It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is going on here? Two Republicans suddenly quit.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Well, this morning I read about some guy from Ohio quitting suddenly, now another republican from Kentucky is calling it quits: Kentucky Republican Rep. Geoff Davis issues surprise resignation

news.yahoo.com...

I suppose this could just be a coincidence, but it seems strange to me that there would be two sudden departures at the same time while Mitt Romney is apparently making an ass of himself all over the planet. Is there some connection here?

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by CB328
Well, this morning I read about some guy from Ohio quitting suddenly, now another republican from Kentucky is calling it quits: Kentucky Republican Rep. Geoff Davis issues surprise resignation

news.yahoo.com...

I suppose this could just be a coincidence, but it seems strange to me that there would be two sudden departures at the same time while Mitt Romney is apparently making an ass of himself all over the planet. Is there some connection here?

Only in your own mind.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
About as significant as the many many Democrats who will do anything to distance themselves from the current President, who has been "making an ass of himself" all over the planet for years now.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by pierregustavetoutant
About as significant as the many many Democrats who will do anything to distance themselves from the current President, who has been "making an ass of himself" all over the planet for years now.

I'm not a Dem nor a Republican.

But Mitt has really stepped up the assness level this past week.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Not that it matters but Bush and Cheney both said this week neither were going to the convention in Tampa.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by CB328

People retire all the time. This guy wasnt even planning on running again. He merely stepped out a little earlier than planned. For there to be any 'reason' behind it beyond what is reported, you are going to have to show how someone is benefiting.

Davis had already planned to retire and was not running for re-election in his 4th District, but his resignation will leave an immediate vacancy in Congress and in the representation of his district.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7

reply to post by CB328

People retire all the time. This guy wasnt even planning on running again. He merely stepped out a little earlier than planned. For there to be any 'reason' behind it beyond what is reported, you are going to have to show how someone is benefiting.

Davis had already planned to retire and was not running for re-election in his 4th District, but his resignation will leave an immediate vacancy in Congress and in the representation of his district.

The guy can't even finish out the last few months. Shameful. On the bright side, one less jerk in Congress. Doubt if his pay get docked.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by OLD HIPPY DUDE

Given how popular they were I'm not sure the GOP would want them there..

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

No his paycheck will not be docked and he will continue to get paid by US taxpayers years after he is gone.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by CB328

Yes,there is a connection. It is the wind of change! Ready your mind and still your soul! What lies ahead is for the good of all!

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ajay59

If only you were right we would all wake one day SOON to a much better world. I doubt it though, life will continue to suck needlessly for billions and a couple million will continue to wipe their asses with more in one sitting than most make in their life.

End rant: returning to default level of misery.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

Oh yee of little faith! Believe in yourself if no one else!

edit on 31-7-2012 by ajay59 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
There is a civil war in the GOP ranks between moderates and far-right...

GOP moderate from Ohio quitting his seat. Is he punishing his party?
www.csmonitor.com...

Conservatives Turn Against GOP Moderates In Effort To Achieve Policy Goals
www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Has anybody seen the face of Obma lately, looks like he gained over 20yrs and wished He never took the job! And on top of that might have to do another term to boot! How could somebody age so fast, yes we all give them #, just the pain I see in his face has cause for understanding! So people are dropping out, what gives? Its set in the first place, not like your vote really counts in the matter. Neither does this!

new topics

top topics

join