New Guinea.

Mr. Sato indicated that there was a Japanese Invasion Force of many troop transports and warships heading south from Japan to make a beach landing half way between Townsville and Brisbane. Mr. Sato claimed that the air raids on Darwin, which had started on 19 February 1942, were "a feint to destroy shipping and planes".

Mr Sato, who could speak fluent English, visited Australia in mid March 1935 with the Osaka Mainichi sponsored Goodwill Mission. The Mainichi was a world leading newspaper. His association with the Mainichi gave him access to many locations. The Mission included Dr. Abe, Kenichi and 10 Japanese business men. The Mission itself remained in Australia for about 1 1/2 months, but Sato remained for 5 months for the purpose of gathering material for a goodwill Trade Relation booklet entitled "Japan, Australia and New Zealand" published by the Osaka Mainichi in 1936 in both an English and Japanese edition.

The article claimed that after the outbreak of the "China Incident", Mr. Sato was seconded to the Japanese Army with the honorary rank of Lieutenant-General and that he was responsible for the apprehension of many British and American foreign nationals at Nanking and Hankow.

Mr. Sato indicated that the Japanese Navy was responsible for the implementation of plans to invade and occupy Australia. He indicated that he was always at the nerve centre of the Japanese Navy.

The article indicated that Mr Sato had stated that the Japanese had realised that it would have been too difficult to move a large force south from Darwin and had then decided to attack the Queensland coast midway between Townsville and Brisbane. He indicated that communications were good and the population was sparse in that area of Queensland.

The city of Brisbane was reportedly the first objective of this so-called Invasion Plan of Australia. It was believed that Brisbane could be taken quite readily with a minimum of cost and resistance.

Sydney was the next objective and was to be attacked by land and amphibious forces. They then planned to move on to Melbourne, but by this time, they anticipated that Australia would have surrendered.
Mr Sato claimed that moral in Australia was low at that time, and that Australian complaints about Britain deserting Australia was evidence of this fact.

According to Mr. Sato, things changed when orders were issued for the Japanese forces to take Milne Bay and Port Moresby. The Japanese were not willing to risk another operation in Australian while their supply lines were in peril. Again, according to Mr. Sato, the Japanese campaign in New Guinea used up all the forces originally intended for the invasion of Australia. Mr. Sato indicated that the Japanese had initially thought the Australian forces would be a pushover in New Guinea. This they abruptly found not to be the case. Despite this underestimation of the Australians fighting ability, Mr Sato indicated that the Japanese believed that Australia could be persuaded to become neutral. The Japanese propaganda machine turned itself to achieving this goal.

The article stated that Mr. Sato had a "pile of information about Australia feet high." He indicated that the information had been obtained by:-

monitoring Australian broadcasts
espionage
intelligence
and at the notorious Ofuna POW Camp

Following the publication of this article on 1 January 1946, Mr. J.B. Chifley, the Prime Minister of Australia wrote to General Douglas MacArthur, the Supreme Commander for the Allied Powers in Japan on 21 January 1946. MacArthur immediately ordered an investigation by his military intelligence group.

Mr. Sato was interrogated by US military intelligence
in the presence of Major R. L. Hughes of the Australian Service Mission. They wrote a report dated 2 March 1946 detailing their interrogation of Ken Sato. General Douglas MacArthur, then wrote to Mr. Chifley on 5 March 1946, attaching a copy of the report by the interrogation officer, which contained the results of the interrogation of Mr. Ken Sato and listed the Australians with whom Sato claimed acquaintance.

Sato indicated that the newspaper had misquoted him.

www.ozatwar.com...

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I would also like to add, I don't mind the Chinese as trading partners, but they are buying up farmland and mineral sites at a phenomenal rate here, if they are allowed to do so, then we as a country will be working for an offshore business, for crapola wages.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Yes, that would make sense. I had a feeling the Wiki article I was quoting wasn't giving the full story. That and I have heard the invasion scenario from not only my father but also many of his friends, most of whom served in the Navy with him.

Funny how your link gives evidence that Aussies looked after themselves eh! We stopped an invasion by kicking their asses in PNG all by our lonesome.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Australia and America will always be allies. Some may not want it, but its the truth. The same with Great Britain.

Mate, if America were just another nation without superpower aspirations and a tendency to bully other countries into deals that mainly give advantage to the US - as well as not warmongering with half the planet, methinks you would find that we would be quite happy to be allies with America.

Nobody likes a bully.

If I was Australian, I would be worried that my natural resources are being SOLD to the highest bidder. I would also take better care of the aborigines, and NOT do what America has done to its native cultures. MHO

We won't run out of natural resources anytime soon mate, there's more than plenty here to go around. Funnily enough, selling these resources to the highest bidder staved off the worst of the GFC to Australia - we hardly felt the effects while much of the rest of the world was suffering.

