It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bag of kittens !

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
This morning my wife and I let our two dogs out to do their normal doggy stuff in the back yard. One dog came back inside after a few minutes but the other would not come in, he just kept running around a tree at the back, he never barked. Thinking he just wanted to play his game of "catch me if you can", my wife went to get him and noticed a kitten hiding. She came inside and told me about it, we decided that it would be best if we could catch the kitten. It was only 6-10 weeks old, and it was not safe to be outside in an area with a large amount of dog owners. She went back out and returned with two kittens and said there were two more out there. She went out again and was able to get the other two kittens. She also found a bag behind our fence, most likely the kittens were in the bag but managed to escape. After a bit of playing with the cute little fur balls, I went out to look around and found two more hiding. We now had six kittens that were dumped behind our house. After a bowl of milk and a little more playing, we loaded them up and delivered them to the local SPCA along with the bag. We also filled out a report for the Humane Society, they are going to try to find the person that dumped the kittens.

Kittens i110.photobucket.com...

Bag i110.photobucket.com...

Going for a ride i110.photobucket.com...

My little hero, Simba i110.photobucket.com...

Please, if you have animals that you can't take care of, take them someplace safe like the SPCA or an animal shelter, or just don't get a pet to start with.

If you just dump a pet, the one thing you really need is a good BOOT TO THE HEAD !

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Awww, they are so adorable...

I want the black one.!!!!!!!!!!

I got dibs on her/him first.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Yes that little boy is cute and we almost caved in, but with two mature dogs it would have been hard for them to adjust.

The SPCA said that they will get adopted fast so it's better for all.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Grayarea

Just curious....

• Was there any evidence(such as cat hair) inside the bag?

• Was it completely unzipped?

I just can't imagine anyone intentionally doing that, with a distinct bag like that. Well, unless it was someone who was trying to frame the previous owner of the bag.

• posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:43 PM
    link   
    This makes me sick, and I would rather folks drop something like this off OUT of a bag with a semi fighting chance if they are stupid enough to do it to begin with.

I can't figure this type of thing out. I can't figure people out. Or ignorance. I'm at a loss for sure but applaud YOU for doing the right thing. I am a huge animal lover and am glad to know others look out for them like I do.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:44 PM
    link   
    Thank you for taking positive action for these little souls!!!

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:47 PM
    link   
    reply to post by BrokenCircles

Yes there was hair on the zipper and it was only open about 3 inches. The inside of the bag was wet from them taking a leak in it.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:48 PM
    link   
    reply to post by dainoyfb

Really, you need to get the local newspaper involved. Maybe if the pictures of the backpack and kittens hit the paper the person responsible can be found. Also it will be good advertising for the kittens at the SPCA.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:52 PM
    link   
    Awwww, Poor little baby's, You are stronger than i would be, I would have to keep them all, I doubt my hubby would let me though, reasonable thinking is not a bad thing on my hubby's part when it come's to cute little animals.

Well done to you for looking after them all and to your little hero as well

I dread to think who could have done that to them not knowing if they would survive or not

Take that back pack to the police, Or your local newspaper, I bet someone will recognize it

edit on 31-7-2012 by ladylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:54 PM
    link   

Originally posted by Grayarea

Yes there was hair on the zipper and it was only open about 3 inches. The inside of the bag was wet from them taking a leak in it.
    That's more than I had expected. That's near irrefutable.

To be clear, I can't really understand why someone would do that anyways. It seems so much more strange that they would use a bag such as that one, that surely isn't a very common bag.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:57 PM
    link   
    reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

Yes that's the way I feel. When I get a pet, it's for life, not just a temp fad.

My little hero has cost us over $6000.00 so far (he has epilepsy) and I could never just dump him because he is sick.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:01 PM
    link   

I have contacted a local paper and emailed the pictures to them. They said someone may phone me tomorrow. I'll update this if they print it.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:09 PM
    link   
    reply to post by ladylove

The Humane Society is like the police but for animals. They can lay charges and I think you can get up 10 years in jail for cases of animal abuse.

