It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parallel Universes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2003 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Mind blowing article!

Is there a copy of you reading this article? A person who is not you but who lives on a planet called Earth, with misty mountains, fertile fields and sprawling cities, in a solar system with eight other planets? The life of this person has been identical to yours in every respect. But perhaps he or she now decides to put down this article without finishing it, while you read on.

The idea of such an alter ego seems strange and implausible, but it looks as if we will just have to live with it, because it is supported by astronomical observations.

Story

posted on Apr, 25 2003 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Intresting.. It makes sense strangly

posted on Apr, 26 2003 @ 09:51 PM
link   
This is an excellent article!!! I was waiting for something like this to come along.

posted on Apr, 27 2003 @ 05:05 AM
link   
And if I must say so myself-helps put a few things into perspective. Kind of "relates" to what I knew all along.
Magestica

posted on Apr, 27 2003 @ 05:24 AM
link   
...looks like something I'm gonna have to read in depth at a later time Willie...definitely believe there are parallel universes...also believe them to be overlapping and intersecting...all happening...all right here and now...

...past, present and future...every moment that has EVER existed, IS existing or WILL exist...is this one...this moment right here...time is not so much long, as it is wide...

...okay...perhaps too much coffee before bedtime is a bad thing...

Peace,
ALIEN

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Alien, it really is worthwhile taking your time reading. I printed it out to read it, I like reading print better anyhow. Some of the theories are things that you may consider in only the realm of philosophy, but are being shown to be "possibily" real. Some theories, like every instant every conceivably possible outcome occurs, our reality streams along a given path, I have heard before. But in philosophy only, the classic "What if?" universe. And if it is true, you can only wonder if there is some possible way to either control or accurately predict seemingly random events.

On the other hand, there is a theory that every possible outcome already exists, and that as we travel through time we "choose" which instant of reality will come next, like driving along a tree branch that keeps splitting into smaller and smaller branches. The thing about this theory is that if it is true then the implications surrounding time are staggering, and in my mind is almost physical proof of the spirit. Because if the whole universe already exists, not just from here to there but from before until later, then there really only exists a single instant, and as I said in my mind seems to show intelligent design of the universe(s).

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by William One Sac

On the other hand, there is a theory that every possible outcome already exists, and that as we travel through time we "choose" which instant of reality will come next, like driving along a tree branch that keeps splitting into smaller and smaller branches.

You know what's the weird part??? I've read about this exact same subject in the "conversation with God" books and also other channeled material (Eliasweb)...

While the CwG books were written between '94 & I think '98 and the Elias material were first recorded in the 80's...

posted on Apr, 29 2003 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by alien
...looks like something I'm gonna have to read in depth at a later time Willie...definitely believe there are parallel universes...also believe them to be overlapping and intersecting...all happening...all right here and now...

...past, present and future...every moment that has EVER existed, IS existing or WILL exist...is this one...this moment right here...time is not so much long, as it is wide...

...okay...perhaps too much coffee before bedtime is a bad thing...

Peace,
ALIEN

I don't think I could have said it any better!! But I feel the SAME way 100%...
*except for the coffee before bedtime*

Magestica

posted on Apr, 29 2003 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Similar to Stephen Hawkings theory about parallel Universes as well...

posted on Apr, 30 2003 @ 03:13 AM
link   
We experience past present and future because we are multidimensional beings.

If we couldn't grasp a concept of time, then we'd live only in the instant and time would never pass...could it be this is what animals are? Or at least certain ones...

I think when it comes to "Parallel Universes", no.

It's possible to think of, and mathematically possible it seems. But not practical.

Well we can go back to the "killing soul thread" I said, no you can't kill your soul that's "Existance" it always is.

But your "individuality" is something else.

It doesn't matter if it is a "parallel universe" or what. That other "you" isn't experiencing the same things as you, and is therefore, not you, in any way at all.

A parallel universe can be nothing more than a "clone" conceived by the choices we are given, and all those choices happen and we are simply just one of them.

Well that actually seems pretty impractical, and the Universe is rational at least. It may function oddly but it works in a very practical way.

So because there can't be an "alternate you" there can't be a "parallel universe" with such a you in it.

Now is there many Universe clones? I don't see where they'd all fit.

You have to begin wondering this.

Is space so much a location in some vast "nowhere" or is it a dimension?

Well we say it's a dimension but we think of it as a space, and that is wrong.

It is purely a dimension.

I say this because where are you going to fit all these "parallel universes"?

Aggh it's on the tip of my tongue.

If space were infinite then it wouldn't matter where anything was. There is no coordinates.

If space were finite then this is it pretty much.

So an infinite amount of space is actually safe to dismiss, because everything might as well just exist in one space well that's this space.

I guess that sums up what I'm trying to point out.

You can't have two 3rd dimensions, and so no parallel universes.

There isn't anything out side our universe because it doesn't "exist". The 4 dimensions and maybe more are expanding here, there is no where else so it's not like there is "emptiness" or such, this is it...everything.

I doubt very much that there are parallel universes...I wish I could better explain my reasoning but it's VERY late

But I hope I painted a good enough picture for you to think about it. It's not like some infinite light years away there is a universe just like this one expanding, because all of infinity would be "filled" up with debris from previous universes.

And anything in the 3rd dimension we'd experience so it's not like they're in the same space as we are.

It might seem disappointing but this is literally it. God and our Souls are all we could hope as being infinite.

Even time is finite, if things weren't finite we'd be up to our armpits in crap from past universes or such. Afterall the fact we know this universe had a beginning is saying it all.

Now thinking about it though, if our souls are all that will survive this universe, considering that at some point time and the universe will end, and that "reality" will go with it, and then another time and reality is made aknew, and we'd be apart of that.

I suppose that could be close to a "parallel universe"?

Reminds me of K-Pax lol ... TOO LATE
*must sleep*

posted on Apr, 30 2003 @ 03:35 AM
link   
First off I DO agree there are "parallel universes" or other dimensions or realms..whatever the word would be for this. However, I agree somewhat with HKot that we don't really have another "me" or "you" somewhere out there(as the article says) I have a different theory that we do however share particles or a soul with another somewhere "out" there or even here on this very realm of existance..it doesn't mean that they look like us, talk like us, do everything that we do..it's more that they are a part of us, but have their own lives...I could really get way out with this...heh! But I won't, because I'm sure you guys would read it and say wtf?? What the hell is she drinking lol...
I just "know" that we DO share our soul with another...it's not that difficult, and infact makes perfect sense if you really think about it. But some will say we have no soul and some will say we have an individual soul or even that we share a soul with many...and we are all right, because we know none of it to be fact or fiction, it's all in our inner belief or feeling or just knowing..and it takes "something" in your life to shed light on what you have always known deep inside you..and that is the case with me...no more to be said

Magestica

posted on Apr, 30 2003 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Great article find William! I am very interested in subjects such as this.

Now, maybe I am misunderstanding some of this, but if everything that exists, (in parallel universes, multiverses, etc.) exists right now in this moment as I am typing this, then that would rule out the possibility of time travel? Since all reality is now, there would be no way of moving back and forth in time. Right?

I liked the article a lot and will probably read it several more times. It did seem to hit upon some things that I have believed for quite some time. The ideas about different dimensions and multiverses linked together somehow boggles my mind.

posted on Apr, 30 2003 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by William One Sac
Mind blowing article!

You said a mouthful. Really made me think.

top topics

join