And the Aboriginals? We said SORRY and we mark this with an annual National Day of Healing.

So, Americas a bully. I am glad its a predominately few, that view America like this, as the average American views Australia, as its Ally.

Second, Every country on this Planet, needs its Natural resources to survive. Staving off the wolves, for a day, doesn't make your country any smarter, selling its resources, to the highest bidder. The Wolves are still there.
Not only that, the World is tied into each other. When one "bully" goes, another takes its place.....Hope your Country is prepared.

Third, ONE day of prayer? I mean really my friend. You have got to have something better then ONE day. Your country wont even let an Aborigine wear his own colors, out of pride, in the Olympics, without reprimanding him......

Yes, One day......
edit on 1-8-2012 by sonnny1 because: spelling

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   

So, Americas a bully. I am glad its a predominately few, that view America like this, as the average American views Australia, as its Ally.

A few? Mate I can walk up the road asking every Aussie I meet about this and can guarantee you the answer will be somewhere along the lines of America being a bully. How do I know this? I'm Aussie and I live here and I speak to Aussies every day of my life.

Second, Every country on this Planet, needs its Natural resources to survive. Staving off the wolves, for a day, doesn't make your country any smarter, selling its resources, to the highest bidder. The Wolves are still there.
Not only that, the Worlds is tied into each other. When one "bully" goes, another takes its place.....Hope your Country is prepared.

Yep. Moreso prepared than much of the rest of the world it seems. Who was the only country to not feel the effects of the Global Financial Crisis again?

Third, ONE day of prayer? I mean really my friend. You have got to have something better then ONE day. Your country wont even let an Aborigine wear his own colors, out of pride, in the Olympics, without reprimanding him......

Yes, One day......

Annual. You do know what the meaning of the word 'annual' is don't you?

By your logic Independence Day is also hogwash because you only celebrate it one day a year.

Oh and the Aboriginal flag incident was primarily International Olympic Committee rules pertaining to political statements at the Olympics - along with Australian rules that do not allow any uniform except the official one. Blame them, not us - and please, for the love of God, do your research before making baseless claims like this.

www.dailytelegraph.com.au...< br />

He did it for his people, but officials are warning Australian boxer Damien Hooper not to repeat his entry to the Olympic ring with the Aboriginal flag proudly emblazoned across his chest.

Hooper, an Indigenous Australian from northern Queensland, marked his Games debut by wearing a black T-shirt bearing the Aboriginal flag as he arrived for his impressive opening fight win against American Marcus Browne.

[color=gold]It went against Australian team rules, which state athletes must only wear the official team uniform.

But it's the fear of further sanctions from the International Olympic Committee, which frowns upon political statements, that prompted Australian Olympic team officials to halt the practice ahead of his second round fight against Russian Egor Mekhontcev.

"We will talk to Damien and counsel him against doing it again," Australian team media director Mike Tancred said.

"He intends to apologise to (Australian team chef de mission) Nick Green for his actions but [color=gold]there is the potential for the IOC to look at this incident as a possible breach of the Olympic Charter and they could take action."

edit on 1/8/2012 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   

That's it. We're F#cked

Yankee go Home!

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   

A few? Mate I can walk up the road asking every Aussie I meet about this and can guarantee you the answer will be somewhere along the lines of America being a bully. How do I know this? I'm Aussie and I live here and I speak to Aussies every day of my life.

Funny, as multicultural as I am, I have family in Australia too. They are farmers. Not once, on their visits have I heard them TRASH America.

Yep. Moreso prepared than much of the rest of the world it seems. Who was the only country to not feel the effects of the Global Financial Crisis again?

Economic jitters continued to reverberate around the world yesterday with Australia not immune to the pain being felt globally. The Australian dollar sank to its lowest point against the US dollar in almost eight months, hitting 96.34 US cents at the end of five weeks of straight losses against the greenback.

Australia feels pinch of global crisis

Come again?

Annual. You do know what the meaning of the word 'annual' is don't you?

By your logic Independence Day is also hogwash because you only celebrate it one day a year.

Oh and the Aboriginal flag incident was primarily International Olympic Committee rules pertaining to political statements at the Olympics - along with Australian rules that do not allow any uniform except the official one. Blame them, not us - and please, for the love of God, do you research before making baseless claims like this.

What I am saying is YOUR COUNTRY hasn't done enough for its aboriginal peoples, and is going down the path America has taken. If he wanted to wear his colors, regardless, he should. America has went down this road also. Its standing up for your rights, and freedoms. BTW, it was HIS peoples country, long before it was yours. That's a respect thing.