I really hope they catch the creep and give him his BOOT.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:11 PM
    link   
    It's really sad, but people do that all the time. We had a family move in a few houses down, and across from us that had five cats. None of them were fixed, and when they realized they had a problem on their hands, they just threw them out of the house. A couple have ended up as road pancakes, but the females, 3 of them, have bred endlessly.

The neighborhood is now rampant with feral cats, several toms have grown up and started fighting. They have literally killed some of the others with their fighting. I came home one morning from work, and saw a cat that was in shreds, but he was unapprochable. I tried to get near him, but he fled.

The pound here charges you to trap. You rent the trap, and have to pay a fee for them to come pick up the animal. The trap is a weekly rental.

We have rescued several, but in our county, the only thing you can do is take them to the pound, which usually kills them because they are only open weekdays, excluding Wednesdays, and closed on weekends. They make it nearly impossible to adopt, and the fees are now 100.00.

On top of that, it has now become a dumping ground. Not sure if it is just other homeowners that just loose their cats on the outdoors, come what may, or people that drive through and dump their unwanteds.

Either way, I had to stop feeding the birds, because I realized I was actually feeding the cats.

Right now, we have 3 rescue litters of kittens and I don't know what to do with them. The Humane Society asks for a "donation" per animal of 375.00.

I need to take them to the pound, but I fear what their outcome will be, and it is obvious no one will take them. Our pound history is wretched. There are a couple of No-Kill shelters, but they only pick up animals from the pound, so there is no guarantee they will make it to any shelter.

We have rescued, neutered/spayed and gotten shots for so many, but my budget is feeling the strains of the economy, and I cannot keep doing it. Especially not at around 350.00 per cat.

Out of the ones we have rescued, I want to keep 7, the others have to go, but I am at my wits end on what to do with them.

I am to the point now that I will be forced to stop trying to help these poor animals, because there is so many of them, and no place to turn for any real help in placing them.

My heart is in the right place, but I just don't have the bank account to fund it, and my lousy county doesn't do anything unless it ends in citations for money. Otherwise, they are worthless.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:16 PM
    link   

Originally posted by Grayarea

I have contacted a local paper and emailed the pictures to them. They said someone may phone me tomorrow. I'll update this if they print it.

Great!
    People who have the mentality to do something like this are a danger to animals and people. There may be nothing you can do to make them understand that it is wrong but at least they can be taught that there are consequences.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:18 PM
    link   
    reply to post by Libertygal

Where are you from? That's just awful

In the UK if you find a homeless or stranded animal you simply take them to the rspca who will try to find there owners or get re-homed...

If they are very old they tend to put them down but i don't like to think of that.....

Its quite rare that they don't find homes to go too

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:20 PM
    link   
    Unfortunately, where I live, dropping animals at the SPCA is the same thing as dropping them off the side of the road. Except that at least on the side of the road they might just find a way to survive. The SPCA will surely kill them.

Are there any no-kill shelters where you are?

Would you at least be open to U2U messages from potential adopters here on ATS?

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:27 PM
    link   
    reply to post by Libertygal

That is so sad that people are so irresponsible with pets.

The SPCA in the city here has a policy of fixing all animals before they are adopted, it helps but then idiots bring in pets from outside and never get them fixed.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:35 PM
    link   
    reply to post by ladylove

I live in a small town outside of Atlanta Georgia.

I have had a couple of friends that took a couple of strays to pounds in their counties for me, but you have to give your drivers license and all personal info, so they felt uncomfortable doing that. It is almost like they make you feel like you are doing something wrong.

Most pound animals around where I live are, unfortunately, euthanized.

I am tempted, at this point, to go stand outside the Walmart one weekend and try to give them away. Just heard that animal testing facilities tend to pick up these animals if they hear about it.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:41 PM
    link   
    Thank you OP for rescueing these little guys. I hope
    they find loving homes for all of them.

I don't understand a person that could be cruel
    to an animal.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join