It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I went to the doctor today...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I've given birth 7 times beginning in '97, ending in '10

The last pregnancy, while being admitted, they asked if I had ever been involved with CPS.

I told the lady wth? She told me it was a new policy to ask that and abuse questions.

Wonder who answers that one truthfully

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I would never answer those questions, HOWEVER, I live in Canada and my health card has my picture on it, so as far as I know, I answer them everytime I see my doctor.

One funny note though, they aren't really that interested in me. I am a woman, and have had a number of woman only exams, including having an ovary removed. Well, while I was pregnant with my daughter, they refused to pay my doctor because a male can't get pregnant! My whole life they had me listed as male! And they never figured it out until I got pregnant (the second time I might add).

So, really it put my paranoia in check a bit

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by minettejo

That's a good story.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I just remebered that they also asked me what my reading comprehension was, what is the best ways I learn new things, and some other educational questions.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

I am in RN school and it is important to your learning material they might have to give you....They have told us a more indirect way is to ask what book have you read lately

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by zbeliever

That is what I thought, but I'm just surprised that they just started doing this recently. I don't know if it is just policy or some government implemented record keeping.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Whole bunch of cleanup needs to be done on the medical community-

Has nothing to do with insurance and everything to do with ethics

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Well people were going home with medicine they knew nothing about...Plus people were take it wrong and getting sicker or had to come back in to the doctors...not understanding the teaching material is big...and I guess it was a huge problem....As far as sexual questions, do you know it is illegal to put on a primary diagnosis chart that someone has AIDS or HIV....as a nurse they say the way you will know is the meds they are taking....which is weird because if they have hepatitis we know....

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
A pic was taken of me at my dr's office as well. I assumed (perhaps wrongly) that it was to prevent another patient from posing as me to use my insurance benefits. What the other poster said makes sense though, although I imagine it could work for both purposes. I didn't get the list of questions but my teen son did, minus the sexual history stuff.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Its called a patients social history...its not some conspiracy to take over your lives. And doctors do not get more money for asking certain questions, where did you get that ridiculous idea? But they certainly can get sued if they DON'T ask certain questions. Its a way of being thorough to sift through, and many diagnoses are made through the patients history.

Here are some questions many of you may find strange and intrusive but they are very helpful in certain diagnoses and makes the doctor aware of certain risk factors.

Are you married? If so, how many years?
Are you sexually active? Do you use condoms/OCPs?
Sexual preference?
How many sexual partners have you had in the last 10 years?
Have you a history of STD's? If so, what were they and were they treated?
Do you smoke, drink alcohol, or use illicit drugs? If so how much and for how many years/months?
Have you travel out of state or country recently? If so, where?
Do you have a family history of medical problems of your immediate family members?
What is your occupation? How many years have you worked in this job?

edit on 1-8-2012 by DrChuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrChuck
Here are some questions many of you may find strange and intrusive but they are very helpful in certain diagnoses and makes the doctor aware of certain risk factors.

Are you married? If so, how many years?
Are you sexually active? Do you use condoms/OCPs?
Sexual preference?
How many sexual partners have you had in the last 10 years?
Have you a history of STD's? If so, what were they and were they treated?
Do you smoke, drink alcohol, or use illicit drugs? If so how much and for how many years/months?
Have you travel out of state or country recently? If so, where?
Do you have a family history of medical problems of your immediate family members?
What is your occupation? How many years have you worked in this job?

I would never answer any of those. Not for finger damage.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
These questions seem more psychological than the standard patient history questions DrChuck posted. The fact that these line of questions are somewhat new makes me think there are some liability issues, and maybe that Batman tragedy has spurred a new policy to try and determine if someone is psychologically stable or not, so that they(med practitioner) can not be held responsible for treating a 'crazy' person and then letting them return to the public.
I suspect there are family members of either the victims or perpetrator of shootings that are seeking damages, and an investigation would trail back through one's medical history, and if a med professional did not recognize or record any psychological imbalance assessments, they may be liable? Just guessing here, but I think this may be why the new line of questions....liability.

Peace

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Collating info. Rahm's tax and confiscate firearms is a long term nwo/zionist goal.
edit on 1-8-2012 by davidmann because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
They're gun questions. You are getting a free psych evaluation. Did you really think that they wouldn't do stuff like this? I guess it's time to start pre-empting again.

Let's see. Rahm wants to license anything that moves...what's next? Bicycles.

