It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I went to the doctor today...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I've been fighting an infection called cellulitis caused by staph for 3 months and been through 3 rounds of antibiotics already and i wasn't asked any questions. They don't seem to really care to do anything other than throw more medication that won't work at me, so consider yourself lucky they asked a lot of questions, haha.
edit on 1-8-2012 by Bodhi7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by DrChuck

That makes sense, thanks for the clarification. I just thought the abuse and suicide were not part of a regular doctor's procedures. I had 3 new docs over the span of a year and they asked the standard questions you mentioned, but I was never asked about abuse or suicide thoughts. Tis a new age I suppose, with an increase in psych issues and I can see an actual merging of pysch/med questions because like you mentioned, physical disease can manifest from such occurrences of abuse. Personally, I do think the suicidal thoughts question is a bit out of character for a regular doc, and in my mind that question is used to determine one's stability and safety towards them and those around them. So this aroused the conspiratorial part of me and made me consider if they are psych profiling more citizens for whatever reason, our best interest or theirs.

Peace,
spec

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join