It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Generations of man something is missing.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
How is that there are names of sons on Cains side that are the same names of Seths side?
If Cain was sent to a diffrent land, the land of Nod,what are the chances that he names his sons the same names as his brother?It just seems that there is something not right.

Cains generations.

17 Cain knew his wife, and she conceived and bore Enoch. When he built a city, he called the name of the city after the name of his son, Enoch. 18 To Enoch was born Irad, and Irad fathered Mehujael, and Mehujael fathered Methushael, and Methushael fathered Lamech. 19 And Lamech took two wives. The name of the one was Adah, and the name of the other Zillah. 20 Adah bore Jabal; he was the father of those who dwell in tents and have livestock. 21 His brother's name was Jubal; he was the father of all those who play the lyre and pipe. 22 Zillah also bore Tubal-cain; he was the forger of all instruments of bronze and iron. The sister of Tubal-cain was Naamah.

Seths generations.

5 This is the book of the generations of Adam. When God created man, he made him in the likeness of God. 2 Male and female he created them, and he blessed them and named them Man[a] when they were created. 3 When Adam had lived 130 years, he fathered a son in his own likeness, after his image, and named him Seth. 4 The days of Adam after he fathered Seth were 800 years; and he had other sons and daughters. 5 Thus all the days that Adam lived were 930 years, and he died.

6 When Seth had lived 105 years, he fathered Enosh. 7 Seth lived after he fathered Enosh 807 years and had other sons and daughters. 8 Thus all the days of Seth were 912 years, and he died.

9 When Enosh had lived 90 years, he fathered Kenan. 10 Enosh lived after he fathered Kenan 815 years and had other sons and daughters. 11 Thus all the days of Enosh were 905 years, and he died.

12 When Kenan had lived 70 years, he fathered Mahalalel. 13 Kenan lived after he fathered Mahalalel 840 years and had other sons and daughters. 14 Thus all the days of Kenan were 910 years, and he died.

15 When Mahalalel had lived 65 years, he fathered Jared. 16 Mahalalel lived after he fathered Jared 830 years and had other sons and daughters. 17 Thus all the days of Mahalalel were 895 years, and he died.

18 When Jared had lived 162 years he fathered Enoch. 19 Jared lived after he fathered Enoch 800 years and had other sons and daughters. 20 Thus all the days of Jared were 962 years, and he died.

21 When Enoch had lived 65 years, he fathered Methuselah. 22 Enoch walked with God after he fathered Methuselah 300 years and had other sons and daughters. 23 Thus all the days of Enoch were 365 years. 24 Enoch walked with God, and he was not,[c] for God took him.

25 When Methuselah had lived 187 years, he fathered Lamech. 26 Methuselah lived after he fathered Lamech 782 years and had other sons and daughters. 27 Thus all the days of Methuselah were 969 years, and he died.

28 When Lamech had lived 182 years, he fathered a son 29 and called his name Noah, saying, “Out of the ground that the Lord has cursed, this one shall bring us relief[d] from our work and from the painful toil of our hands.” 30 Lamech lived after he fathered Noah 595 years and had other sons and daughters. 31 Thus all the days of Lamech were 777 years, and he died.

32 After Noah was 500 years old, Noah fathered Shem, Ham, and Japheth.

Cains side- Methushael fathers Lamech
Seths side- Methuselah fathers Lamech
There is a slight difference in names but so close - Methushael and Methuselah both father Lamech?

Also 2 Enochs
Cain fathers Enoch
Jared fathers Enoch

Something doesnt add up?

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I've often wondered the same thing. Noah and Enoch were both nephilim?! What does that supposedly make us? Are we all just fallen angels of the last great civilization?

Maybe it's all just a metaphor for mankind's evil twin! There are at least 2 "me's", that I know of.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
There actually isn't a conflict here at all.

The problem you've encountered is because of the transliteration of names from Hebrew into English.
It's a poor job on the part of the translators, essentially.

Read these passages in a Jewish Bible (i.e an English bible with Jewish names & place names preserved) and the issue doesn't even arise. The names are similar, yes, but it's the transliteration into English that makes them almost identical.

for example:

www.blueletterbible.org...
edit on 31-7-2012 by Awen24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
I've often wondered the same thing. Noah and Enoch were both nephilim?! What does that supposedly make us? Are we all just fallen angels of the last great civilization?

Maybe it's all just a metaphor for mankind's evil twin! There are at least 2 "me's", that I know of.

nowhere in Scripture are Noah or Enoch referred to as being Nephilim.

The Nephilim were the offspring of fallen angels and human women (Genesis 6:4). The disembodied spirits of those creatures are where we get "demons" from.

Noah was placed on the ark in order for God to DESTROY the Nephilim through the flood...
while Enoch was raptured out of that situation entirely after "walking with God for 300 years".

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by teraform

I ran across some information that addresses many of the same questions you raise. I had some of the same curiosities from Genesis also. I'm speaking of the Lost Book of Enki which I believe is the oldest know written text ever found. Discovered in Iraq, it is estimated to be from around 3500 BC Sumeria, and actually parallels the Bible, albeit, from a novel perspective. It's a free download. It is thought provoking but explains the subject in terms I do understand.

www.2shared.com...

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Awen24

Wasn't Enoch taken up and taught things and shown things by the "fallen angels"? Why would the Nephilim hang around Enoch if he wasn't one of them? Why would he try to intervene in their plight, if he wasn't one of them ?

Didn't Noah's father say that Noah wasn't quite "human" and not of this earth?

