It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US bid for multi-billion dollar nuclear aircraft carrier strike group in Perth

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
reply to post by Kryties

Quote"Drone base huh? Looks like many Aussies will be getting target practice as we shoot them out of the sky! "
Unquote
Where the bloody hell will you get the firepower having sold all yer guns to the australian goverment.....a single shot aint gonna cut the mustard.....

We could just ask Iran how to steal them no need to shoot at them, that way we fly them back up Uncle Sam's arse after having made some modifications of course.

We obviously have more to offer America than people realise, maybe it's strategic position or Antarctica or food production and minerals. Who knows but we have something that's important to them, why else would they constantly want us defenseless.

With the problems in our defensive capabilities highlighted by WW2, why haven't we been fortifying our coast lines, why did we ever sign a non proliferation act, why did we remove the missile silos?

I thought the wheels were in motion for the Cocos islands to be leased to America and the intention was for us to house half of the entire US fleet not just 1 carrier group.

edit on 1-8-2012 by WorkingClassMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by inf3cti0n

Most of the guns used in crimes in the US are from the black market. Restrictions mirroring other countries wouldn't change this
. I live less than 20 miles from the location of this tragedy, and have seen its effects on the community. The actions of one nutjob is no reason to get gun control crazy.

This thread is not about gun control, I was merely correcting a falsehood that someone else stated about Australia's gun control laws.

As for the bases in Australia, sure it adds you as a target when the next major war happens. It also means, you also have our firepower on your side. Whenever it hits the fan, who is the first country everyone looks to for aid? US.

Wrong. We can, and always have, looked after ourselves. We have even been invaded and the Japanese never got further than 50 kilometres inland because of the rainforest they landed in. (Note: We now consider the Japanese to be very good friends.....we don't hold grudges like some other countries I could speak of).

You can justify why the world needs the US all you want but it's all nonsense. We DON'T NEED OR WANT you here painting a target on our backs for crap that's YOUR PROBLEM not ours.

We have a great relationship with our Asian partners, it's not our bloody problem that the US does not.
edit on 1/8/2012 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by NullVoid

Well, Australians aren't the only ones to see this as totally insane. I see China as gearing up to be our equal in military terms for a stalemate and 100% parity to prevent war. That is their history and all that is consistent. They aren't insane and any war with the United States would leave them a small fraction of the nation they are....of course, it would us too.

I think the disturbing thing here is that China is the side I believe is well aware and planning with the losses in mind where the U.S. seems to have become so sure of itself (cough-arrogant-cough) that I sometimes don't recognize it anymore. This obsession to boxing China IS insane and just tells me Syria and Iran are simply more pawns to the prize. China, Russia or both. Crazy.... Just crazy... It isn't even nation building anymore. It's Empire building.

Empire building on I.O.U's.

edit on 1-8-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

This is how I see it:

China has rapidly risen to the point where it threatens to knock the US off it's perch as "Top Dog". The US, in all their arrogance, can't stand the thought of not being the worlds only superpower and are frantically scrambling to get a military leg-up on China before China forces a Mutually Assured Destruction stalemate. All the while, the US is spending itself into oblivion to stroke it's own ego.

Doesn't help that Americans have been subjected to 50 years of "America is the Greatest" propaganda - making them believe they have some sort of god-given right to be the world's superpower.

It's time the reins changed hands. The US had it's go and screwed it up royally.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

They already have a base there.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

Last time I checked it wasn't a nuclear carrier group with all the bells and whistles and the big red target painted on it's deck.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

WOW! Have you gone Ballistic! Except without any Missiles or any Military Power to back anything you have said. I go to Australia now and then and it makes me sad to find people such as yourself...placing walls between the U.S. and Australia. FYI...China itself has admitted that it is no match for the U.S. Military and the fact you mention it is LAUGHABLE!

Why would you...an Australian...want to fight the U.S. anyways? We ASKED for the ability to rent or use certain sites...you could say no and we would be fine with you saying no...but please don't EVER compare the U.S. to your TRUE MASTERS...the Australian Beer Companies!

HAVE ANOTHER ONE and keep DREAMING! Split Infinity

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
This just sucks the big one…..

I did not vote for this, nor was I asked if I believe it would be a good idea?

NO AMERICAN FORCES ON AUSTRALIAN SOIL!

(Did I shout that loudly enough?)

This just proves once again how far Julia’s tongue reaches down the back of Obama’s undies.

