Our Degenerate Youth

page: 1
6
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
The lyrics of this song perfectly describe a great number of the youth here in America. Whether you believe it is a conspiracy by mainstream rap/pop or not you can not deny that it is polluting the minds of our impressionable youth. It truly is an epidemic. These kids are completely clueless.... they will realize pretty soon....
This song is a masterpiece.
edit on 31-7-2012 by theroguelion because: (no reason given)




posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Yeah, just the usual C(Rap) being produced on mass today

And to think they filmed Elvis Presley from the waist up in the 1950's because shaking your legs was concidered rude.




edit on 31-7-2012 by Pedro4077 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
And who's responsibility is it to raise these children correctly like generations before?



posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I like it. The lyrics mostly.
Most of our children are going to get one hell of a wake up call one day. I think the things we see around us will continue to worsen, and a time will come where they will have to step up or suffer the consequences. A LOT of them will be suffering the consequences I believe.

It can be blamed on a lot of things. Lack of parenting, the state of public education, etc. etc. etc. Not all of them are stupid by any means. I see some that blow my mind on occasion. I just wish I saw it more often. I worry for their futures, but don't know what the answer is myself.
edit on 7/31/2012 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint
And who's responsibility is it to raise these children correctly like generations before?

Their parents. Are you trying to be divisive?



posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by theroguelion

Originally posted by SpearMint
And who's responsibility is it to raise these children correctly like generations before?

Their parents. Are you trying to be divisive?


It was a rhetorical question, and no I'm not. My point is that it's a child's upbringing that determines how they turn out, no human biology has changed in the last generation, it's entirely down to their upbringing. That's not just down to their parents influence of course, but parents can control most outside influences. It's not down to Hip Hop.
edit on 31-7-2012 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint
 


Oh. I wasn't trying to imply that it was only hip-hop. But it does influence kids no doubt. Just look at the fashion kids wear these days. They imitate their favorite stars. And the language, oh god the language. A lot of new things the kids say these days come from rap. And the obsession with "paper" I believe is almost solely influenced by rap. Then you have YOLO and stupid # like that. Kids I know that listen to Tyler the Creator think RAPE is funny.... So many examples I could name....



posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Yeah and those damn beatles with their long hair and their rock and roll 8 track tapes! Whats the world coming to??


Grandpa, every generation has shaken their collective head at the one to succeed it. This is nothing new. If kids today are ignorant fools it's because of poor parenting by people your own age.

Would you rather they all be in a field covered in mud tripping on acid and unemployed? Cause they can do that and call it a movement too if you'd like
edit on 31-7-2012 by Hawking because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by theroguelion
 


Hip Hop is the most abused genre of music and it's sad that teens these days listen to such cacophonus mess.

I'm not a fan of Hopsin, though.



posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Popular music has always been controversial. The beatles have a song called run for your life. The lyrics: I'd rather see you dead little girl, than to be with another man.

Johnny cash: I took a shot of coc aine and I shot my woman down

Jimi Hendrix: I'm going down to shoot my old lady..I caught her messin round with another man

The rolling stones' song "****sucker blues": "Where can I get my **** sucked, where can I get my *** ****ed"

Not to mention that most of them openly glorified drug abuse and misogyny in the press. Hell Jimmy page was and is into aleister Crowley and satanism.
edit on 31-7-2012 by Hawking because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by theroguelion
 


Are you trying to say music like this cannot create a respectable individual?




posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
cast aside the profanity and vulgarities ....

straight up and spot on


the message.

perfect, poignant and dead to rights on the money.

especially, and most importantly with regards the anticipated audience.


good stuff.



posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking
Yeah and those damn beatles with their long hair and their rock and roll 8 track tapes! Whats the world coming to??


Grandpa, every generation has shaken their collective head at the one to succeed it. This is nothing new. If kids today are ignorant fools it's because of poor parenting by people your own age.

Would you rather they all be in a field covered in mud tripping on acid and unemployed? Cause they can do that and call it a movement too if you'd like
edit on 31-7-2012 by Hawking because: (no reason given)


I'm 20 years old, lol. I used to be a really big mainstream rap fan, in particular, a Lil Wayne fan. So I can personally attest to how the music affected me. Then a very traumatic event happened in my life almost exactly 2 years ago. I grew up because of that, and now I am on the outside looking in.... '

As a side note, don't underestimate the powerful affects music has on a person. If you aren't a music lover it might be hard to imagine but trust me, it is very real.
edit on 31-7-2012 by theroguelion because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I have to wonder if those on this thread saying that every past generation was criticized for its popular music have ever really looked at the lyrics to rap music. (I say look because listening is really painful and you need an urban translator to understand it.)