OK. I guess we know where all those 'we the people' want to license bicycles petitions, circulating on CL and elsewhere, are coming from. I knew, before anyone mentioned it. I am certain I have posted regarding this, years ago. When they start licensing bikes, it's a sign of the end. The end of peace.

People...you have no idea how useful a bicycle is, in war time.

If you need to be 20 miles away from where you are, you will be there, in a hour. Your blood will be boiling, and your mind enraged that some powermonger caused you all this work and effort, and you can use this to build strength, resolve. If you had to walk, it would take about 7 hours. And you'd be exhausted, too weak to do anything but collapse. Please take this micro rant seriously. I gave up Dragnet's 'Blue Boy' for this.

Everyone I get in a car with is glued to an iphone, and can't find their turn signal, or a lane. So of course your skeletal mode of transportation must be taxed, and gaged with cameras, because you might scratch some mobile living room's side door when they, good-naturedly, try to run you over. You see, they never saw you, as you obeyed the law and rode in one of their blind spots. And if Rahm (we the people) gets his wish, you will be mail ticketed for not being glued to the shoulder everywhere you ride, no matter what your instinct tells you, you'll have no choice. Cameras. Everywhere.

No gas, no need for being pulled over, nothing but a wheel saving your ass, and THEY WANT TO TAX AND REGISTER THIS!!! The guise is 'traffic safety', and of course, tax revenues, forever.

The real reason is, well, ask anyone in Holland.

GET IT?

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

There are much different questions for a psychological evaluation, its called a Mini Mental Exam. A patients social history, although seemingly intrusive of ones privacy, does actually have very important information where a physician can come to a diagnosis, if not that then it will lead a physician towards the right algorithm of tests.

But you are well within your rights to refuse answering any of the questions. If the doctor needs to know an answer to a question you refused, they will ask you again, just ask for a explanation or justification of the question and they shouldn't have a problem telling you.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Maybe the doctors are using the invasive questions to see if there is a change in the thinking of the people from the meds they are taking or whether the person needs mood stabilizers. It's a good way to judge the meds effect on the mind. Trouble is that the questioner often has more effect on a person than a medication does sometimes just by their mood as they are asking the questions. If either of these are their reasons, the test developers need to see a psychiatrist.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse

They get to bill the insurance ten dollars more for asking you those questions probably. Every thing they do gets a code and by adding codes they get money. It's creating jobs and also higher costs. See, it's really important to the health of the doctors office to ask those things.

No...they don't get to charge you more for asking questions going to the doctor you are already being charged for a physical examination...this is part of that examination.

Of course...I guess you might want to go to a crappy doctor where he doesn't look at your history and just diagnosis off of current state...that is your choice if you want poor health care.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

It's becoming more popular to take pictures of patients now that most offices are moving to electronic medical records.

There are many uses for this, in an office they can verify that it is you coming in for treatement and not your crack addict cousin posing as you to get a prescription. And in hospitals, they can use it to verify you are the correct patient for administering meds or before doing a procedure.

I think people are too paranoid...all of the information you were asked are valid questions and do have a clinical reason. You may think it is useless information...but that is most likely because none of it applied to you. But if you would have answered that you have had over 1000 sexual partners...and you come in next month complaining about burning when you urinate...then along with checking for bladder or urinary tract infection...they will probably check for STDs right off the bat as well.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by DrChuck

Do you think the questions the op listed are more psychological than medical? The questions you listed I have heard before and see the reasoning, but I have not been asked the questions listed by the op and I got the impression these were new and additional questions asked now by regular medical practitioners. I can see more than one reason for asking more questions for a better picture of a patient, but I am curious what brought it about and the timing.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Well, the OP wrote " I also was asked about twenty to thirty questions, regarding my sexual history, partners etc., if I had been mentally or physically abused as a child. If I was currently being abused mentally or physically. If I was suicidal or wanted to cause harm to myself. Plus others that I can't remember."

They asked about sexual history and partners, routine questions. Whether he/she is currently being abused mentally/physically are routine questions for the elderly and women that come in with injuries. Asking whether he/she is suicidal or desire to harm oneself are also routine questioning.

As for the questioning of being abused as a child, many physicians don't screen for past child abuse in adult patients. Studies show chronic disease, depression among other issues are related to child abuse later in life. I think the OP's physician is covering all bases and is taking a thorough history. An excellent doctor in my opinion.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join