It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our Degenerate Youth

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by theroguelion
The lyrics of this song perfectly describe a great number of the youth here in America. Whether you believe it is a conspiracy by mainstream rap/pop or not you can not deny that it is polluting the minds of our impressionable youth. It truly is an epidemic. These kids are completely clueless.... they will realize pretty soon....
This song is a masterpiece.

edit on 31-7-2012 by theroguelion because: (no reason given)

Parents are responsible for their children, you will get what you planted, with one of the highest rates of divorces, I'm not surprised that most kids are mentally screwed... Unfortunately, values have been replaced by white super ism, lots of ego and pride, arrogance and sheer ignorance of other countries or cultures... This country has stopped learning new things the first sign of any society's demise

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tiger5
reply to post by theroguelion

Well I fail to see what Pell grants or GEDs have to do with listening to crazy lyrics! You havwe lost me. I am an accountant and I just discovered limp bizkit! All manner of peropl pay taxes and listen to all sorts of music. All sorts of unemployed people listen to all sorts of music.

The Unemployment statistics and home repossessions are climbing.

FYI

It is the middle classes that are feeling the pain of unemployment.now also. The 80 destroyed the working class job base and now we see the destruction of the middle class job base.

I turned 21 today. I suppose you have to be surrounded by it and possibly have been a victim of it to understand. Yes, these days I can listen to anything and be unaffected. But only about 2 years ago I was very impressionable to lyrics, as were my peers. Its just like how people that have woken up find it hard to understand people that are still asleep. but trust me, it is very real.

For instance, we might can still watch the MSM and not be brainwashed by it. But many of those that do, are.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Kids always wanna be like their musical heroes.

Personally, I'd feel a LOT safer in the street if all the kids were imitating Buddy Holly, rather than MC PhucYoMamma.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

And who's responsibility is it to raise these children correctly like generations before?

The government has taken control of the children, some fought this take-over but, the majority won and gave over their children to the government...trusting they knew what is best. Most don't know what has been done or care what has been done to the children, they are deep into their distractions or might I say have excuses for why their children were not placed in a higher priority. Too late now...at least for a couple of generations.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Frankly, I think the music of all our youth today, of every race and culture, is mediocre.

But I do wish the black youth would change their taste. Black culture used to produce so much wonderful music.

Where is today's equivalent of Louis Armstrong? Chuck Berry? Marvin Gaye? Wonder? Billie Holliday?

How do you go from Sam Cooke to gangster rap? Seriously?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Only the weak-minded ones let their music tell them how to behave.

Sorry, but that's just what I believe. When we were young, my friends and I listened to Guns N Roses and didn't do drugs. We sang along with Motley Crue and didn't treat women like objects. When we talked about Kirk Hammett being God, we were complimenting his insane guitar-laying skills. That's it. There was no "I'm going to worship Satan just like Slayer!" or "I'm going to be a womanizer because Vince Neil makes it look cool!" At least not in my circles. The idea would have been ridiculous. We would have laughed at / pitied someone who was that easily influenced.

I'm sure there are plenty of kids like us nowadays, too.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by theroguelion

I thank you for reminding me of Mr. Obama's one good statement about the 40 and over crowd.. Keep the inter-generational flames burning. Never has an older generation been more Tyrannical then you old foggies are now. You like the Titans, consuming our future so you can continue to live a life of unearned comfort. Sooner or later we will be forced to take the role of the Olympians and cast the vile Titans into the depths of Tartarus.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Go back to the 1960s!!!!

These degerates grow their hair long, have SEX, and many where flaired trouser and are not in the navy!!!

See yesterday's degereates then go on to build the next ruling class and can afford the best seats at a Rolling Stones concert!

No biggie

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by theroguelion

Originally posted by Tiger5

Originally posted by Hawking
Popular music has always been controversial. The beatles have a song called run for your life. The lyrics: I'd rather see you dead little girl, than to be with another man.

Johnny cash: I took a shot of coc aine and I shot my woman down

Jimi Hendrix: I'm going down to shoot my old lady..I caught her messin round with another man

The rolling stones' song "****sucker blues": "Where can I get my **** sucked, where can I get my *** ****ed"

Not to mention that most of them openly glorified drug abuse and misogyny in the press. Hell Jimmy page was and is into aleister Crowley and satanism.
edit on 31-7-2012 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

hawking

You are so right. We all listened and did controversial stuff when we were teens.. Guess what?most of us then grew up to become responsible adults. Youth is a time to be silly. To be silly when you are over 30 is a crime!
edit on 1-8-2012 by Tiger5 because: typo

The fact that 50% of Americans don't pay taxes these days (or so i've heard) proves your assumption that "most" of us grew up to become responsible adults wrong. And it would seem that number is rising with this new batch of kidz

Good for them. Why should we pay taxes to fund a government that has failed us as a nation?

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
There is an old saying, "it takes a community to raise a child". I firmly believe this, that is why I volunteer in my community so that I can make a difference for my children and others. My children are young, but I restrict what they watch and how much they watch (all electronics). They get 1 hour on week days, and 2 on weekend days. They have manners, they have responsibility, and they have discipline.
I'm also a teacher, and my students think I am a mean mom, because I make my children play outside more then they get to play on electronics. I teach high school and I see all the time, how much disrespect there is out there, and it is not just from the children, I get it from parents as well. Long gone are the days when it was the child's fault when they received a bad mark, and here are the days when it is the teachers fault.

3.bp.blogspot.com...

Society and the education system is telling us today that we can not fail children, that all are equal and that no one should ever fail. Well that is not reality, we are not preparing children for life in the workforce. And music and television does not help. I do not think that horror movies are going to make people run out and kill others any more then I think that music talking about sex, drugs and rock n' roll, is going to make kids run out and do those things.

Do I think that our society has become much too desensitized, the answer is YES. Long gone are the days when children had self respect and pride in how they looked, and what they wore. I've seen young girls wanting to be noticed, and wearing as little as possible; and I've seen young men wearing thier pants down around their knees showing off their asses.

As a teacher and a parent, I try to stress self respect and respect for others in my class and in my house. I have high expectations, and more often than not my students and my children rise to meet them. But I have rules, and I expect them to be followed, I treat them with respect in the beginning and it is their job to keep it, not mine to continually give it.

Good responsible children begin at home, and must be maintained by the community. Again it takes a community to raise a child.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join