It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitt Romney 'Didn't Pay Any Taxes For 10 Years'

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Originally posted by Sparky63

Why should Romney cooperate with Reid's ridiculous demand?

Well it became customary for presidential candidates to do that. The fact the he didn't do it is in itself a red flag, period. Romney is under no obligation to brush his teeth either, but a lot of people would take this for granted.

Romney is playing this right. All the Democrats want is more ammunition in their class warfare agenda.

Seeing the development of situation in this country, they are clearly on the defense in this warfare and losing rapidly. You must know how income distribution changed in the past 20 years and how many jobs we lost. Having said that, let's assume that they do indeed want ammunition. And it seems to many that they know where to find it, because Romney being secretive about what people didn't even think was secret speaks volumes.

Romney gains nothing by releasing this info.

And I thought credibility was priceless...
Just insert Obama for Romney!

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gridrebel

Why should Romney cooperate with Reid's ridiculous demand?

Well it became customary for presidential candidates to do that. The fact the he didn't do it is in itself a red flag, period. Romney is under no obligation to brush his teeth either, but a lot of people would take this for granted.

Romney is playing this right. All the Democrats want is more ammunition in their class warfare agenda.

Seeing the development of situation in this country, they are clearly on the defense in this warfare and losing rapidly. You must know how income distribution changed in the past 20 years and how many jobs we lost. Having said that, let's assume that they do indeed want ammunition. And it seems to many that they know where to find it, because Romney being secretive about what people didn't even think was secret speaks volumes.

Romney gains nothing by releasing this info.

And I thought credibility was priceless...
Just insert Obama for Romney!

I would, but Obama's taxes have been made public. I don't like Obama that much anyhow, but Romney just seems a choice POS with his declaration that he wants every American to have a house with a golf course. Sure Mitt, we are idiots.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Something to talk about...

Did Romney enable company's abusive tax shelter?

Thread

Mitt Romney Started Bain Capital With Money From Families Tied To Death Squads

Thread

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Americanist

Who gives a crap.

This guy is going to run the country wether you like it or not.

It has nothing to do with taxes.

Half the politicians have offshore accounts including the clintons the pelosi's and any other that you could name.

If you dug into there tax records you would find a treasure trove of political fodder.

Lets see.

Have a community organizer run the country .

Or have a extremly successful buisnessman run the country.

Oh ahm let me see sips the koolaids and says. Ill take the community organizer for 30 trillion.

Bunch of DDD's.

edit on 8-8-2012 by Rocky Black because: typos

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rocky Black
reply to post by Americanist

Who gives a crap.
This guy is going to run the country wether you like it or not.

Dude, you can make some SERIOUS money with a bookie.

It has nothing to do with taxes.

Of course not with taxes per se, taxes schmuxes, but with the character of the candidate.

Half the politicians have offshore accounts

Can we please pick someone from the other half?

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Unbelievable to me, is that Romney want's to run on his record as a business man - but then he wants all his tax records off limits, all his financial dealings off limits, declares he is not a business, and refuses to provide any details about the business culture he established at Bain Capital. He even took all his records and hard drives from his tenure as governor and had them destroyed. That leaves us... nothing... to base an opinion of him on. Except Romneycare and a corrupt Olympic event in Utah.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by oxykerfluffle
Unbelievable to me, is that Romney want's to run on his record as a business man - but then he wants all his tax records off limits, all his financial dealings off limits, declares he is not a business, and refuses to provide any details about the business culture he established at Bain Capital. He even took all his records and hard drives from his tenure as governor and had them destroyed. That leaves us... nothing... to base an opinion of him on. Except Romneycare and a corrupt Olympic event in Utah.

Almost sounds like Obama sealing his records. Hmmm, wonder what their both hiding.
Maybe Obama should set the example and truly embrace transparency. That would really make Romney look bad.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Sparky63

to what records do you refer? I don't buy into the birther nonsense, as far as I'm concerned he released his BC and hawaii confirmed his BC was valid, several times over. I don't buy into the nonsense about school records, since those are automatically sealed for all students everywhere. Obama did release his tax records, so did Biden.

We have Romney a candidate with all sorts of business entanglement overseas, records of funding companies that "pioneered" high-tech outsourcing to China, meeting with El Salvadorian investors with connections to Death Squads, and one of his own Bain execs saying he hadn't paid any income taxes for a 10 year period because of all the loopholes he took advantage of. He wants to hide all those offshore accounts. Everything about Mitt Romney screams un-American.

