It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian agents on 128?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Rcently I bought a radio and switched to am frequency, and started hearing strange russian voices communicating.
I have recorded them, but have yet to find a 3gp to mp3 converter for linux.
I will upload in time, if intrest exists!
I have also intercepted strange number stations and buzzers.
Once I upload, i hope to get help with translation from our russian members.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Sorgmodig

Have you tried FFmpeg for file conversion?

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Sorgmodig

Rcently I bought a radio and switched to am frequency, and started hearing strange russian voices communicating.

How did you determine that the voices in Russian sounded strange..?

Are you fluent in Ruskie..? Or did you just decide to label them strange so you could create a thread on it..?

Which is strange itself...so now we have 2 strange moments that cancel each other out - leaving us with nothing..!

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Ask Jeeves showed me where to get one in about 2 seconds.

I dont understand though, what frequency where you on?, where are you located?, what type of radio?

Im in the UK and my old THX pc speakers would pick up spanish.

edit on 31-7-2012 by Murad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
No, the only word I know in russian is Stalin. It was strange because it deviated from the regular broadcasts in a manner which will be apparent once i upload the audio files.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
You probably picked up some russian radiostation?

Sooo?

Even our 'major' radio studio, once got polish voices over their signal.
They were all confused by it, and it took some time to find the reason. But they found out other radio stations picked it up aswell.

I can't see whats wrong here?

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
We need more info on the channel and area you are in (Sweden I assume?). It may be completely normal, but I hope we can hear it and have someone here translate it for us.
edit on 7/31/12 by nobody you know because: added info

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
This is actually quite normal, i was speaking to my partners dad about this exact same thing however i forget its name, similar to EVP but its to do with magnetism

If you take a normal radio, preferably an old one which still relies on twisty nobs, put it on AM frequency and turn the volume right down, then put the aerial next to a metal radiator. you will be able to pick up voices coming from it,

this used to happen on a daily basis with my old radio/PC picking up german talking. The radio doesnt even need to be turned on itself, as long as it is turned on by the plug for a current to be going into it, this will charge the magnet in the speaker, and will allow it pick up broadcasts from near by radio towers all on its own.

edit on 31-7-2012 by kevbrownuk because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-7-2012 by kevbrownuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by nobody you know
We need more info on the channel and area you are in (Sweden I assume?). It may be completely normal, but I hope we can hear it and have someone here translate it for us.
edit on 7/31/12 by nobody you know because: added info
Hello, my twisty knob radio does not show exact frequency, however it was slightly above 128, and therearound.
I do not live in sweden, I live in scaniae. We are our own country and have been for thousands of years. We where the first to live in scandinavia (besides denmark)and we are the best civilisation on earth. We are of danish decent.
We are slightly below norway and above denmark, and , have had many foriegn villages named after ours in our honor, .fe in france and further away. We have many great monuments of our ancestors, fe Ales stenar.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
A quick check showed that there are quite a few AM radio stations in eastern Europe on, or close to 128 mHz. With the way that atmospherics have been it doesn't suprise me that you could be picking up some "skip". Here is a link to the "Global Frequency Database" that will give you an idea of how many AM stations there are out there on 128...

qrg.globaltuners.com...

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
128 what? 128mhz is in the aircraft band. Would it be 1.28MHz or 12.8 MHz instead? What mode? AM, NFM, WFM, etc.
There are plenty of sources on line and I've noticed many experienced radio techs and ham radio operators here. I'm sure you'll get your answer. There are very few things that you will hear out there that haven't been vetted out by the listening community already.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by dainoyfb
128 what? 128mhz is in the aircraft band. Would it be 1.28MHz or 12.8 MHz instead? What mode? AM, NFM, WFM, etc.
There are plenty of sources on line and I've noticed many experienced radio techs and ham radio operators here. I'm sure you'll get your answer. There are very few things that you will hear out there that haven't been vetted out by the listening community already.
Read the god damn op, I said AM, didn't I?
I don't know much about radio, and have never claimed to.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
There are a few ATS threads on this, try:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Also do a Google search for the keywords "numbers stations."

Good luck.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Hey OP, with all respect, but how old are you?

When I built my first radio at the age of 13 or thereabouts, (in the middle of Africa), the first thing I heard on that radio was a FBI warning. in the music. (I thought, Sheez, FBI warning in the middle of a song. The Americans really are strange.) I ran to my parents to tell them the great news, about a FBI warning looking for some women and her kids....

Guess what, later I discovered it was a song by Boney-M, called "Ma Baker", that I received from a local MW radio station.

SWL is a great hobby, and you will hear all sorts of funny languages all over.

(but 128 is meaningless. 128kHz, or 128MHz, huge difference, but don't let that spoil your fun)

128kHz is in the longwave band, so that is the most likely frequency you are listening to. 128MHz will be quite silent.
Wikipedia (I am too lazy to look further) has a list of stations you will find in that thereabouts:
en.wikipedia.org...

You will see there is a number of Russian stations on Longwave
edit on 1/8/2012 by Hellhound604 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sorgmodig

Originally posted by dainoyfb
Read the god damn op, I said AM, didn't I?
I don't know much about radio, and have never claimed to.

Thats a ignorant reply from someone who claimed this

"we are the best civilisation on earth"

How did you work that out did your countries population meet in a phonebox

edit on 2-8-2012 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join