BTW, its been done before,and damn the rules..............

I am sorry, if I derailed your thread in any way. Please continue demonizing America.

Peace

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

As I have said...I have both been to Australia and like the people as well as WORRY ABOUT AUSTRALIA! I know that they will make the right decision eventually but even though I am OLDER NOW and regardless of the Extreme Physical Conditioning I am in as well as being Highly Trained and I am Capable on a level that most people don't even understand from watching movies as a MOVIE is NOT REAL LIFE....and if I have to be brought in..it is because everything else has been tried and I HUFF AND PUFF as young TWENTY SOMETHINGS REALLY MOVE AS IF THEY WERE FLYING OVER DIFFICULT TERRAIN!

I realize now that no matter how strong I am or how hard I Run and do Aerobic as well as Anaerobic Exercise...I am getting too OLD and NEED to Train a Replacement. They look to me...my MUCH younger Team Mates to KEEP THEM ALIVE and the two times I didn't go...I was MISERABLE and worried the whole 11 Days so now I just go...but I do not have to but when you look into the eyes of a 24 or 25 Year Old Kid....and they ask me..."ARE YOU GOING?"....I know they ask because I am the best chance for everyone to come out alive. The two times I didn't go...I was greeted back with Bear Hugs and CIGARS and an over all sense of relief as I have seen one of the LUG NUTS they were with and this guy was of a Mentality...YO! Lets GET SUM! For what I do...this is a NIGHTMARE SCENARIO FOR these KIDS and I have had a few of their Young Wives BEG ME not to let them go alone.

My Job is to convert certain Factions via a PAYOFF TO DO SPECIFIC ACTS. This is Big Picture actions and I have been shot...ON ONE OCCASION but several times in the chest. I screwed up and put everyone at risk and if I had not been wearing the Best Light Weight Armour which is NOT STANDARD ISSUE...but even though I had Ballistic Penetration at Close Range...I would be dead and I used the body part of one of my GUY's to ask for my rifle as I fell on my side...balance my rifle and END THAT THREAT once and for all! But I screwed up and if a group of people over there are smiling too much...a Bomb is about to go off or an ambush...still my team took everyone out and got me back where at this point the PAIN starts to kick in. At first it's all ADRENALINE but a few minutes later...PAIN...my only solace is no one else on my team paid for my mistake.

China is not really even on our RADAR as the Chinese are practical. The continued Lobbyist build up of China being a threat is driven by Companies such as Electric Boat or various other U.S. Navy Ship Building Corps. are going to become obsolete once the FEL as well as BEM never mind the right now very accurate...to within INCHES....SM-3 ABM as well as it's ability to shoot down Satellites...has many a Big Defense Contractor WORRIED that their ORDER will be cancelled.

Rest Assured...what happened in Tiananmen Square...will happen again...and you should be ashamed to want to associate with China...a country that rounded up thousands or in fact...Tens of Thousands of KIDS...MURDERED THEM and buried all the bodies in MASS GRAVES that are hidden to this day!

That SICKENS ME! Split Infinity

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Funny, as multicultural as I am, I have family in Australia too. They are farmers. Not once, on their visits have I heard them TRASH America.

Trash America? So criticism is trashing? At least I know where you stand on the whole American ignorance issue now.

Economic jitters continued to reverberate around the world yesterday with Australia not immune to the pain being felt globally. The Australian dollar sank to its lowest point against the US dollar in almost eight months, hitting 96.34 US cents at the end of five weeks of straight losses against the greenback.

Come again?

You'll note that I was referring to AT THE TIME, not 4 years after the event.

What I am saying is YOUR COUNTRY hasn't done enough for its aboriginal peoples, and is going down the path America has taken.

I know we haven't done enough, but at least we have made a start. I don't see America apologising to it's natives or setting aside an annual day in remembrance of their suffering.

If he wanted to wear his colors, regardless, he should. America has went down this road also. Its standing up for your rights, and freedoms. BTW, it was HIS peoples country, long before it was yours. That's a respect thing.

Mate, he would have been sent home if he didn't follow the rules. Losing an Olympic dream just because you can't wear a shirt? It's bloody ridiculous yes, but that's the rules of the IOC not us. What part of this are you not understanding?

I am sorry, if I derailed your thread in any way. Please continue demonizing America.

Yep, there it is. The "Anti-American" comments I was expecting, just like clockwork.

Sorry if you can't handle criticism, but that's not my problem. Go have a cry to someone else. I could care less if I offend your sense of 'patriotism'.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   

That post made little to no sense, all I got from it was "America is the Greatest RAH RAH RAH!!!".

