It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Is The Smallest Government Spender Since Eisenhower? Would You Believe It's...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
reply to post by camaro68ss

so when Obama took office and his fiscal year started the government was in deficit 1.3 trillion dollars annually. The house and senate have not passed a budget since Obama has been in office. For the past 3 year the deficit has been roughly 1.3 trillion yearly. Because there has been no budget there has not been any decrease or increases in federal spending.

There has been a budget passed every year. Read the first comment by Doug in that article and then read the response to see him get schooled with this reply from the author of the article.

Doug- I appreciate you may not like the article, but I’m afraid that it is you who is a bit confused on the facts. For starters, there is a budget passed every year. The 2012 budget was passeé on December 11, 2011. /www.districtdispatch.org/2011/12/congress-passes-fy-2012-budget/. The 2011 budget was passed on April 14, 2010 www.nytimes.com/2011/04/15/us/politics/15congress.html. The 2010 budget was passed on April 3, 2009. online.wsj.com/article/SB123870974208284245.html

edit on 1-8-2012 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

Let me school you and the author, yes a budget has been passed in the house, but Harry Reid will not take it up in the Senate and it’s been blocked in the Senate for 3 years!!!! Notice how the Author chooses his words “passed in the house”. It needs to pass in the house and Senate to become a budget. Do you guys ever ask questions or do you just copy past propaganda like this all the time?

Sad part is you guys vote and are easily manipulated.

edit on 1-8-2012 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

2012 Budget

this massive budget bill, that was passed by the House with a 296-121 vote on Friday and cleared the Senate on Saturday with a 67-32 vote, will be the year-long spending for the Military Construction-VA, Defense, Energy-Water, Financial Services, Homeland Security, Interior-Environment, Labor-HHS-Education, Legislative Branch and State-Foreign Operations. A FY ’12 budget bill had previously been passed for Agriculture, Commerce-Justice-Science, and Transportation last month.

2011 Budget

Congress voted Thursday to keep the government financed through September, putting an end to a raucous first skirmish in this year’s showdown between Democrats and Republicans over federal spending while presaging bigger ones to come.

2010 Budget

The House and Senate Thursday approved their versions of a fiscal 2010 budget that included President Barack Obama's biggest priorities, giving the president a significant victory as he works to shift the government's direction from the Bush era.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
Who Is The Smallest Government Spender Since Eisenhower? Would You Believe It's Barack Obama?

It’s enough to make even the most ardent Obama cynic scratch his head in confusion.

Amidst all the cries of Barack Obama being the most prolific big government spender the nation has ever suffered, Marketwatch is reporting that our president has actually been tighter with a buck than any United States president since Dwight D. Eisenhower.

Obama, the fiscal conservative.

Read the comments after the article, for the typical counter-arguments used to try and deflate this article's premise.

I cant belive you post this Kind of garbage and get away with it.

When you start out with 1.3 Trillion dollar defects and a budget have not been passed by both house and senate in your term of office then yes, your percentage increases annualized will be low because you do not have a budget for the following year. By default and law you incur the previous year’s budget including interest when budgets not passed.

I’m just so shocked at how informed the masses are. You post this article without even asking questions on how this is possible when the federal budget is exploding at the seams. Not even that, all the people that stared you as well just read this garbage and take it as fact without asking questions.

I don’t know what bothers me the most, how grossly misleading this article is, or the amount of people that don’t question it and take it as fact. And again, your all voters, that’s truly scary.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

2012 Budget

this massive budget bill, that was passed by the House with a 296-121 vote on Friday and cleared the Senate on Saturday with a 67-32 vote, will be the year-long spending for the Military Construction-VA, Defense, Energy-Water, Financial Services, Homeland Security, Interior-Environment, Labor-HHS-Education, Legislative Branch and State-Foreign Operations. A FY ’12 budget bill had previously been passed for Agriculture, Commerce-Justice-Science, and Transportation last month.

