It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Do You Ever Get That Not So Fresh Feeling?

page: 2
3
<< 1   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe
 


I think graceunderpressure's Avi is spot on for this thread




posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladylove
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe
 


I think graceunderpressure's Avi is spot on for this thread


I believe you are right.Though we seemed to have scared them off.... It's almost mesmerising to look at.



posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
These two have made me chuckle...



I'm not fussed about feminine hygiene ads, I tend to go numb from the neck up whenever they come on. It's those old timer rugby/golf/footie players talking 5 minutes of dirge running their fingers through their new sewn in head pubes that get right on my wick.


Oh great, now look what you did. You got me scouring youtube for old commercials. By 'eck I forgot how terrible they were.
edit on 1-8-2012 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I am someone who doesn't like feet. I hate seeing naked human feet, it makes me sick and I usually have to look away, going ewwwwww. It is so bad that I would prefer to see a bare bottom rather than feet whilst eating. Having said that, I hate it when the verruca adverts come on or the ones with the fungus under the toenail...
Even writing this gives me goosepimples, it is so disgusting. And it always comes on whilst eating...who thought it acceptable?

As far as the adverts for ladies, they are far to graphical nowadays. I don't care if they use blue fluid, they are still showing you exactly what is going on. And no, there is no 'happy period', not when you feel as if someone has put a whisk up your nether region until raw, followed by cramps and incurable headaches...

When I was little there was only one tampon advert on tv and all it showed was the packet which looked like a pack of tablets [German TV, O.B tampons]. I remember wondering what this advert was about and my mum also answered that I would find out soon enough and that it was for grown ups only.
It puzzled me but I didn't pursue the answer because it looked so darn boring.



posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I had to add this, its the full skit, its SNL It's the 1994 Womens Golf Sponsored by Stay Free Maxi Pads.

Here is one just in case you want to know some of the one liners....

"Stay Free Maxi Pads, a downstairs patch for your baby hatch"! Jason Sudekis.. CLASSIC




Peace, NRE.



posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe

Originally posted by ladylove
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe
 


I think graceunderpressure's Avi is spot on for this thread


I believe you are right.Though we seemed to have scared them off.... It's almost mesmerising to look at.


Ladylove and Kangaruex, you guys are too funny. Yes, the Avi expresses how I feel about many of the issues I find on ATS, especially the ones mentioned in this thread.


I will say, having had a baby in a brand new hospital, with assorted people walking in and hanging framed art on the walls while I was in labor, ignoring everything of mine *all hanging out there* and asking, "Is this picture crooked?" not much embarrasses me, anymore.

And, thumbs up to my boyfriend who, when I aks him to pick up tampons from the store, asks, "What absorbency?" without batting an eye. Now, that's a BF!



posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria
 


I absolutely love the first one, and did when it first came out. She has it pegged about right! Did you ever think you would need to scour youtube for videos of this for ATS?
And "Head Pubes" Had me choking on my soda! I have never heard another person call them that except for me. Now I am going to have to scour youtube for one of those old massengill commercials that started this whole thing!


Originally posted by Hecate666
I am someone who doesn't like feet. I hate seeing naked human feet, it makes me sick and I usually have to look away, going ewwwwww. It is so bad that I would prefer to see a bare bottom rather than feet whilst eating. Having said that, I hate it when the verruca adverts come on or the ones with the fungus under the toenail...
Even writing this gives me goosepimples, it is so disgusting. And it always comes on whilst eating...who thought it acceptable?

As far as the adverts for ladies, they are far to graphical nowadays. I don't care if they use blue fluid, they are still showing you exactly what is going on. And no, there is no 'happy period', not when you feel as if someone has put a whisk up your nether region until raw, followed by cramps and incurable headaches...

When I was little there was only one tampon advert on tv and all it showed was the packet which looked like a pack of tablets [German TV, O.B tampons]. I remember wondering what this advert was about and my mum also answered that I would find out soon enough and that it was for grown ups only.
It puzzled me but I didn't pursue the answer because it looked so darn boring.



My mom absolutely abhors that nail fungus commercial like you do. She gets furious that they air during times when people might be eating.
I hate feet myself...not as bad as you, but I don't want them on me...socks or no.
I feel your pain!

Nice description with the whisk too. I'd say that pretty much sums it up fairly accurately for most of us. Men must have made that commercial.


Originally posted by NoRegretsEver
I had to add this, its the full skit, its SNL It's the 1994 Womens Golf Sponsored by Stay Free Maxi Pads.

Here is one just in case you want to know some of the one liners....

"Stay Free Maxi Pads, a downstairs patch for your baby hatch"! Jason Sudekis.. CLASSIC




Peace, NRE.


Thanks for that! SNL always seems to be able to bring it home don't they? I had forgotten about this! I am still literally lol!!



Originally posted by graceunderpressure

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe

Originally posted by ladylove
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe
 


I think graceunderpressure's Avi is spot on for this thread


I believe you are right.Though we seemed to have scared them off.... It's almost mesmerising to look at.


Ladylove and Kangaruex, you guys are too funny. Yes, the Avi expresses how I feel about many of the issues I find on ATS, especially the ones mentioned in this thread.


I will say, having had a baby in a brand new hospital, with assorted people walking in and hanging framed art on the walls while I was in labor, ignoring everything of mine *all hanging out there* and asking, "Is this picture crooked?" not much embarrasses me, anymore.

And, thumbs up to my boyfriend who, when I aks him to pick up tampons from the store, asks, "What absorbency?" without batting an eye. Now, that's a BF!


Having kids will do that to you. I will never forget my mom saying she was going to be in there with me...and I was appalled (not sure why, she had seen it all before a million times). When it came time to push....everybody in town could have been in there and I would not have cared!
I didn't have the picture hangers though.


I applaud your BF for doing that. My husband has done it before, but he is the only guy I have ever met that would do it. You know you got a good one, when they will get your feminine products for you without complaint!



posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
And I have scoured youtube to find some of these relics that were the basis for this whole thread...bad acting to boot.






They are even worse than I remember.



posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Agreed, the nail fungus ads actually do turn my stomach.
HAHAHA I'm crying with laughter. I know kids come out with some pretty sensitive questions, but if my daughter who is now 18 and is thankfully past all that fired this one off at me my response to this question would be spraying a mouthful of coffee everywhere, closely followed by choking.


Vinegar and water? Think I'd rather put in on my chips tbh.



posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I recall when these commercials first came out.. yeah Im old dammit. Anyway, my grandmother who was pretty proper was horrified. Then again, she also refused to buy proctor and gamble products due to the satanic symbols on the package.

I happen to think that if youre itching, stinking, not so fresh, and need all of these products.. you just might have a crotch problem. Maybe go to the gyn and not walmart.


I think its real important to tell the kids what things are and arent in this age of info overload and nothing being sacred.
My parents and I went on vacation when I was pretty young.. back when you could smoke on planes sorta old times. LOL! There was a tampon machine in the bathroom and I had a pocket full of change for the sncks machine room at the airport left over. We were midflight and I bought several tampons and stuck one in my ears, nostrils and mouth.. so the strings would flop around when I shook my head. I came out of the bathroom and walked down the plane aisle with strings just a-floppin. People were laughing and when I got to my parents seats I thought that theyd think it was funny. My dad sure as hell did, but my mom almost DIED of embarrassment.
Moral of this story: when your kid asks what something is used for or what something is.. tell em.. they might stick them in their ears and nose if you dont.




top topics



 
3
<< 1   >>

log in

join