It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US bid for multi-billion dollar nuclear aircraft carrier strike group in Perth

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by NullVoid
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

USA have to wake up, military might is obsolete long time ago.
Using military power might work for ME due to the their totalitarian leaders and fanatical/emotional people, for SEA leaders, I think they look more towards money making.

I wonder what China have in store for SEA since USA shown their intention already.

I wouldn't go quite that far. I'm no Dove when it comes to U.S. National Security and we need the military power and ability to defend our nation to the point of simply destroying who might attack America itself. No regime changes...just destruction of.

It's this whole idea of what constitutes America to defend. I don't consider it to include every economic resource and trade route on Earth. That is where I could scream in seeing how this is all going. I consider war worthy defense to be around 200 miles out from our shores or the lines of U.S. protectorates, territories and the same distance for the closest allies. Thats it. Nothing else worth killing or dying for. Period.

.......I don't see the threat to the territorial integrity of Australia so the sheer list of stories I saw in googling this one was eye opening.... What is going on down there... Poking the dragon will get us burned...and Australia at this rate.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

You know I can't even get angry with you because I keep visualizing this Aussie Female Bartender throwing your ASS out of Her Bar as she did with me one night...actually...it was Light Out! LOL!

The difference between us is...I LET HER THROW ME OUT! And for doing that...I was rewarded with a very nice Breakfast that she cooked for me.

Here is a little known fact that you can look up so as to be able to see I am not B.Sing! Australia...although the Aussie Government will not disclose it...is home to HUNDREDS OF SECRET U.S. BASES. It has been like this since before WWII and as I pointed out on another Topic...YOUR GOVERNMENT...and they did the right thing...asked for U.S. Navy ABM protection as the North Koreans planned and are planning more...what they call an ICBM test flight with a Dummy Warhead targeted to land in the Ocean between AussieVille and Papua New Guinea. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THESE massive Heavy Metal Monster ICBM's that the North has launched has flown WAY off course and even if one of these should accidentally hit a Australian City...the Kinetic Force that it obtains from reaching Low Orbit then falling to Earth could take out several CITY BLOCKS and KILL THOUSANDS OF AUSTRALIANS!

Your Government asked us to shoot it down if it showed signs that it would be headed toward Aussie Mainland and the U.S. agreed to protect you. The U.S. Navy has Carrier Groups that carry the New Designed SM-3 ABM and Satellite Killer that is very accurate as well as the U.S. Military currently installing the FREE ELECTRON LASER on every U.S. Carrier as well as Aegis Cruiser which will also have it's own Nuclear power Source to power this LASER. There are currently TWO Nuclear Powered FEL's of which one is based in Alaska and another Based in Canada...there are also a few operational prototypes battle ready at sea. Once the entire FEL system is installed as well as the MEB System...Microwave Emitting Beam...in conjunction with the THOUSANDS of Modified SM-3's that are already deployed...the United States will have a Fully Operational ABM as well as Direct Energy Beaming System of two types that will make Nuclear Weapons OBSOLETE!

This is not SCI-FI...google Free Electron Laser and you will see wy China has decided to SCRAP it's planned Large Navy. Split Infinity

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

RULE NUMBER ONE...Never loan money to someone you cannot force collection upon.

You are talking FANTASY! Split Infinity

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   

at least some are in a different sort of storm

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
reply to post by Kryties

You are talking FANTASY! Split Infinity

RULE NUMBER TWO...Never provide a potential enemy and an opposing superpower military blueprints so they can construct the weapons for you and screw you over.

edit on 1-8-2012 by daaskapital because: sp

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   

reply to post by Kryties

You know I can't even get angry with you because I keep visualizing this Aussie Female Bartender throwing your ASS out of Her Bar as she did with me one night...actually...it was Light Out! LOL!

Keep up the arrogance mate, it's only shining a spotlight on my points about it.

Here is a little known fact that you can look up so as to be able to see I am not B.Sing! Australia...although the Aussie Government will not disclose it...is home to HUNDREDS OF SECRET U.S. BASES.

So how do you know this if nobody has disclosed it? Would you be making things up by any chance? Methinks you are.

It has been like this since before WWII and as I pointed out on another Topic...YOUR GOVERNMENT...and they did the right thing...asked for U.S. Navy ABM protection as the North Koreans planned and are planning more...what they call an ICBM test flight with a Dummy Warhead targeted to land in the Ocean between AussieVille and Papua New Guinea. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THESE massive Heavy Metal Monster ICBM's that the North has launched has flown WAY off course and even if one of these should accidentally hit a Australian City...the Kinetic Force that it obtains from reaching Low Orbit then falling to Earth could take out several CITY BLOCKS and KILL THOUSANDS OF AUSTRALIANS!