Mickierocksman

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
reply to post by Kryties

WOW! Have you gone Ballistic! Except without any Missiles or any Military Power to back anything you have said. I go to Australia now and then and it makes me sad to find people such as yourself...placing walls between the U.S. and Australia. FYI...China itself has admitted that it is no match for the U.S. Military and the fact you mention it is LAUGHABLE!

Why would you...an Australian...want to fight the U.S. anyways? We ASKED for the ability to rent or use certain sites...you could say no and we would be fine with you saying no...but please don't EVER compare the U.S. to your TRUE MASTERS...the Australian Beer Companies!

He has not gone ballistic, he is just sick of being subjected to American bull#.

The alliance between the USA and Australia is strong, but that, in no way should affect the relationship between Australia and China (even though that is exactly what the US is trying to do).

For your information, have you ever heard of bluffing? While China may come out and say they are no match, it doesn't mean that they are crap. For all you know, China could have surpassed the USA in Military standards...

No Australian (here or anywhere) has stated that they would like to fight the USA. Asked or stood over? Most likely both.

I love your pathetic attempts at stereotyping Australians

You are the one who is dreaming my friend.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

USA have to wake up, military might is obsolete long time ago.
Using military power might work for ME due to the their totalitarian leaders and fanatical/emotional people, for SEA leaders, I think they look more towards money making.

I wonder what China have in store for SEA since USA shown their intention already.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   

reply to post by Kryties

Except without any Missiles or any Military Power to back anything you have said.

What? What planet do you live on where Australia doesn't have one of the most highly trained Armed Services in the world? Our SAS guys train YOUR Special Forces for crying out loud. Are you that indoctrinated with nonsense propaganda that you can't even use Google to check these things?

I go to Australia now and then and it makes me sad to find people such as yourself...placing walls between the U.S. and Australia.

Again, what? The US is the one putting up walls and screwing the world over royally and you get antsy that us Aussies are sick of that nonsense? My god man, that's American arrogance at it's finest and proves every point I have made in this thread about that.

FYI...China itself has admitted that it is no match for the U.S. Military and the fact you mention it is LAUGHABLE!

No, what's laughable is that you are getting all miffed at my assertion that the US is no longer needed or wanted as worlds superpower and should stop spending itself into oblivion just to try to maintain that. What's also laughable is that you provide no evidence to back up your claim that China 'admitted that it is no match for the US'.

Nice, there's that American arrogance again. When the going gets tough pick on the smaller nations and their cultures to make yourselves feel like big tough men.

At least our beer is decent, not the pigs piss you guys drink over there.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   

reply to post by Kryties

All America is…. is a war machine, with no other exports besides weapons, war, death and destruction.

Sure, the US may be the biggest military might in the world…. But it’s not much else, because it’s totally broke and not a viable financial model.

Bring on the collapse and only then will the world have a chance to grow and have peace without your warmongering ‘terrorist’ ranting’s.

Mickierocksman

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

China has no options for dealing with either the U.S. Military or the FACT that any Chinese attack would result in the U.S. stopping payments on Chinese Loans as well as no longer importing Chinese Goods.

China's economy would collapse in less that a week. China is no match for U.S. Military Forces. Not even close!
I live in reality and so do the Chinese...they have no ability of FORCE PROJECTION and without this...a Billion Plus people mean nothing if you cannot move them to a fight. China has done the responsible thing and become a closer trading partner with the U.S. as well as Helped get North Korea under constraint and if you notice the Chinese almost NEVER even talk about Taiwan anymore. Why is that...because the U.S. Navy would never allow them to invade and any Chinese Troop Carrier ships would be at the bottom of the Sea. Split Infinity

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   

China has no options for dealing with either the U.S. Military or the FACT that any Chinese attack would result in the U.S. stopping payments on Chinese Loans as well as no longer importing Chinese Goods.

How much of your debt does China own?

Checkmate.

China's economy would collapse in less that a week. China is no match for U.S. Military Forces. Not even close!

Is that your 'expert' opinion, or one borne out of dislike for people who dare to speak ill of your beloved country?

Again, you also fail to provide evidence to back up your assertion so I'm going with hatred of people speaking ill of the US.

