It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there anything left to do for my computer?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Well life has made it difficult to get anything still. I am waiting patiently though. I guess I also get a box full of "stuff". I just need to make it out there. I am so ready. I want to take this thing and throw it off of my roof. Or see how well it works as a jack stand for a 1 ton truck

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Ok last update for now. I got a new laptop. It was given to me, which is awesome. And it is new! Also exciting. Its a Dell iM11z I like how small it is, but how much better it is than my pc. And my pc is SOOO much bigger. But this thing is almost to fast for me. LOL. Like right now, I am downloading zune for my phone and on facebook and writing this! How cool.

I appreciate all the help, what I want to do is just turn my old pc into a download/ movie machine.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Congratulations on your new laptop!

A suggestion for your old computer - format the hard drive(s) and donate that bad boy to someone in need. Make sure to back-up your movies, pictures, TV shows, and music to your external.

If you can afford it, get another external hard drive and make another backup. I've had them fail on me at the most inopportune times, and I'm sure it has happened to others as well. I'd hate to see you lose all your stuff.

As a side thought, and this is just me thinking; why are external hard disks called such? A hard disk is a drive that stays in the computer and stores information, and a floppy disk is one that is removable. If it's external, and only connected by a USB, or firewire (who even uses that anyway?) E-SATA or whatever else, it's removable like a floppy and is incorrectly called a hard disk. Makes me think sometimes... But then again, I'm old school.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Change the little mother board battary should work fine then

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join