I'm a hard core conservative, never voted Democrats, ever. But this is too much, the GOP is dead, if I have to i'll write in Ron Paul, but Romney is the opposite of what a good Republican should be. Romney is exactly what Republicans used to stand AGAINST.

If Romney continues to refuse to release at least a decade of tax releases, I'll know he is at minimum unethical and shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the white house.
edit on 15-8-2012 by oxykerfluffle because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Almost sounds like Obama sealing his records. Hmmm, wonder what their both hiding.
Maybe Obama should set the example and truly embrace transparency. That would really make Romney look bad.

Sparky, this thread is NOT about Obama. Please re-read the title, I think you are mighty confused. I repeat, this is not about Barack Hussein Obama, it's about Willard Mitt Romney.

Real Mitt Romney please stand up.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Sparky, this thread is NOT about Obama. Please re-read the title, I think you are mighty confused. I repeat, this is not about Barack Hussein Obama, it's about Willard Mitt Romney.

Real Mitt Romney please stand up.

I'm quite sure that you can see in my post that I implied that Romney may have something to hide.The additional reference to Obama is not off topic in my opinion. You can rest assured that I am not confused at all, but maybe you are.If there is something I can clarify for you please let me know, I will do my best to clear up any misunderstanding.

edit on 8/15/2012 by Sparky63 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/15/2012 by Sparky63 because: added comment

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
If the voters saw 1/10th of the skeletons hiding in Mitt's tax records, they wouldn't vote for this jackal.

He is living proof his party robs from the poor to reward the wealthy. The new name for "trickle-down economic" should be Romney-hood. Rob from the poor, give to the rich.

Pretty ironic that Mitt demanded several years worth of taxes from his VP candidates, but then won't release his own. Now with Ryan the selection, Ryan himself won't release more than the last two year's worth of taxes - because to release more would only show up his boss Mitt.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by RancorXXX
Now with Ryan the selection, Ryan himself won't release more than the last two year's worth of taxes - because to release more would only show up his boss Mitt.

This is getting more pathetic by the minute!

The GOP is welcome to see his records but general public isn't.

Wow. Some sort of Stalinist/Nazi nonsense.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
As long as Mitt didn't break the law I have no problem with him keeping as much of his hard earned cash as possible. In fact I respect him more as a businessman with a firm grasp on how to increase wealth for doing so.
If the Democrats have proof that Romney broke the law I will be the first in line to demand justice. But until that happens, I consider this just dirty politics. Harry Reid should put up or shut up. If he has a legitimate source then he should name them and get this all out in the open.
edit on 8/15/2012 by Sparky63 because: added comment

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

As long as Mitt didn't break the law I have no problem with him keeping as much of his hard earned cash as possible. In fact I respect him more as a businessman with a firm grasp on how to increase wealth for doing so.

We all want to learn from him! If he really has best interests of capitalism and general public in heart, he must share this know-how right away! Otherwise, he's just a hypocrite who wants to keep these secrets all to himself!

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
...We can't know for sure because he is too cowardly and entitled to release his returns (even the one year he has released is incomplete), even as he demanded from his potential VP picks years of their returns. So he clearly feels he has a right to get theirs to make a sound judgment, but that somehow the voters are not entitled to the same from him. What a total hypocrite and a wuss.

One thing we DO KNOW for sure. If he winds and adopts the Ryan plant, he will pay less than one percent of his annual earnings in taxes. Ryan, like all the other extremists on the right, think it moral and just to tax the arduous labor of Americans, but not the fat cats who literally can sit on their asses and do nothing and live off untaxed interest or capital gains from their investments that sit there in offshore accounts.

Personally, I think that is bass ackwards. Let the coal miner keep every cent he earns in hard labor in the mines and tax the crap out unearned income from idle investment. In the word of the Right, this is literally true -- a rich kid living off a trust fund ought never to pay a dime in taxes, but the person breaking his or her backs in working class jobs that barely pay the rent need to be taxed to death. Yeah, that's moral. If you vote Right, THAT is what you believe and are signing up for.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Being UN-American like Mitt Romney might not be against the law, but I still don't want the guy to be my president. His record in Massachusetts is proof enough he is garbage.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Being UN-American like Mitt Romney might not be against the law, but I still don't want the guy to be my president. His record in Massachusetts is proof enough he is garbage.

Perhaps he should grab the bull by the horns and head back to Mexico. Seriously, you could set up your own Government with that kind of money. It wouldn't be any worse than what they have now?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join