It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DON'T PANIC- A guide to surviving the apocolypse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Well maybe it is time to start planning. I have said this before when the time comes (It will come eventually there are lots of threats out there; Will it come in October, December, next year or in a hundred years... The only thing for sure is it will end)... What will it be a new kind of bird flu?

www.pawnation.com... d%3D186508#page=1

A Killer asteroid?

World War III beginning is Syria?

www.huffingtonpost.com...

The sun going dark, supernova, etc.

The NWO?

1. Any way always remember two words "DON'T PANIC"

2. Know who your friends are. I mean true friends not the hundreds you may have on Facebook. Who do you know who will have your back? Will you have theirs if necessary. My wife uses this term all the time "Circle of Trust". If you don't have one it is time to start building one... think about those people you most like being around as a starting point. Even if nothing happens this is always a good thing to have. Even remembering not to panic can help you through difficult times such as a job loss, foreclosure, the end of a relationship, car accident or any number of other events that may only affect you. A circle of trust will help you through pretty much anything as well.

3. An escape plan. Well even more than that. You have to set up a few rally points. If your family is separated when something happens, which is most likely because most people work in one area, the kids go to school on the other side of town, you wife works thirty minutes the other way... What if cell phones don't work. How will you get your circle of trust together? unless they drive you crazy and you want to escape without them... What about grandma, auntie and uncle Phil? don't forget about them. The first rally point you should pick will probably be your home. If they can your circle should go there. But you need to pick other points too. What if your home is leveled or is not safe. Pick other landmarks to use as safe spots. If the next spot isn't safe go to the next one. If your kids are at school and can't get home they go to the closest safe spot near the school. Everyone in your circle should know where these spots are. That way you wont have to travel all over town looking for your kid, wife or others in an emergency. They should know where to go and then you will know where to go to look for them.

Stay low, move quickly and stay hidden. Try to pick spots that people would not flock to. Don't pick churches, schools, malls, shopping centers. Pick a woodline or some bushes. Somewhere you, your kid, wife family can hide out of site and someplace other people will not naturally gravitate towards. Avoid the masses and hide. Don't worry you will know where they are hiding so you will be able to find them. If possible pick spots where all of those in your circle can hide. once you can move to your next spot. to find the rest of those missing from your circle.... again move quickly as possible. Since you know where your friends and family should be you dont have to waste time looking about. just go from one spot to the next.

edit on 31-7-2012 by crazyguy2012 because: spelling. ect...

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I'm sure there are numerous threads that are discussing issues like this already. Did you check the search function? I swear I have seen something like this before...

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Your Faith will be tested in 2012
if you panic you will lose focus and make mistakes

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

awe man. no i didnt. Oh well...

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Don't panic? Heck I'm prayin for it.....I'm ready to test all my stuff out and I got bills overdue.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by iwontrun

Yeah, it would be interesting. It would also be a unique challenge. I am not quite looking forward to it. I am sure there are a lot of things I would miss if it does happen. But I think a lot of people feel the same way. I think a lot of people are under so much stress from so many factors that simply did not exist even as little as thirty to forty years ago... It will probably be very stress relieving to go back in time a little...

Maybe that is what we need. Somtimes to go forward you need to take a few steps back.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Oh, wow, the 187th post about dooms day survival..
Yay

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by RooskiZombi

No one will pay attention to this anyway. That is why so many sheeple probably will not make it if something does happen. Hopefully it won't happen in our lifetime.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I guess I will right one more tip. Don't worry bout what anyone else does. Just worry bout yourself and your circle of trust. I guess everyone else will have to fend for themselves.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I have a few things to say.

1) You have typed "apocolopse" instead of "apocalypse". That's a huge minus in your credibitily.

2) Why would I want to -survive- The Apocalypse - getting freed from this prison-planet is one of the biggest joys of a possible apocalypse! Finally, not having to endure this completely screwed up world and the horror of living in the physical realm. The whole point of Apocalypse is that there are finally so many ways and possibilities to die, that the likelihood of getting permanently away from this wretched place is very high. To "survive" the Apocalypse would be like wanting to stay in prison although you could be freed.. pure madness! What would anyone have to look forward to, living in a post-apocalyptic world? A high-raise career in the corporate world? A nice mansion of their own in southern France? A good, healthy and joyful life? WHY would anyone want to survive the Apocalypse? Even in the movie "War Games", the professor marks: "We will be spared the horror of survival", and I completely agree. No survival for me, thank you!

3) Don't panic? If I am not allowed to panic in THE APOCALYPSE, when is appropriate, then? I mean, isn't that one of my options? Isn't that a PERFECT time to panic? What could be a better time to panic than in The Apocalypse, for crying out loud? If I am not even allowed to panic then, when am I EVER allowed to panic? Fyck that - if something like THAT happens, I think "panic" is a perfectly healthy, viable and natural option, that everyone should be free to use. Sure, a small office fire might be something not to panic over - but The Apocalypse? Are you seriously saying that it's completely wrong thing to do to panic in The Apocalypse? I would say that's the perfect time to panic! I WANT to panic in The Apocalypse (rather than survive anyway), and you can't stop me from doing so!

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Shoujikina

I don't think good spelling will be a necessity when the end comes. I do not think grammer and tpying siklls will be a reqiurmnet eihter...

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shoujikina

I have a few things to say.

1) You have typed "apocolopse" instead of "apocalypse". That's a huge minus in your credibitily.

2) Why would I want to -survive- The Apocalypse - getting freed from this prison-planet is one of the biggest joys of a possible apocalypse! Finally, not having to endure this completely screwed up world and the horror of living in the physical realm. The whole point of Apocalypse is that there are finally so many ways and possibilities to die, that the likelihood of getting permanently away from this wretched place is very high. To "survive" the Apocalypse would be like wanting to stay in prison although you could be freed.. pure madness! What would anyone have to look forward to, living in a post-apocalyptic world? A high-raise career in the corporate world? A nice mansion of their own in southern France? A good, healthy and joyful life? WHY would anyone want to survive the Apocalypse? Even in the movie "War Games", the professor marks: "We will be spared the horror of survival", and I completely agree. No survival for me, thank you!

3) Don't panic? If I am not allowed to panic in THE APOCALYPSE, when is appropriate, then? I mean, isn't that one of my options? Isn't that a PERFECT time to panic? What could be a better time to panic than in The Apocalypse, for crying out loud? If I am not even allowed to panic then, when am I EVER allowed to panic? Fyck that - if something like THAT happens, I think "panic" is a perfectly healthy, viable and natural option, that everyone should be free to use. Sure, a small office fire might be something not to panic over - but The Apocalypse? Are you seriously saying that it's completely wrong thing to do to panic in The Apocalypse? I would say that's the perfect time to panic! I WANT to panic in The Apocalypse (rather than survive anyway), and you can't stop me from doing so!

1. I guess I should have focused more time on learning to spell. Come to think of it if there is an apocalypse then my spellcheck won't work. Well pretty much if everything falls apart then I won't be able to work on my typing skills either. Which is really bade because my handwriting is also atrocious...

2. Well I am not prohibiting you from panicking... You can Panic if you want but it won't do you any good. If you are in a position where there is nothing much you can do... well then you should enjoy your last moments rather than panicking.

top topics

join