And after some days my son, Methuselah, took a wife for his son Lamech, and she became pregnant by him and bore him a son. And his body was white as snow and red as a rose; the hair of his head as white as wool and his demdema (‘long curly hair’) beautiful; and as for his eyes, when he opened them the whole house glowed like the sun ...

And his father, Lamech, was afraid of him and fled and went to Methuselah his father; and he said to him,
“I have begotten a strange son. He is not like an (ordinary) human being, but he looks like the children of the angels of heaven to me, his form is different, and he is not like us ... It does not seem to me that he is of me, but of angels..."

So, the regular angels AND the fallen angels were "mingling" with human women? If Noah's father said he of the angels, not me, doesn't that make him nephjilim?
edit on 31-7-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

Windword
I too have thought along the same lines as if there are 2 diffent stories of Noah
1-God saves him because he is pure
2- Lamech,Noahs father acts as if his son is from a completly diffrent race of man mabey nephlim.
If number 2 is correct why does God save this family?

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by teraform

This is a simple matter to address. It's all simple Language. Seth and Cain spoke the same language. Seth, Cain, Cain's Wife he found in the Land of Nod, along with all of those created (or re-created) on the 6th day spoke the same language.

As Awen noted, there are slight differences, in the Original Languages, with some shared, and some not shared meanings. They will, in most cases though, come from a Root Word, with it's main implications.

Also, some do occur in alter time frames, such as Cain's son Enoch, where somewhere in the Black Sea is a town that carried his name that Cain built, apposed to Jared's son some 500 year's after Cain's Enoch, which is as you noted, was Enoch also, who after 365 Years, was no more, for GOD took him. (The only person aside from Ezekiel who didn't die).

So lets see what we find.

Take Cain's descendant Methusael

Result of search for " Methusael":

4967 Mthuwsha'el meth-oo-shaw-ale' from 4962 and 410, with the relative interposed; man who (is) of God; Methusael, an antediluvian patriarch:--Methusael.

and it's roots

4962 math math from the same as 4970; properly, an adult (as of full length); by implication, a man (only in the plural):--+ few, X friends, men, persons, X small.

410 'el ale shortened from 352; strength; as adjective, mighty; especially the Almighty (but used also of any deity):--God (god), X goodly, X great, idol, might(-y one), power, strong. Compare names in "-el."

Now what is found for Seth's Descendant, Methuselah.

Result of search for " Methuselah":

4968 Mthuwshelach meth-oo-sheh'-lakh from 4962 and 7973; man of a dart; Methushelach, an antediluvian patriarch:--Methuselah.

and it's roots, which one we have already seen.

4962 math math from the same as 4970; properly, an adult (as of full length); by implication, a man (only in the plural):--+ few, X friends, men, persons, X small.

7973 shelach sheh'-lakh from 7971; a missile of attack, i.e. spear; also (figuratively) a shoot of growth; i.e. branch:--dart, plant, X put off, sword, weapon.

These are found quite easily using the Strong's Lexicon. Type the English Word, in the Box, and results are offered.

I trust this assists you in respect to this curiosity.

Ciao

Shane

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by Awen24

Wasn't Enoch taken up and taught things and shown things by the "fallen angels"?

No, Enoch, the Scribe, was take by GOD, and walked with him. He was shown things, and as a scribe recorded events outlined in the Book of Enoch, that involved the Fallen. He was even afforded the details of specific names and specific practices these fallen offered mankind in the days of Jared. He recorded what occurred, how the Watchers alerted GOD of what the Fallen had been doing, and outlined the response that GOD intended to apply to correct the situation, as Awen noted.

Why would the Nephilim hang around Enoch if he wasn't one of them? Why would he try to intervene in their plight, if he wasn't one of them ?

He didn't hang around with the Fallen or their offspring. He observed. And he never tried to intervene on their behalf. He recorded the event.

Didn't Noah's father say that Noah wasn't quite "human" and not of this earth?

And after some days my son, Methuselah, took a wife for his son Lamech, and she became pregnant by him and bore him a son. And his body was white as snow and red as a rose; the hair of his head as white as wool and his demdema (‘long curly hair’) beautiful; and as for his eyes, when he opened them the whole house glowed like the sun ...

And his father, Lamech, was afraid of him and fled and went to Methuselah his father; and he said to him,
“I have begotten a strange son. He is not like an (ordinary) human being, but he looks like the children of the angels of heaven to me, his form is different, and he is not like us ... It does not seem to me that he is of me, but of angels..."

So, the regular angels AND the fallen angels were "mingling" with human women? If Noah's father said he of the angels, not me, doesn't that make him nephjilim?

A few things. First, where is this from, the Quote I mean. It isn't something found within the Books of Moses. Second, The Sons of GOD remained as such, after the Fall. The Fall was when a 1/3 of the Sons of GOD chose to leave their place of habitation and to KNOW the daughters of man. The remaining 2/3 to this day, are still the Sons of GOD doing as they always have. They never left their place of Habitation. So your implication that regular Angels and Fallen Angels took women, is not accurate. Only the Fallen did this.

And FYI, here's a secret. They are doing it again, right now. as we play in this website. TODAY they are just called Aliens, or Greys, or Reptilians or E.T.s. Ssssssh. Don't tell no one.

Ciao

Shane

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Looking deeper into the linage of man.
It would seem and quite sure that the Enoch from Cains linage is the one who God took to the heavens,looking at sumerian texts,but in the bible the Enoch from Seths side is the one who God took.

new topics

top topics

join