It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. can't prevent an attack on Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

U.S. Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta arrived in Israel last night for a brief visit that will focus on the American-Israeli dispute over whether to attack Iran's nuclear facilities. Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Defense Minister Ehud Barak plan to stress that Israel reserves the right to defend itself, and to make its own decision on whether to attack.

Another major topic of discussion will be efforts to prevent Syria's chemical weapons from reaching Lebanon.

A senior government official told Haaretz that even if Jerusalem attacks Iran over Washington's objections, he doesn't think the United States will turn its back on Israel. Israel, he added, must retain sole responsibility for its security.

Panetta's visit comes against the backdrop of a rash of media reports about the possibility of an Israeli strike. In a series of interviews with Israeli television stations on Tuesday, Netanyahu said, "Iran wants to annihilate us. I won't let that happen."

U.S. can't stop Israeli attack on Iran

This just goes to show how much Israel is relying on the fact that the U.S. will undoubtedly help Israel once they decide to attack Iran. As a lot of us have been saying, it is only a matter of time now. I think that Israel is waiting until after the U.S. elections to be done. I don't think they care who wins, but are probably doing so only at the request of the Obama administration, so he can have a better stance on the attacks during campaigning.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
They can, but don't want to.
And when I say they I mean the puppet masters not the 'US' as such.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by HumanCondition

All this is just TALK as current U.S. policy in dealing with IRANIAN LUNACY is...wait for Iran's own 94% Pro-Democracy Population of which the total Population of Iran is 70% under the age of 30 years old...to take over their OLD GUARD GOVERNMENT. This will happen within 11 to 12 months.

There is NO WAY that the U.S. will allow Israel to bomb Iranian Nuclear Sites as they need to be properly dismantled. Bombing them would only make the Middle East Poisoned with Radioactive Dust and this includes ISRAEL.

IRAN is ZERO threat to the U.S. and will shortly be a U.S. Ally. Split Infinity

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
They will attack Iran, but only after the world gets sucked into Iran attacking first, Chemical weapons, nukes are all buzz words and of course the west will always come to the aid of the victim.

When you own the media and you put on a news hour that resembles a tabloid editorial and people still believe it is real, you can do what you want.

the majority of the good people here on ATS know that the main stream media as just fluff, we read the reports and see the corruption and point out to our families and friends, "look they are lying and here is the proof" we get ignored and shunned because people do not want to see or hear the truth because it is hard.

There will be an attack and it is just a matter of time, I just hope it is before my children are old enough to fight or to old to fight, chances are I will be wrong on both counts.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Right just like in Libya and Syria? Where it has become evident that its US backed terrorists overthrowing the governments and not the people?

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by HumanCondition

Ah...YES...those Good and Decent Dictatorships for Life! I fell for them...NOT!
Split Infinity

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   
The US may not be able to stop an attack on Iran but we surely can stop all aid to a country that would attack them.
A nation of cowards would be less likely to bully someone if they knew they had nobody to fight their battles back them up.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

I met two Iranian musicians today. They were the most beautiful women I have seen in a long time. So well mannered and polite. I couldn't help but think how worthless a world like ours is, as we would try and attack a country where nice people like that come from.

We deserve what we get.

Go get them. Karma is a bitch. Like the world is just replete with ancient and wise cultures. Erase them go ahead.

we got plenty with our culture. It doesn't need to learn anything from anyone.

We do deserve what is comming. Enjoy.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by SUICIDEHK45

Netanyahu said, "Iran wants to annihilate us. I won't let that happen."

If you attack Iran, yes you will....

2nd

new topics

top topics

join