I don't care.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   

That post made little to no sense, all I got from it was "America is the Greatest RAH RAH RAH!!!".

I don't care.

Is it weird that I understood his post?

I starred it too.
edit on 1/8/2012 by AlanQaida because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by AlanQaida

I just haven't got time to wade through propaganda and nonsense. I read the post, yes, and by reading between the lines it's just more American arm-flexing.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Whether america is there or not, Australia is already in the firing line silly.....its because Australia is part of the western cabal.....you didn't know that? All you guys did was transfer from a small island to a big one and you brought the english bankers with you.

That being said is it any real surprise? I mean can Australia take on China alone? Have you seen what they are doing in the south China sea? If America wasn't there to counter their BS it would be 10 times worse.

The reality of it is....love america or hate it...either way....america is the only thing keeping the commies in check. The UN doesnt mean crap, nor are they on the same scale of response.

The worst thing coming from this is that US Sailors will now have Australian wives....which become American citizens. Its a nice change considering they did that in Asia for so many years. Ah I do miss the port of call.

If you think China is going to be all touchy feely with Aussie land when WW III hits your sadly mistaken. they have the communist handbook and their playing it out to a tee.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

That maybe your point of view
and you're entitled to that. I don't overly disagree with you on the U.S government, but where i differ is with the sympathy I have for the boots on the ground, I've seen loads of YouTube videos of soldiers goin crazy and enjoying it, but I've also seen videos not on YouTube of soldiers helping, being physically sick, ever seen a unit of grown men sitting down weeping because a village of children and women were shot to pieces because they were too late?
It's sad, seeing men second guess them selves over something they had no control over is gut wrenching.
But still people only see the YouTube videos of cowboys and believe that's all that happens.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by AlanQaida

It's got nothing to do with the American people or soldiers (except for the over-the-top flag waving), in fact I made a point in this thread earlier to say that if America (Note: the powers in charge) ceased it's warmongering and bullying of the world then the world would have no problem being allies and friends with them.

Amazingly, actually not really, some people have skipped right over this point in their zeal to label me as some sort of America-hater. This comes as absolutely no surprise to me, I even pointed out earlier in the thread that somebody was going to inevitably take me the wrong way and get all offended at my perceived "Anti-Americanism".

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Trash America? So criticism is trashing? At least I know where you stand on the whole American ignorance issue now.

Come again?

You'll note that I was referring to AT THE TIME, not 4 years after the event.

What I am saying is YOUR COUNTRY hasn't done enough for its aboriginal peoples, and is going down the path America has taken.

I know we haven't done enough, but at least we have made a start. I don't see America apologising to it's natives or setting aside an annual day in remembrance of their suffering.

If he wanted to wear his colors, regardless, he should. America has went down this road also. Its standing up for your rights, and freedoms. BTW, it was HIS peoples country, long before it was yours. That's a respect thing.

Mate, he would have been sent home if he didn't follow the rules. Losing an Olympic dream just because you can't wear a shirt? It's bloody ridiculous yes, but that's the rules of the IOC not us. What part of this are you not understanding?

Yep, there it is. The "Anti-American" comments I was expecting, just like clockwork.

Sorry if you can't handle criticism, but that's not my problem. Go have a cry to someone else. I could care less if I offend your sense of 'patriotism'.

First, You did trash America. We are all "bullys" here, even after I told you the majority of Americans feel as your fellow countrymen. You cant believe 87% of Australians are in favor of the alliance. "This world has gone mad. Completely mad." your words, not mine...............

Second, I was VERY clear that Australia, is heading down the wrong road, when it comes to its Natives. Just LIKE America did, and has. But you overlooked it, out of emotional finger pointing.

Third, maybe you have to understand what "rights" are, what "freedoms" are. Did you see the picture? Do you know what that's from? Do you understand, those are struggles that are daily? they have to be fought on the biggest stages?

The Black Power salute at the 1968 Olympics was a protest made by the African American athletes Tommie Smith and John Carlos; the athletes made the raised fist gesture at the Olympic Stadium in Mexico City. The Australian competitor, Peter Norman, who was neither black nor American, also wore a human rights badge on his shirt during the ceremony to show his support to the two Americans. The event was one of the most overtly political statements[1] in the history of the modern Olympic Games. Tommie Smith stated in his autobiography, Silent Gesture, that the gesture was not a "Black Power" salute, but in fact a "human rights salute".

1968 Olympics Black Power salute

Like I said, damn the rules.

And by no means did you offend me. I now know how the other 13% in your country truly feel, about America. I learned something.

You have the last word, my friend. I still consider you a good poster, regardless on how you feel towards my country.

edit on 1-8-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join