If you are a parent, you better go google the lyrics of some of this crap rap they call music. Don't just assume it's no worse than the music of your day. There is truly some wickedly vile stuff being let loose on our youth, and it is not the same kind of generational gap argument.

There was a thread here not long ago about the intentional corruption being perpetrated on young minds through gangster music. I read the article presented and halfway followed the topic. Then, last night, I was researching some stuff on private security companies and private prisons and the various things they are involved in. These companies are trading on the NY Stock Exchange for heaven's sake. They make much of their money off how many prisoners occupy their private facility!

The more thugs and gangstas they can create, the more $$$$ they make. It's ruining a huge segment of this generation.



posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
OP, I'm going to make the educated guess that you are not a parent. If you are, then I imagine you're one of those snooty ones that likes riding around in the family sedan with a bumper sticker advertising your pride in such a child and/or their achievements. Either way, I'm trying to grasp what your point may be. Are you asserting that somehow the media/music/television are brainwashing the youth to become these terrible degenerates that shall surely wreck havoc on this planet? Or perhaps you'd prefer it in your language "are you by chance proclaiming that the music box and picture screen are dillybagging the younguns to manifest into these baddy do-bads who shall do bad to mother Earth?"

Since someone else already put together the brain cells necessary to form the argument about 'who is raising this youth' and you have made it clear that you've caught their drift by answering 'their parents' then I will have to conclude by asserting that you are either making a null point or are a snobbish parent that looks at other families with a mixed look of distaste and constipation as you judge their techniques and label their offspring with words such as 'degenerate'.

In conclusion, this makes you an old fuddy duddy. Someone else has already asked this question - a couple thousand years ago:
“Our youth now love luxury. They have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for their elders and love chatter in place of exercise; they no longer rise when elders enter the room; they contradict their parents, chatter before company; gobble up their food and tyrannize their teachers.” - Socrates

Not exactly an original statement, is it? Unless Lil' Wayne was busting out rhymes before Christ you may have made a null point. So sorry to inform you.



posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
i teach my kid by good example to injoy the intertainment turn it up loud but have a mind of your own not what anyone els says or sangs, and if they want to trip acid in the mud or in a tree remember its only the drug dont listen to the voices,,,lmfao



posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by MadmanInABox
OP, I'm going to make the educated guess that you are not a parent. If you are, then I imagine you're one of those snooty ones that likes riding around in the family sedan with a bumper sticker advertising your pride in such a child and/or their achievements. Either way, I'm trying to grasp what your point may be. Are you asserting that somehow the media/music/television are brainwashing the youth to become these terrible degenerates that shall surely wreck havoc on this planet? Or perhaps you'd prefer it in your language "are you by chance proclaiming that the music box and picture screen are dillybagging the younguns to manifest into these baddy do-bads who shall do bad to mother Earth?"

Since someone else already put together the brain cells necessary to form the argument about 'who is raising this youth' and you have made it clear that you've caught their drift by answering 'their parents' then I will have to conclude by asserting that you are either making a null point or are a snobbish parent that looks at other families with a mixed look of distaste and constipation as you judge their techniques and label their offspring with words such as 'degenerate'.

In conclusion, this makes you an old fuddy duddy. Someone else has already asked this question - a couple thousand years ago:
“Our youth now love luxury. They have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for their elders and love chatter in place of exercise; they no longer rise when elders enter the room; they contradict their parents, chatter before company; gobble up their food and tyrannize their teachers.” - Socrates

Not exactly an original statement, is it? Unless Lil' Wayne was busting out rhymes before Christ you may have made a null point. So sorry to inform you.


With all due respect, your chastisement of the OP, imo, is without merit. I'm not a "fuddy duddy". And I do have a respectable amount of brain cells. And I am certain without a doubt that there is an effort underway to target a particular segment of society with an "at-risk" population of youngsters. They do this with over-the-top shock music to desensitize them to basic societal mores and morality. The so-called "artists" get rich and famous, while the "at-risk" youth crumble.



posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
mozart was a degenerate

he didn't compose entirely in italian. sometimes he used german

punk



posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Truth of the matter is, you can't be a bad person if you have impeccable grammer.

Sad but true.



posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
One of the issues that your generation (>25) face is that there is a TON of a few things versus pre-consumerism where there was an adequate amount of a LOT.

Take for example that 2 year old boys and girls are wearing the same true religion jean that a 20 year old man or women wear and sadly a 60 years old lady.

In order to maximize profits, companies limit the SKUs available in the marketplace. They just change the sizes.

Same is true with TV - Murder and Rape on primetime or some variety or :reality: (Cooking, Buying, Fixing, Celeb or Rich family).

Our choices are limited while paradoxically the world is at the fingertips of most 1st world nationals. They just do not have a vested interest in their success because they are literally conditioned to make money and spend it on entertainment exclusively.





new topics

top topics



 
6
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join