It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Largest Cover-up I Know Of.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
the night sky . we have forgotten our place. now we feel lost. we need to turn off the lights for a night.
edit on 31-7-2012 by Another_Nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Move to the middle of the country. The sky is very nice in the country.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Trying to figure out if you are attempting to be poetic or just living up to your username...

New Mexico skies are unbeatable...

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Am I on the right website?Is this what ats threads have come to? one line statements?
you have to be kidding...right?

Put a little effort into your threads
edit on 31-7-2012 by TWILITE22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
The sky is fabulous out here in my neck of the boondocks. I look up every chance I get.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Lincolnshire UK, The cloudless skies are beautiful

I wander sometimes if my neighbors think i am slightly mad when i sit on my bench, Or lay on the trampoline looking up at the stars

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

Looking up is my motto

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladylove
Lincolnshire UK, The cloudless skies are beautiful

I wander sometimes if my neighbors think i am slightly mad when i sit on my bench, Or lay on the trampoline looking up at the stars

They probably do...but who cares.
They have no clue what they are missing!

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

Agreed!

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TWILITE22

kinda had a little accident while making it and poof....
anyhow. no not poetic. unless you live in the country you get hardly any stars .and living there will change with agenda 21.but most of the planet is in cities now. and that inspirational night sky the planet enjoyed for thousands of years has been hidden . why else would we wasted so much energy lighting up the empty streets at night ?

The world is undergoing the largest wave of urban growth in history. In 2008, for the first time in history, more than half of the world’s population will be living in towns and cities. By 2030 this number will swell to almost 5 billion, with urban growth concentrated in Africa and Asia. While mega-cities have captured much public attention, most of the new growth will occur in smaller towns and cities, which have fewer resources to respond to the magnitude of the change.

link

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

jeezz. ok . i am officially sorry to all . i try to make my posts count . jumping on me seems a little harsh without looking at my previous posts tho. and my craptop crashed . but ill piece it together .lol

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
Move to the middle of the country. The sky is very nice in the country.

i remember once our band was touring, and we parked the van in a country lane somewhere in the countryside, somewhere down in southwest UK. when i woke up at about 5am and got out for a smoke, i was utterly blown away by the vast starry sky, conditioned as i was to the heavily light polluted city nights. the depth and detail of the stars was stupendous. truly a revelation, and one that made me realise how much us city-dwellers miss of the night sky.

link   
reply to post by Another_Nut

I stole this one from the beautiful nature pic thread just for you.

Originally posted by Open2Truth

Now, you can even look down and still see the night sky.

link   

Originally posted by Another_Nut

jeezz. ok . i am officially sorry to all . i try to make my posts count . jumping on me seems a little harsh without looking at my previous posts tho. and my craptop crashed . but ill piece it together .lol

Most of us have had a post go awry while trying to fix it for the ATS critical poulation and understand. Others... maybe not as much.
Go figure. I have hit the blasted "enter" button half through on more than a few occasions and was left trying to fix it while a few moaned.
It's ok. Take your time and most of us will check back.

edit on 7/31/2012 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by RoScoLaz

Yeah I know what you mean. Originally from NY, I used to love when I came up here for the summer. Sit on the beach, listening to the ocean, watching for shooting stars. Always like the sky, myself. Clouds, stars, both cool.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem
reply to post by Another_Nut

I stole this one from the beautiful nature pic thread just for you.

Originally posted by Open2Truth

Now, you can even look down and still see the night sky.

now can anyone tell me that when half the world has never seen the milky way like that in real life that person is ,and will forever be, missing something. to be replaced by

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by raiders247
Trying to figure out if you are attempting to be poetic or just living up to your username...

New Mexico skies are unbeatable...

Word!

New Mexico, my home state.

During the monsoons, the thunderstorms put 4th of July fireworks to shame.

And the sunsets look like no place else on earth. The sky turns purple, pink, orange, blue and white all at the same time.

The night sky outside the city of Albuquerque, is just incredible.

I miss my home.

Been in Arizona for the past 7 months.

This place sucks ass.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
The best place I have ever seen the awesome display of our galaxy and universe was one night in south-east Colorado near the panhandle of Oklahoma. I had been driving for 4 hours and needed to pee. It was 2am on a two lane road, in the middle of nowhere, with no cars for miles, so I thought I would just pull over and water the grass a little.
What I saw in the sky was truly amazing! Hundreds of miles away from any cities, combined with an extremely arid climate and no moon gave me the single best view of the sky I have ever seen! I almost forgot to zip-up as I stood in total amazement of the depth and beauty of what I saw. I stood out there for at least 15 minutes before I decided I should wake my wife. She was not as excited about it as I was, but after she peed on the side of the road she felt better and we shared a special moment together!

Two things I learned from that experience twenty years ago is that the universe is totally awesome, and I should have let the b*tch sleep and just walked away. She didn't deserve the beauty that she saw that night. I hope she never sees another star again, unless it's the business end of a supernova!

On a side note...

You could also visit India.
Apparently they don't have many lights on right now.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I am born and bred in the country, My hubby is from a big city, when he first moved here he was amazed about how nice the people were, Saying hello to him even suprised him, The night sky he loves, Many a night i have got him out laying on the trampoline with me looking up at the star's...

The only problem is his nick name for me is carrot cruncher (in jest)

Or yellow belly......

Cheeky sod

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by tvtexan

mine was a mountain top on Kauai . to those of us who have seen that kind of night dont easily forget. its a reminder of how big this place is .and what we have left to achieve as a species.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join