Your Government asked us to shoot it down if it showed signs that it would be headed toward Aussie Mainland and the U.S. agreed to protect you. The U.S. Navy has Carrier Groups that carry the New Designed SM-3 ABM and Satellite Killer that is very accurate as well as the U.S. Military currently installing the FREE ELECTRON LASER on every U.S. Carrier as well as Aegis Cruiser which will also have it's own Nuclear power Source to power this LASER. There are currently TWO Nuclear Powered FEL's of which one is based in Alaska and another Based in Canada...there are also a few operational prototypes battle ready at sea. Once the entire FEL system is installed as well as the MEB System...Microwave Emitting Beam...in conjunction with the THOUSANDS of Modified SM-3's that are already deployed...the United States will have a Fully Operational ABM as well as Direct Energy Beaming System of two types that will make Nuclear Weapons OBSOLETE!

That was two paragraphs of American arm-flexing and "Look at me, Look at meeeeeee......I'm so tough!" type of talk. Please back up all these assertions with EVIDENCE or be consigned to being labelled a propaganda shill.

The facts are really simple. Australia does not need or want the Americans help, nor do we want a target painted on our backs because you guys want to put large carrier groups next to our major cities.

I don't care if this offends your idea that "America is the Greatest - how DARE anybody question us" attitude - someone needs to stand up to the bullies and I for one am willing to do so.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   

reply to post by Kryties

You are talking FANTASY!

Yet that is exactly what you have done

Fantasy? I call it reality - you may need to seek help for your 'affliction'.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

I have made up NOTHING. Anyone here can easily look this up but it seems some of you refuse to at least do your homework!

I think the VAST MAJORITY of Aussies...as I have been there several times...are not as short sighted as you. If you want to becomes Chinese Slaves they go right ahead. We will still SAVE YOUR ASSES...even though you cannot do it yourselves. Split Infinity

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
i see plenty of chevs and harleys in perth, comeon id rather us our ally than china, no question build the bases and c

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   

reply to post by Kryties

I have made up NOTHING. Anyone here can easily look this up but it seems some of you refuse to at least do your homework!

I think the VAST MAJORITY of Aussies...as I have been there several times...are not as short sighted as you. If you want to becomes Chinese Slaves they go right ahead. We will still SAVE YOUR ASSES...even though you cannot do it yourselves. Split Infinity

It's not about being Chinese slaves or not...but, the irony is...the US is China's slave considering they own most of your debt.

Back to the point. The USA will not save our arses because they won't have to. Australia has always saved itself.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

After reading your post...I can only think that you are trying to overcome a MASSIVE INFERIORITY COMPLEX!

There is no need for this...we actually Like Aussies...and if there is one thing that History has shown is that when a Country EMPLOYEES an ALL VOLUNTEER MILITARY FORCE....as is the case in the U.S. as it is TOUGH to get in to the various branches of the U.S. Military as some services demand at the very least an ASSOCIATES DEGREE...there is no group of people who are stronger in determination and will that a VOLUNTEER FORCE.

Like I said...Google...FREE ELECTRON LASER NUCLEAR POWERED....then talk to me. Split Infinity

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   

reply to post by Kryties

In most circles it is the prerogative of the person making the claims to provide the evidence to back them up. Einstein didn't just turn up one day and write E=MC2 on a blackboard then expect everyone else to find the evidence. Nor did Darwin simply claim 'Survival of the Fittest' without providing evidence to back it up.

So, provide evidence of your own or nobody believes a word you say.

I think the VAST MAJORITY of Aussies...as I have been there several times...are not as short sighted as you. If you want to becomes Chinese Slaves they go right ahead.

Really? Seriously? I live here you know, just in case that slipped your mind. I talk to Aussies every day of my life and I know for a FACT that the majority of Aussies I speak to agree with me.

Your talk of becoming "Chinese Slaves" is merely fearmongering with nothing to back it up. Not only that but you're forgetting that the world is the slave of the US right now, a change of leadership might be best for all involved (maybe not the US but that's the point isn't it?)

By all means though, keep proving American arrogance and ignorance by continuing to post nonsense.

We will still SAVE YOUR ASSES...even though you cannot do it yourselves.

Wrong, wrong, wrong. We have always saved our own asses and will continue to do so, (even whilst training your Special Forces in how to fight properly.)

