It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Interesting Olympics Doping Conspiracy (Hypothetical...?)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
So as some of you have been watching, there is talk about about the Chinese Women's Swimming phenomenon Ye Shiwen. She is 15 years old, and is swimming faster than the American male competitors in her sport. China has had doping controversy in the past, but I have a new theory on the future and very possible present of doping...

My Hypothesis, It is known that in the year 1996 Dolly The Sheep was cloned. Stem cell research has been at least around slightly longer than that but nearly universally condemned until the last 5-10 years, InVitro fertilization since 1978. The way to avoid testing positive for performance enhancing drugs, is to grow your own Olympians. It is time folks, the super-soldier has been in the minds of science-fiction writers for years, but the technology has been achievable since the early 1990's if not frowned upon publicly. China I suspect has just as much access to western medicine in sciences as the rest of the world, with a lot less oversight standards. Life is cheap there, but an Olympian from stem-cell genetic engineering, in the womb, or just from the ground up building a designer child in the year 1996 to compete in the 2012 Olympics could be real.

Any country could pull it off and no-one would know. Michael Phelps just pulled 19 gold medals off in 8 years, and he is the most decorated American Olympian since 1948. Discuss...

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by matthewgraybeal

American competitors of the Olympics have also been caught out for doping in the past so lets not just finger point at China.

I prefer to give anyone the doubt of doping until proven otherwise; thats how it works.

Michael Phelps is over rated and no match for some of our Australian swimmers at past Olympics. I personally always liked Phelps and I expected more of him at these Olympics as I did our own swimmers.
edit on 31-7-2012 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I was really hoping that she was JUST THAT AWESOME when I heard the bit about it on the news, and today it does seem that they have cleared her. I am glad of it. I don't think she was "grown", I just think that's how they train and she has been doing this before she could walk. One little girl caused so much uproar and upset. I am over 30 and wanted to yell "You go girl!" right along with my teen daughter.

I do not doubt that there is something/someone growing in a petri dish even as I type this. Even with laws blocking it...I believe that it still occurs. I am just not sure if they would "grow" folks for the games themselves or if we are even that far ahead with it yet life span wise, health, etc.

I believe China would save that little tidbit/secret weapon for the next time they thought we got a little bit too big for our britches instead of pulling it out for a contest. As would most any other country IMO.
edit on 7/31/2012 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Not pointing fingers per say, as I said anyone could pull it off, you can't test for a banned substance if a genome is tinkered with.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I think it's entirely possible now as you say. I doubt we will ever find out though.

Athletes from probably all countries are looking for some type of edge always. The more sophisticated the country the more investment in trying to find that edge. We can see how China is growing in their sophistication as a country by watching their athletes.

Would a "person" grown genetically in a lab be barred from competition if they don't have performance enhancing drugs in their system?

I guess that would bring up a new issue in the world. How would these "lab grown" humans be classified?

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

There are new type of doping tests coming out almost every month so if this Chinese woman is guilty they will find her out eventually.

By saying that, quite often women can out sport a man physically - even in the pool.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by AP-Chris

They're allowing cloned horses in the 2016 Olympics!

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by AP-Chris

That's the part we must realize, it would not be disclosed. Medical records are private, so if a child was conceived by in-vitro or had many visits to the Dr. we would never know, nor be legally allowed to ask about. That's the best part of this hypothetical conspiracy.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Well, just to let you know it's pretty easy to Google how many Americans over the years have been caught out and no doubt more will be caught out in the future.

I personally think the Olympics have become a joke. Unless they test every single competitor, it's not worth me watching it.
edit on 31-7-2012 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

It's cool bro, I'm not all that concerned about who is doping, who has doped, or who will dope. What I am interested in is discussing the theory of undetectable genome tinkering to mimic superior athletic skills. k?

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Ye Shiwen

And here is an example of exactly what I've been talking about.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I was way ahead of this Article, They must recognize I saw this before they did (mail online, UK)

Does a dance!!! Yes folks, I am that good. I called this a full 24 hours before major international news outlets, en fing joy readers!!!

God Bless!!!

new topics

top topics

join