It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Camel Spiders

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
From the replies I've read, I've come to the conclusion that not ONE of you guys has been to Iraq. And before you ask, yes I have (2006-USMC)
They are real...nough said

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Their neat, I had one as a pet once! I was out collecting some P.Boreus and came across him in a damper part of the wood I was flipping and caught him as quick as I could. Brought him home and kept it, they eat like no other, everyday a cricket would go in, it would be partially gone after a hour or so. It died from old age/ Metabolism problems a few months later. They are unlike any other predatory insects I have seen, if they were bigger they would definatly be the dominant species of the insect world! Myriapods/Arachnids dont come close to the Solfugidae empire.

By the way, no venom but their jaws are amazing, they shred unfortunate victims to pieces!

Anyways, they are related to whipscorpions/Vinegaroons dont get much bigger the 4 inch leg spans, at least in the us. just for the love of god dun pick 'em up. they are as angry as the Jerusalem crickets.

Here are some pics/ Links

Solfugid ( Camel Spider )
www.geocities.com...

( the Jerusalem Cricket, a personal favorite of mine.)
www.youtube.com...

By the way Anybody catch them on this forum,? I might want to buy some

<< 1   >>

join