It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There's Something Very FISHY About Evolution! Smell it here!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Studenofhistory
reply to post by nixie_nox

Because STUDEN of history, if they tried to explain it to you, especially after you saying something like blood cells will float away without arteries, they are not going to bother explaining Genome fusion, RNA world hypothesis, or the Darwinian transition. It would be like me, trying to explain the inner workings of an ipod to a penguin in South AFrica.

Okay then, feel free to enlighten all of us how Genome fusion, RNA world hypothesis and or the Darwinian transition explains exactly how a single cell organism evolved into a multi celled organism. I'd love to hear how that happened. If you can't explain it then please provide a link that does.

The Reader's Digest version is that the unicellular organisms clumped together into a single community. With a community that tight-knit, it's beneficial to develop specialization. From there, it's not a big stretch to fusion.

Unicellular organisms by their very nature aren't very motile and their primary survival tactic is to reproduce as quickly as possible. With multicellular organisms, they can defend themselves and go after their own food. They have a big advantage.

That's not to say that unicellular organisms are less evolved than we are. For eons, life never got more complex than the single celled so it is obviously a fantastically successful way to live.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by nunyadammm

Originally posted by EnochWasRight
Someone here on ATS said something to me that was very wise. They said that most people here are looking for a simple answer that can be used to paste over a complicated matter. The problem is, context is necessary. Most of what I write is very detailed because the answer to the problem of confusion is not simple unless you see what is hidden to you by symbolism. Symbols are used because they are efficient. A symbol says more than the space it occupies. Unless you are willing to look, you won't see. A simple yes or no excludes the middle. Yes and no questions are often based on an incorrect premise. I was simply trying to fill you in so you can ask a better question.

It was actually a simple yes or no question.
Kind of like "Do you like chocolate."
I cannot believe people so smart that they have figured out the reality of God cannot answer yes or no questions.

Does not matter.

I see you YET AGAIN avoided the one thing I have asked 3 times now. The only question I really wanted anyone in this thread to answer.

You question was this: Then the Torah is even more valid than the bible?

I answered it. The Torah is the first five books of the Bible. Are the first five books of the Bible more valid than the entire Bible? My answer was that rightly dividing truth is dependent on law. The first five books are the law that the rest is divided from. I answered your question with a valid premise.

Your original premise was that they are separate.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Barcs

5) DNA is digital information. I could rest my entire case on this alone.

Sweet. That means I don't even have to waste my time debunking you, because this notion is laughably wrong.

Are you sure?

The four bases (A,T,G,C) are digital code. By definition, DNA is a digital system as there are no intermediate states between the four bases. Similar to binary being 0 or 1, DNA is doubled. Digital systems use discrete values rather than a continuous stream. Our clearest analogy for this type of digital code is computer architecture. Can we make the connection between computer design and DNA acting on the operating system of nature? If we were to use an example of a higher ordered digital state, DNA would be it. We still don't understand the complexities of how it all works. It's safe to say that we lack the understanding necessary to see it by perspective.

The discovery of the structure of DNA transformed biology profoundly, catalysing the sequencing of the human genome and engendering a new view of biology as an information science. Two features of DNA structure account for much of its remarkable impact on science: its digital nature and its complementarity, whereby one strand of the helix binds perfectly with its partner. DNA has two types of digital information — the genes that encode proteins, which are the molecular machines of life, and the gene regulatory networks that specify the behaviour of the genes.
Naure.Com

edit on 3-8-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   

You question was this: Then the Torah is even more valid than the bible?

I answered it.

Was your answer a yes or a no?

The Torah is the first five books of the Bible. Are the first five books of the Bible more valid than the entire Bible? My answer was that rightly dividing truth is dependent on law. The first five books are the law that the rest is divided from. I answered your question with a valid premise.

Ah, a "valid premise." Pretty much all you guys got.

Your original premise was that they are separate.

Because of the "logic" you were trying to use in the post I replied to. I think you need to read what you tried to pass off as rational thought all over again because you kind of just had to deny your own "premise" to "correct me" on the torah's relationship to the bible.

I actually asked that for a reason and if you cannot just give a yes or a not then that pretty much clears up for me that not even you believe some of the crap you are spewing.