2011 Budget

Congress voted Thursday to keep the government financed through September, putting an end to a raucous first skirmish in this year’s showdown between Democrats and Republicans over federal spending while presaging bigger ones to come.

2010 Budget

The House and Senate Thursday approved their versions of a fiscal 2010 budget that included President Barack Obama's biggest priorities, giving the president a significant victory as he works to shift the government's direction from the Bush era.

there you go again, posting garbage. why do the informed people have to spend hours explaining the truth and it takes you 1 min to mud sling garbage and post it as fact.

your 2010 "budget" says "their versions" of bills passed the senate and house. meaning there were two different bills that each branch voted for. a bill becomes law when you vote on the same bill and it passes. This did not happen.

Your so called 2011 "budget" was a raise in the debt limit to keep the goverment funded. This is not a yearly budget. It was only a vote to expand the USA's credit card.

your 2012 "budget" was a Parcel budget for Individual sections of the government and never gave a complete look for future spending for ALL of the federal government for 2012. We have yet to see a full fiscal budget passed that covers all aspects of the federal goverment for 3 year.

Again, you just going to keep on with the copy paste garbage. Or are you going to read your garbage first before posting it so you dont get schooled anymore? do you even read what you post?
edit on 1-8-2012 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Diisenchanted

Notice that Bushes term ended at the end of 08 and they have all of 09 tacked on ntro his spending. That is not even fuzzy math that is plain stupidity...

How many times does it have to be said? Bushes term ended January 2009, not in 2008. The 2009 budget was written by Bush and passed by the 110th congress. Scream all you want to about the budget but don't ignore the fact it was a Republican budget.

Then ask yourself, when the economy collapsed in 2008, WHOSE policies were in place? GOP policies.

Another view of government growth, by president:
Per Capita Government Spending by President

This isn't to defend Obama, but to point out the real danger that comes from the so-called "conservative" trickle-down policies and deregulation that have caused the most damage to the country's economy.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

No I wouldn't and DON'T believe it. This is about as much BS as his birth certificate and presidency is!

In fact it is comical!
edit on 1-8-2012 by Angelicdefender2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

No, those are budgets and they did pass.

If you wish to refute that, give some sources. I understand they are not "traditional budgets", but those are not passed every year anyway. The new budgets for 2010-2012 change some things, but everything it doesn't touch upon carries over from previous resolutions.

At least if I have my facts straight.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

No, those are budgets and they did pass.

If you wish to refute that, give some sources. I understand they are not "traditional budgets", but those are not passed every year anyway. The new budgets for 2010-2012 change some things, but everything it doesn't touch upon carries over from previous resolutions.

At least if I have my facts straight.

no, your wrong, you dont have your facts straight. I dont need sources because i used yours, broke them down, and explained to you in there own words what they were. A credit card increse is not a budget, two different "there own verson" bills is not a budget, they must vote on one and pass both the senate and house. And a cherry pick budget is not a full federal budget.

got anything else???

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

Try adding in 09 and see where you end up.

2009 was Bush's budget.

Try learning how budgets and spending policy works, and then re-asses your comment.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Obama took office debt was 10.6 trillion.

Latest estimate debt is 14.6 trillion.

That’s 1 trillion a year.

He is on par with the Bush admin.

Nice try OP …

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
It was based upon a report that was, in a word, fraudulent. However it is a wonderful demonstration of the power of the "big lie".

Under President Obama’s budget, his own projections show the deficit never gets anywhere near balance. Indeed, the deficit never gets below or anywhere near the former all time record in 2008. By 2022, his own budget projects the deficit rising over the previous 5 years to $704 billion. But if Obama’s comprehensive tax rate increases throw the country back into recession next year, the deficits will soar much higher for several years, to new all time records.

Even under CBO’s horse and buggy static scoring, Ryan’s budget does serve to get federal debt under control and avoid any debt crisis, putting federal debt held by the public on a declining path from 77% of GDP in 2013 to 62% by 2022. That debt continues on a sharp decline from there, as the long term effects of Ryan’s structural entitlement reforms phase in. Debt held by the public is reduced to 53% of GDP by 2030, 38% by 2040, and 10% by 2050. That means the national debt is all but paid off by 2050, and would be soon thereafter. In fact, under dynamic scoring it probably would be paid off by then.

