It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

someone keeps prank calling me and its getting annoying can anyone help?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
for the past few days i have been getting prank calls and texts. someone whos voice i donot recognise but they seem to know who i am if anyone can find any information on this # 207-517-6371 i would appreciate it all i could find is the # is from Portland, Me. im not sure if this is ok with the t&c but if anything else if your bored call them and see if you can get a name

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by stealthmonkey

apparently not

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
It could be a spoofed number, there are fairly easy ways to fake the caller ID.

Report it to the police and your wireless carrier if it is getting annoying.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
If you have an Android phone you can download "Callfilter" from the market. It's the best thing since sliced bread. Truly.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by stealthmonkey
for the past few days i have been getting prank calls and texts. someone whos voice i donot recognise but they seem to know who i am if anyone can find any information on this # 207-517-6371 i would appreciate it all i could find is the # is from Portland, Me. im not sure if this is ok with the t&c but if anything else if your bored call them and see if you can get a name

It's a private cell phone number...

who-calls.com...
Search
Directory

Search the number:
using the full number using the part of text

(207) 517-6371 number page
General information
Local area or mobile operator code 207
Range of numbers 5175000-5187499
(207) 517-6370 ← (207) 517-6371 → (207) 517-6372

Add comment to the number 207-517-6371 Subscribe to comments of 207-517-6371 Get the button with the link to number info
Number comments
There is no one comments. Make the first comment!

Commentators
Favorites

Alex(1)

edit on 31-7-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Return the favor and make a game of it.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I hope my little story helps: (You should know that back then, there were only land-line phones, generally one per residence and most calls were of an important nature and not to be ignored.)

When I was newly married, I used to scrub and wax my entire downstairs (floors) every Friday night. Without fail, it seemed that as soon as I was done, some yo-yo would call me, and not say a word, just breath heavy. You guessed it--I had to walk across my waxed (and still damp) floor to get to the phone. Yes, I was mad and left the yo-yo know it. What do you think happened? Yep, the yo-yo continued to call; I was giving yo-yo what he/she wanted: attention and possibly to upset me.
After several weeks, I decided to take a new tack. I no longer expressed my outrage; I now called the yo-yo "shy person" and asked why he/she wouldn't talk to me. I informed "shy person" that I was usually fairly easy to talk to and perhaps I could help "shy person". "Shy person" never did talk to me, but after a few weeks those calls ceased. I was not meeting "shy person's" needs...
edit on 31-7-2012 by Habit4ming because: forgot a word

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Originally posted by stealthmonkey

It's a private cell phone number...

who-calls.com...
Search
Directory

Search the number:
using the full number using the part of text

(207) 517-6371 number page
General information
Local area or mobile operator code 207
Range of numbers 5175000-5187499
(207) 517-6370 ← (207) 517-6371 → (207) 517-6372

Add comment to the number 207-517-6371 Subscribe to comments of 207-517-6371 Get the button with the link to number info
Number comments
There is no one comments. Make the first comment!

Commentators
Favorites

Alex(1)

i know its a private number thats why im asking if theres any of finding out who it is

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Try this if you are willing to fork out some cash for it.

beenverified.com

It says it has a name and address.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
You can also get an app to block unwanted calls. Add the number to your blacklist, and it also blocks texts.

You can either just block the call, or choose a message to reply with.

Either way, it's an amazing app, and free. It is for Andriod, Call Blocker. I use it and love it.

I am sure that whatever cell phone you have, you can get a free app to block calls. Don't fret over it, it is probably someone that knew the person that had the number before you and can't figure out why you are answering the phone.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by stealthmonkey

Well...you don't have to be rude. You were the one asking for help, after all. I called the number. It went to voice mail after about 7 rings. The recording sounded like a teenage girl's voice. The message said, the party you've called is not available. They know you called. End of message, no part of the message did it say to leave a call back number.

I'll call it again in the morning. It sounded like a high school girl.

ETA: If I get voice mail again, I''ll try to leave a message telling them you posted their number on a huge internet forum.
because they've been harassing you and you don't know who they are. That the whole forum is now going to track her down. That should put a stop to your calls.

Des

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Wow, you know, I now wonder if he posted her number to get people to call and harrass HER. It's too long now for him to go back and edit the post, so he will have to contact a mod to ask that the number be removed.

I think you should do exactly what you said, and go ahead and call in the morning. I am interested to hear what she says about having her number plastered all over a forum, and see who it is she may have had a recent falling out or confrontation with.

Things like this can sometimes not end so well.

Keep us posted!

ETA: I was actually watching this thread for a while, I fully expected a mod to edit the post to begin with. I thought it was against the T&C. *shrug*
edit on 1-8-2012 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   
I got one Friday. It was just my son's friends dicking about.
They forgot to block the number.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

Liberty...that was my thinking also, he posted her number for other reasons than stated. If I do call her again, and get an answer, I'll suggest she change her number. That phone games can lead to not so fun times.

I'm an old lady, phone games allude me. I think it's not the brightest game to play.

I don't understand why the OP didn't just call himself, or report it to his service provider, if he was really that upset.

Something is off-kilter here...yes?

Des

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

i did call it and i got the same recording as you did nobody ever answers i think its a fake number and my op was completely honest there not threatning me or anything i just dont know who it is

new topics

top topics

join