It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just Open Up Your Eyes And Look - 65 Signs That The Economic Collapse Is Already Happening

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
The Economic Collapse Blog

Do you want to know when the "economic collapse" is going to happen? Just open up your eyes and take a look. The "economic collapse" is already happening all around us. So many people talk about the coming economic collapse as if it is some massively hyped event that they will be able to point to on the calendar, and a lot of writers spend a lot of time speculating about exactly when it will happen. But as I have written about before, the economic collapse is not a single event. The economic collapse has been happening, it is happening right now, and it will be getting a lot worse. Yes, there will be moments of great crisis. We saw one of those "waves" back in 2008 and another "wave" is rapidly approaching. But all of the waves are part of a process that is continually unfolding. Over the past 40 years, the United States and Europe have piled up the greatest mountain of debt in the history of the world, and now a tremendous amount of pain is heading our way. Economic conditions in the United States and Europe have already deteriorated badly and they are going to continue to deteriorate. Nothing is going to stop what is coming.

We are living through a complete and total economic nightmare, and hopefully we can get more Americans to wake up from their entertainment-induced comas so that they can begin to understand exactly what is happening to this country.

The article then goes on to outline the 65 signs of economic collapse.

I like the writings of this author as he does a good job in consolidating a number of supporting references to build his thesis. My main disagreement here is that while he contends economic demise, punctuated by crises along the way, he doesn’t raise the possibility of a full-scale financial and economic collapse brought about by a massive global shock. Today’s weakening and deteriorating economic conditions together with increasingly impotent policies have just made the next global financial and economic shock one that will pull the rug right out of the bottom of what is standing and the entire system collapse. Where most countries did have capacity to circumvent a catastrophic collapse, they now don’t having just about exhausted whatever policy tools were available. Imagine how the fragile world economy will hold up to a Eurozone breakup for example? What are they going to do? Goodbye current system and welcome new world economic order. That’s my opinion anyway.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
S+F

Pretty much put into words exactly what i've been thinking.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
It's like a slow motion train wreck in progress, and yes, most of the idiots on board don't even notice yet.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I agree, the economy is toast.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptChaos
It's like a slow motion train wreck in progress, and yes, most of the idiots on board don't even notice yet.

So everyone that doesn't know what YOU know is an "idiot"?

Do you sit in your parent’s basement and write anonymous BS on ATS in the hopes that you will feel better about yourself?

So you got it all figured out? Welcome to ATS! You are in good company.

*SNIP* and your self righteous attitude! Who have you helped?
Talk is cheap!

edit on 31-7-2012 by tvtexan because: I Forgot an FU salute!

edit on 8-1-2012 by Springer because: Don't try to circumvent the foul language censors.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Every time I turn it on the mainstream media on TV I hear "we are at a risk of going back into a recession''

I get very mad that they are talking to me like I'm an idiot, like I believe we ever got out of it in the first place.

This is a depression, it's being hidden by manipulated numbers on a computer, that can not last much longer.

Get prepared.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I've been following that blog for a few months now. I do agree with you. It's a good site, the writers are well-informed and articulate. I like it. But I agree, you wouldn't expect a blog called "Economic Collapse" to take the incremental view of the situation, but I've found that most all the more scholarly financial "doomsayers" are like this. They see it unfolding as a gradual ratcheting down, which is what we're in right now.

I think many of them actually do see that things are likely to go into a chaotic free-fall, and I'm guessing that they don't say so for a couple of reasons

1) They don't want to look like the academic equivalent of the weirdo on the street corner crying "the apocalypse is nigh !"

2) Total collapse destroys all existing paradigms and economic models. A real game changer is a bit beyond economists' abilities to describe because they have no model for it. In the talk of the collapse, they continue to describe stocks, bonds and currencies as if those things will still exist and be following the usual dynamics.

3) Total collapse is not just an economic event, it unleashes new dynamics in the entire structure of society and world politics. Most experts are uncomfortable speculating outside their field of expertise.

It probably wouldn't take a really huge event to kick the slats out of everything right now. New plans are launched to cover up the wreckage left by the previous plan, buy time, and kick the can down the street. Over the past couple of years, these new plans have been coming along faster and the desperation is growing. Too many factors are converging right now, and each attempt to keep the machine going makes it worse.

I'm not convinced that the NWO will emerge triumphant in the end, though. Call me an optimist if you will. The power elites are far too invested in the system that's failing. A real collapse would collapse their power.

My best guess is that we're going to see a sharp return to national sovereignty.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I love economic collapse

Its a gift to see it, sure its hard, but then it show us the reality. Its the rain that cleanse the dirty mud thats covering us. Are you prepared to meet with it ?

If you drink champagne and fine dining once a week, its really monstrous for you.
If you liv of the land for whats available, economic collapse is just a wind blowing sideways.

edit on 31-7-2012 by NullVoid because: wordings

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by NullVoid

Me too, NullVoid- chaos can be liberating. It's all in what we value.

It will take a complete upheaval to uproot the corrupted power structure. Gradual collapse and minor shakeups only strengthen its hold.

I'm ready for the wind to blow sideways.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
When this system does collapse I assure you... You wont be whining about it on ats. As long as their hundreds of ats members ranting and raving about the economy failing. The system so hated is alive and well..

Its when these halls are silent..... You will be alone....

Left to your madness.. Alone.

Seen hundreds of these threads I think the corperate economy is doing just fine..

I still think its funny to an extent that so many people complain about something they helped make. Just like everyone else not knowing how it ended just how it felt or feels..

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Whoever is writing this blog is not very informed and seems to be fearmongering rather than presenting actual facts.

10. Since Barack Obama became president, the price of a gallon of gasoline has risen from $1.85 to $3.49.

The price of gasoline has NOTHING to do with our economic conditions, and the president, as much as I dislike him and his policies, is not responsible for how big oil companies conduct their business. Furthermore, the price of gas rose to around $4.00 per gallon during Bush IIRC, and is currently around $4.00 per gallon now.

I understand that the writer is trying to make a point, but it appears he is more interesting in parroting information that propels his message rather than actually trying to verify the validity of information and how it applies to the economy.

The president has very little to do with our current economic condition. If he was a dictator, sure, he could easily regulate large companies, but in our current system he is just a scapegoat and a pawn. The people who really run America are the business oligopolies (banks, big oil, big food, etc, just about every market is run by 3-6 major companies); they buy our politicians so that they may behave recklessly at our expense.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Lets not forget that the stock market dropped 4000 pts in Bush's last months of office. Not to mention $.4.50 gasoline prior to it.

"21. Back in 1950, more than 80 percent of all men in the United States had jobs. Today, less than 65 percent of all men in the United States have jobs."

Yes and in the 1950's half of the country was Union also. Now it's less then 7%.

edit on 2-8-2012 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-8-2012 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

top topics

join