It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Church of AGW: Book of Revelations

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by senselessness
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

As far as I can tell it was a religious zealot who created this topic. You are in so much denial that you have created an entire topic that does nothing but argue the semantics of a few loosely worded articles, and completely dodges the FACTS surrounding the greenhouse effect. It's like you are apart of some cult of deniers who go out of their way to dismiss proven science.

I was using scientific facts to back what I was saying... and I will do it again...

1) The greenhouse effect is a fact.
IPCC "Explains" the Greenhouse Effect

2) Increasing greenhouse gases will increase the greenhouse effect. That is a fact.

"The increased concentration of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere enhances the absorption and emission of infrared radiation." -IPCC

3) Humans are increasing greenhouse gases. That is a fact.

"We know that this increase (of CO2) is anthropogenic because the changing isotopic composition of the atmospheric CO2 betrays the fossil origin of the increase." -IPCC

IPCC Graphs of Increases in Greenhouse Gases

From this we can conclude that humans are increasing the greenhouse effect in Earth's atmosphere which enhances the absorption of infrared radiation coming from the Earth, essentially increasing heat. That is also known as Anthropogenic Global Warming.

Good day.
edit on 2-8-2012 by senselessness because: (no reason given)

If you truly want facts, See my above link. If you disregard the info provided, You are either in denial or an obvious shill.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ajay59

Your video is propaganda created by the big oil corporations so they can remain in power.

Half the talking points in that video range from completely inaccurate to insanely inaccurate.

AGW is already a proven fact. The only people left denying it are the real shills.

The only argument in that entire video is that the climate is always changing, therefore it can't be caused by humans. That is just pure lunacy.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by senselessness

Give your evidence that the video is inaccurate!THE lead scientist hired by the UN, that's right, UNITED NATIONS had to sue them to have his name removed from the report after they changed his findings in the final submission. Who is the shill?

edit on 2-8-2012 by ajay59 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
People, don't fall for the same old scam over and over. Man caused global warming is a SCAM! Watch the video in the link I provided and by all means, judge for yourself! Shills be ware! We all have your number and your time ends now!

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ajay59

Pretty much all the points I have talked about on this topic thus far completely debunk that outrageously ignorant video.

In that beginning of the video it says:

In this film it will be shown that the climate is always changing, but there is nothing unusual about the current temperature.

It is just pure lunacy to say, "the climate is always changing, therefore the changes we see now are not caused by humans". There are many factors that control the weather and climate. One factor can make a heat wave in the past, and a completely different factor can make a heat wave in the present. To claim one factor couldn't possibly be the cause because another factor was the cause in the past is insanely illogical.

Here an analogy I posted in a previous post:

Imagine a child's body temperature was above normal (has a fever). The child is taken to a doctor, and the doctor finds out the child caught the flu virus, and so he treats him, and days later he was well. A year later the same child's temperature rises again (another fever), and is taken to a doctor again. It would be completely illogical for the doctor to say, "well he had a fever in the past which was caused by the flu, so his fever now can't possibly be caused by anything else". That would be just pure lunacy. What if the fever isn't caused by a flu virus but instead by a bacteria or fungal infection? What if the fever is caused by another more serious factor? Then the child would die because of pure ignorance.

The point being, you can't always prove or disprove what is causing the symptom just by looking at the symptom. The Earth's symptom is extreme weather and climate changes, and it can be caused by many different factors. In the past it could have been caused by the Sun, and in the present it could be caused by atmospheric gas changes. To sit there and try to disprove Global Warming by saying, "oh it was hot in the past" is just completely idiotic.

Then the video says:

And that the scientific evidence does not support the notion that the climate is driven by carbon dioxide, man-made or otherwise.

The above quote is so wrong I am dumbfounded it was even said in the video that you hold as scientific truth. Our entire climate is at the mercy of our atmosphere. If it was not for the greenhouse gases in our atmosphere, our Earth would freeze over. It is a scientific fact proven by the physics of radiation that if you increase the amount of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere it will increase the absorption of infrared radiation from the Earth (trap heat). To say that climate is not or can not be driven by carbon dioxide is a straight fat LIE.