I live in reality

With every post you make I am finding that harder and harder to believe.

and so do the Chinese...they have no ability of FORCE PROJECTION and without this...a Billion Plus people mean nothing if you cannot move them to a fight. China has done the responsible thing and become a closer trading partner with the U.S. as well as Helped get North Korea under constraint and if you notice the Chinese almost NEVER even talk about Taiwan anymore. Why is that...because the U.S. Navy would never allow them to invade and any Chinese Troop Carrier ships would be at the bottom of the Sea. Split Infinity

Actually, I think the Chinese are playing a really crafty game where they get the US to believe they are defensless and have no way of defending against the US - which the US in all their arrogance believes wholeheartedly......all the while China is amassing a military worthy of galactic renown.

It's straight out of Sun-Tzu's Art of War - something I would recommend you read once you figure out how to.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   

How do you know that? You don't! Sure, the US will stop payments, but that will be self destructive for them to do so, considering they are unable to create jobs and other materials. They are even letting China construct their military weapons (which China is taking advantage off).

No it wouldn't. China is one of the world's major exporters, meaning that they would still get revenue from selling items to Australia and every other country on the planet. Not everything revolves around the USA.

Again, you do not know what China has. All Americans are still stuck in a Cold War mentality where they believe that Russia and China are inferior...

I live in reality and so do the Chinese...they have no ability of FORCE PROJECTION and without this...a Billion Plus people mean nothing if you cannot move them to a fight. China has done the responsible thing and become a closer trading partner with the U.S. as well as Helped get North Korea under constraint and if you notice the Chinese almost NEVER even talk about Taiwan anymore. Why is that...because the U.S. Navy would never allow them to invade and any Chinese Troop Carrier ships would be at the bottom of the Sea. Split Infinity

Keep spewing the arrogance. If the # were to hit the fan, the USA would have one hell of a wake up call.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
The US carrier groups pull into Perth all the time anyway, so might as well have a base there. With any luck that'll mean some contractor jobs as well.

I for one, look forward to some good Aussie beer!

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
The only reasons to put a Carrier Group in Perth is to control the Trade Route between Africa and China. That is the only reasonable purpose. Perth is very remote from China and very remote from the Middle East. Unless you are expecting trouble from India.

Of course one other scenario needs to be considered. If, say, Yellowstone blew up, the Northern Hemisphere would be fully involved in a Volcanic Winter. Now ask yourself this question. How many Battle Groups are based in the Southern Hemisphere?

Interesting answer isn't it.

P

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by bg_socalif

Station your giant target somewhere else please.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

reply to post by Kryties

Except without any Missiles or any Military Power to back anything you have said.

What? What planet do you live on where Australia doesn't have one of the most highly trained Armed Services in the world? Our SAS guys train YOUR Special Forces for crying out loud. Are you that indoctrinated with nonsense propaganda that you can't even use Google to check these things?

I go to Australia now and then and it makes me sad to find people such as yourself...placing walls between the U.S. and Australia.

Again, what? The US is the one putting up walls and screwing the world over royally and you get antsy that us Aussies are sick of that nonsense? My god man, that's American arrogance at it's finest and proves every point I have made in this thread about that.

FYI...China itself has admitted that it is no match for the U.S. Military and the fact you mention it is LAUGHABLE!

No, what's laughable is that you are getting all miffed at my assertion that the US is no longer needed or wanted as worlds superpower and should stop spending itself into oblivion just to try to maintain that. What's also laughable is that you provide no evidence to back up your claim that China 'admitted that it is no match for the US'.

Nice, there's that American arrogance again. When the going gets tough pick on the smaller nations and their cultures to make yourselves feel like big tough men.

At least our beer is decent, not the pigs piss you guys drink over there.

This guy gets it, well done sir

Also, I think we don't get a choice, remember last time someone from our government had a spine and asked about what the US were up too on our land, regarding Pine Gap. How did that turn out for him? Secondly, spit balling here - mining boom - cheap repairs and all that jazz when you are getting it from the source and not having to buy it off us and transporting it home which would be more cash for us, hmm

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

US bid for multi-billion dollar nuclear aircraft carrier strike group in Perth

ww w.smh.com.au

A US military report, to be formally released tomorrow, contains a recommendation to massively expand America's defence presence in Australia by building a base in Perth for a US aircraft carrier and supporting fleet.

The plan is included as part of one of four options set out in a report by the Centre for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS), commissioned by the Department of Defence.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 31/7/2012 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

I think they forgot to add "compliant government' to the list of advantages Perth has for this strike force.

I thought this would happen once I heard they were going to a millit tree base in Darwin.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join