Got any more arm-flexing? It's actually quite amusing to watch.

edit on 1/8/2012 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

The Chinese see Australia as a Mineral Wealth Developmental area for Growing a Blue Water Navy. Fortunately these plans have been drastically scaled down. This is mostly due to the SM-3...the FEL and the MEB.

The power of these weapon systems is on a level that has never before been encountered before and will change the face of Warfare! Split Infinity

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   

reply to post by Kryties

After reading your post...I can only think that you are trying to overcome a MASSIVE INFERIORITY COMPLEX!

So, because I disagree with your assertion that America is the Greatest and that the world needs America, that is me having a "MASSIVE INFERIORITY COMPLEX"?

Ahahahahahaha. Thanks for the laugh mate, that was awesome.

There is no need for this...we actually Like Aussies...

We Aussies actually could care less if Americans like us or not. Sorry to burst your little bubble.

and if there is one thing that History has shown is that when a Country EMPLOYEES an ALL VOLUNTEER MILITARY FORCE....as is the case in the U.S. as it is TOUGH to get in to the various branches of the U.S. Military as some services demand at the very least an ASSOCIATES DEGREE...there is no group of people who are stronger in determination and will that a VOLUNTEER FORCE.

Huh? What the hell are your talking about? Are you trying to say Australian Armed Service is involuntary? That we get conscripted or something? What planet do you live on? Have you been drinking the Kool-Aid propaganda again?

Like I said...Google...FREE ELECTRON LASER NUCLEAR POWERED....then talk to me.

How about YOU do it and post the evidence - rather than making claims then demanding people find the evidence themselves.

edit on 1/8/2012 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   

reply to post by daaskapital

The Chinese see Australia as a Mineral Wealth Developmental area for Growing a Blue Water Navy. Fortunately these plans have been drastically scaled down. This is mostly due to the SM-3...the FEL and the MEB.

Perhaps. It is why they purchase stuff off of us...

The power of these weapon systems is on a level that has never before been encountered before and will change the face of Warfare! Split Infinity

Technology isn't the be all and end all. Australia defeated Japan, a superpower of epic proportions with a minimal amount of technology.
edit on 1-8-2012 by daaskapital because: quote

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

Wrong. We can, and always have, looked after ourselves. We have even been invaded and the Japanese never got further than 50 kilometres inland because of the rainforest they landed in.

When was that??

edit on 1-8-2012 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

When was that??

Actually, that was a story my father told me, he was Navy. I have heard the rumours for most of my life but never followed them up. I just did so and it seems I stand corrected on this point....

WIKI: Proposed Japanese invasion of Australia during World War II

The only Japanese force which landed in Australia during the war was a small reconnaissance party which landed in the remote Kimberley region of Western Australia on 19 January 1944 to investigate reports that the Allies were building large bases in the region. This party consisted of four Japanese officers on board a small fishing boat and it investigated the York Sound region for a day and a night before returning to Kupang in Timor on 20 January. While the junior officer who commanded the party suggested using 200 Japanese prison inmates to launch a guerrilla campaign in Australia when he returned to Japan in February, nothing came of this and the officer was posted to other duties.[20] According to historian Peter Stanley "No historian of standing believes the Japanese had a plan to invade Australia, there is not a skerrick of evidence."

Let that be a lesson for some other people in this thread who don't back their claims up with evidence.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Second nearly everything kryties has stated. Second a change in leadership/superpower as well. The sad truth of the matter is countries and our mental gymnastics to associate ourselves is illusory. Our division is intentional and while we fight over portions of the planet the whole is suffering.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

Back to the point. The USA will not save our arses because they won't have to. Australia has always saved itself.

Hmmmm...

The Battle of Coral Sea, was a turning point, in Australia's History, and Americas......

Lets not forget history.

Australia and America will always be allies. Some may not want it, but its the truth. The same with Great Britain.

If I was Australian, I would be worried that my natural resources are being SOLD to the highest bidder. I would also take better care of the aborigines, and NOT do what America has done to its native cultures. MHO

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Well, I for one welcome out American overlords

Don't hate on the 'merican's, I have friends in the Yankee military, marine corps and and air force, And my air force friend told me a while back he was coming to Perth soo haha.

And before anyone hates on the U.S for building bases, it creates jobs, I had a brother who spent 3 months building a base for them in W.A.

And lastly, as an army friend once said to me, I prefer an American calling out coordinates over a radio and receiving them, the asians just don't have the gift of the gab and would probably end up hot dropping our own people.

:p

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join