In stark contrast, on our current course, under President Obama’s budget policies, federal debt held by the public rockets to 140% of GDP by 2030, 220%by 2040, and 320% by 2050, on its way to over 700% by 2080. That would undoubtedly create a Grecian style sovereign debt crisis for America before that point.

So which course will you choose America?

President Obama: The Biggest Government Spender In World History

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyBuff
Obama took office debt was 10.6 trillion.

Latest estimate debt is 14.6 trillion.

That’s 1 trillion a year.

He is on par with the Bush admin.

Nice try OP …

Yes...on par would mean very little increase...which is exactly what the OP is stating.

Bush was way ABOVE par...hence he had a huge INCREASE.

Obama has been forced to continue many of Bush's spending policies due to being handed one of the worst recessions in our history.

It's amazing that people don't understand basic concepts like this.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Okay then, I don't know what to tell you. They are budgets, that is just fact. They did pass and they did go into effect.

And a cherry pick budget is not a full federal budget.

I found this funny because that was not your original claim. You claim congress had passed "no budgets", well they did, I have proved it. You have yet to adequately refute my sources.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Then Bush was continuing Clinton’s policies and so forth down the line…

What are you trying to accomplish

Apparently you do not understand either…

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

The last time BOTH houses of Congress got together to pass a complete bipartisan omnibus budget was in 1997, under Clinton. Bush never passed a complete omnibus budget either, and spending under him skyrocketed.

The last budget Obama signed that was considered an omnibus budget was the 2009 budget, written by Bush. The one that massively increased government spending and full of pork. That said, there's a budget passed every year, most of these are considered minibus budgets.

The last balanced budget was in 2001 (Clinton's).

However, claiming that no budget was passed for the past 3 years is simply ignorant. There's always some form of budget passed.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Okay then, I don't know what to tell you. They are budgets, that is just fact. They did pass and they did go into effect.

And a cherry pick budget is not a full federal budget.

I found this funny because that was not your original claim. You claim congress had passed "no budgets", well they did, I have proved it. You have yet to adequately refute my sources.

A budget is a description of a financial plan. It is a list of estimates of revenues to and expenditures by an agent for a stated period of time. Normally a budget describes a period in the future not the past. The Federal goverment has no such budget for the overall estimates of revenues and expenditures as a hole. they have not had one for 3 years.

You did not prove anything. I refuted your sources by braking them down and explaining to you what they really where. You have yet to adequatly provide sources stating the goverment had such budgets that were created for future periods of time.

give it up, your wrong. I live and beath economics, facts, and politics. There is no passed fiscal budget for the country as a hole.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
the title of this thread is a complete misinterpretation and disinformation at best

shows a graph showing how much the president spent more than the last...

shouldn't that be reading in minus numbers to look any good?
in effect the graph is basically saying he spent 1.4% MORE than bush...

therefore making him the BIGGEST spender of all time

and to think a few morons actually fell for that graph...

hello face meet palm

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

refuted your sources by braking them down and explaining to you what they really where.

No, what you did was tell me what you THINK they were. You have not actually shown anything other than your opinion.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
This ignores the utility and fairness of the actual spending.

I spend less at the grocery store than my wife, and I bring more food home.

It's not what you spend, but how you spend it.

"Bailouts" for wealthy people and corrupt entities? Not so great.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
This needs to split out war spending.

I wish the numbers could be broken out but the money being saved from winding down Iraq is being spent recklessly. In fact the Obama spend should be negative if you save the war money and don't put in more stimulus.

Instead he is at the war plus stimulus level of Bush. Thats crazy high, is reckless and cannot be sustained.

So easy to lie with statistics, quite a cheap shot Marketwatch!

[Full disclaimer I did vote for Obama, but am now Ron Paul supporter]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join