Still nothing on that cancer eh?

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
I am not convinced by any of the possibilities, but I will take them into consideration.

One thing I am still quite perplexed by, is how come Coelacanth which is thought to be 400million years old never evolved or changed at all?

You would think 400 million years is enough time for evolving at least a tiny bit...considering the Dinosaurs are claimed to have went extinct only 60 some odd million years ago.

So....who wants to try explaining this glaring problem to me?

What mechanism causes evolution to occur in almost all these other species but the oldest species of all, the Coelacanth, stays the same?

The coelacanth is not the exact same species as the one from the archeaological record. Only because of its habitat, it has not had the enviornmental pressures to drasticaly change morphologically to survive. Its still evloved and a different species genetically from its ancestors.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

Can you name how many different books make up the the Bible?

Can you list the author, and date created, of all the different books that make up the Bible?

If you cannot, why do you hold on to a book whom you know not the author of?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
SALMON REVOLUTION...They are so evolved that they are capable of starting their own "REVOLUTION" I assume they are Revolting because of all the tiresome running marathons to engage in frenzied group fish sex...I am skeptical about their true motives and at the same time disgusted but like a train wreck happening its all just a little too tempting to watch. Interesting reading...

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Still using argumentative fallacies I see...the argument from complexity

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Confusion42

Can you name how many different books make up the the Bible?

Can you list the author, and date created, of all the different books that make up the Bible?

If you cannot, why do you hold on to a book whom you know not the author of?

No other book on Earth has so many different authors saying the same thing, with a connecting thread that is the same. In all books, we see the fingerprint of the writer and his style. We get this in every book of the Bible as well. We can tell the difference in authors. There is no difference there. There is, however, one major difference. In all cases, we hear the words of the LORD speaking. In each of these instances, the signature of his speaking is the same. Additionally, he carries another signature. There is a heptadic structure to the Bible that identifies the one giving the impression to the writer. The authentication code is unmistakable.

No other book can claim this. The Bible is also locked in symbol. The symbols in the Bible then tell the true story behind the outer shell of the words. This story is consistent throughout and can be unwound from the text to read like one single book of man being cast from heaven to rise again through the struggles and trials of Earth, Air, Water and Fire. The point is to reach union with God once again in the upper harmonies of creation in love, fulfilling the law along side him as we journey together as Father and Son. Where else can you get this besides the Bible. NOWHERE.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Funny...'cause I guess Muslims, Buddhists, Hindus, and the guys who worship the mighty jungle god "GluGlugluck" claim the same thing as you...namely that "their" religion and scriptures are the "right ones"

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

Funny...'cause I guess Muslims, Buddhists, Hindus, and the guys who worship the mighty jungle god "GluGlugluck" claim the same thing as you...namely that "their" religion and scriptures are the "right ones"

There's only one right one at the center. The rest are revolving around it looking back to the source. They all say the same thing. Only the Christian religion is based on grace. The reason the Mystery Religions and religions based on works are shrouded in other gods is because they have an inner and outer court of truth. Much like the Masons and Mystery Schools of old, the profane had one version and the the adepts and high priests had another. When Christ was crucified, the veil was torn between the people on the outside of the temple and God on the inside. We're all one brotherhood waiting on unity to come. Christ is that unity. He appears and suddenly there are no longer any divisions.

Anyone who is still waiting for their God to show up as savior after this misses the point.

edit on 7-8-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

yep, starr.....they not only revolve around Scripture, they denote the authority of the story of Him....His-story.....in all of History....hehehe....the story that He is the only way,.... and what else do the other detractors do....?.....they attack His authority with off-the-wall options, or any explanation to attack the first story. I say "REFUSE TO BE A VICTIM"

edit....the detractors want anything but the Truth.....anything but that
edit on 7-8-2012 by GBP/JPY because: Yahushua is our new King !!

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
reply to [url= by EnochWasRight[/url]

There's only one right one at the center.

They can't all be right, but they could all be wrong.
edit on 8-8-2012 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Woah! You got a 38 on the fundie index for that nonsense!

FSTDT

Do you care at all about what is true and factual?

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join