Off the bat, in the first few seconds of that video, they have already shown 1 instance of an logical fallacy, and 1 instance of a straight lie. The whole video basically revolves around that logical fallacy and that lie! They also complain mostly about the political aspect and not the scientific aspect. It's all a giant show to convince you it's ok to pump the atmosphere full of greenhouse gases and not expect an effect.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Why do you not want people to watch the video? Are you afraid that they will see the truth? You prove anything that you are saying, I dare you!

Do you deny multiple findings that the increase in C02 follows the increase in temperature?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ajay59
Why do you not want people to watch the video? Are you afraid that they will see the truth? You prove anything that you are saying, I dare you!

I didn't say I don't want people to watch the video, so stop LYING and insisting I did.

That video doesn't contain any truth. It is one huge display of ignorance and deception.

Everything I say is already proven. It has been proven for 100's of years. Go take a physics class why don't you.

Originally posted by ajay59
Do you deny multiple findings that the increase in C02 follows the increase in temperature?

No I don't deny that because it proves that "Carbon Cycle Feedback" is real.

If you increase CO2, it will increase temperature. If you increase temperature, that reduces the oceans ability to absorb CO2, so the CO2 levels rise after a temperature increase. Those charts actually prove Global Warming is real, and also Carbon Cycle Feedback is real.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
lol
i see a couple of posters counting their carbon tax income before it's even been minted.

funny how they resort to ad-homs
yet the "scientific" conduct revealed by the email dump
seems okey-dokey to them

the stealth manuever to get top positions in the UN
shows their willingness to get their carbon tax income by hook or crook
now they seek to impose their dogma through violence
which is what anyone looking for political backing truly seeks

looks like OP has been proven correct.

F&S

and no doubt the fanatics of The Church of AGW
will go to great lenghts to keep this thread off the front page

probably by posting propaganda threads everywhere EXCEPT the religion and creationism forum

edit on 2-8-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: added edit and comment

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by senselessness
You all really do need to read this:

The debate is already over. AWG is real. The only people left debating are conspiracy theorists, the uninformed, and shills.

Yes everyone, trust in your government! Everything here comes directly from TPTB. If you would rather trust them over someone who has no reason to lie, more power to you.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
The government is only giving poor sollutions like taxes. That says nothing about what the scientists tell about the dangers.
So forget the government when they talk about such things, and they have even more reason to not be 100% honest since they probaly know; they can't really solve this.
It's the same with oil, we want something else but there isn't really something else to replace it and it will cost them allot of money, since just look how much money they make from fuel we buy for our cars and insurance and so on.

It's almost like people playing their own doctor, finding their answer on internet what their problem is, and knowing better. Telling the doctor, you just got your book of revelations, no matter what you say, I believe what I believe so I keep on smoking.

And be honest in this matter, it just doesn't matter what I or you believe!!! nothing, zil! you and me have only an opinion! So who cares anyways!
You or me don't go on people doors saying belief this or else, and even when they would do that, nothing changes for the better or the worse. So why even care what others belief. I don't really, I say; screw them anyways.
We #ed anyways. Just smoke more! I know people who didn't die from smoking on a young age, so smoking doesn't say 1 thing about having a long life!

If one kind of people belief in their own book of revalations, it's the ''climate change caused by humans deniers'', since they know better and have a strong belief in their own truth! We know better then the doctor/scientists!

And, smoking, the goverment says it's bad for us!!! and what do they do, they tax sigarettes more! Wow, how caring and nice of them. And of course I keep on smoking because I know people close to me (family!) who smoked their whole life and lived more then 80 years and I know people who never smoked die at only 50!.
Damn the government and their lies and taxes, just let me smoke okay?
edit on 3-8-2012 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-8-2012 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join