It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitt Romney 'Didn't Pay Any Taxes For 10 Years'

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by 29to9
reply to post by Americanist

Here's the deal: No investor has access to Mitt Romney's personal income tax return information. But the administration does, and unauthorized disclosure of personal income tax return information is a crime (not to mention the little matter of the public not liking it when the White House attempts to use the IRS against its enemies). With Reid continuing to conceal the identity of the supposed "source," the press eventually is going to start asking if the source originates at the White House -- and at this pace those stories will be major headlines about a month or so before the elections.

So. Sen. Reid is either very quickly here going to have to admit he's been lying with reckless abandon on the Senate floor (which is actually going to be the better route for both him and his party) or he's going to continue to conceal the identity of his source and Washington reporters eventually will figure out it really can only be someone inside the administration or Romney's own tax attorney/accountant. But, if there's a source, there's a crime, and Reid's been aiding and abetting it, and worse, the only real possible source is the Obama administration.

What will probably happen is that the Washington reporters will just stop asking for his source and attempt to drop the issue all together. If it looks like Obama will be hurt the issue will suddenly become a non-issue. That is the way the MSM works when they get comfortable being little more than lap dogs to the liberal establishment.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by 29to9

Here's the deal: No investor has access to Mitt Romney's personal income tax return information.

No, but that's absolutely not required here. Any investor familiar with the tax code and approximate strategy that GE is using to funnel and assign its assets to various entities overseas will tell you with reasonable certainty that this is done with the sole purpose to avoid paying tax. And, as we know, GE paid a whopping $0.00 in taxes. If one observes a similar strategy in how Romney was managing his finances, a reasonable person would come to the same conclusion. And hey, if this wasn't true, Romney would have disclosed already.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

What about Harry Reid and ALL Politicians disclosing their tax info?
I am willing to bet that 0bama uses the same tax loopholes as Romney and any other person in their wealth status.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman
reply to post by buddhasystem

What about Harry Reid and ALL Politicians disclosing their tax info?
I am willing to bet that 0bama uses the same tax loopholes as Romney and any other person in their wealth status.

Not to split hair, but I doubt Obama is in nearly same position as Romney both in terms of actual wealth or ways to shift it.

I have nothing against politicians disclosing their taxes. That's a good idea. Maybe Romney can lead the way? He's supposed to be a leader, right?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

That rant on the Tea Party Conservatives Facebook page is amazing! St. Rollins, if you are ever in the Colorado Springs area I would gladly buy you dinner and drinks.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

I am willing to bet that 0bama uses the same tax loopholes as Romney and any other person in their wealth status

You would be wrong. Obama has release his tax records for the past 10 years.

Presidential Tax Returns - taxhistory.org

ETA: correction, Obama's released his returns for the last 12 years. The only year Romney released was 2010, and it wasn't even a complete release (Drudge Report - Romney's 2010 Tax Info Incomplete

Mitt Romney has not released his full tax records from 2010, and the missing portions include key documentation connected to his Swiss bank account. Romney revealed his 2010 return six months ago, but omitted his Report on Foreign Bank and Financial Accounts (FBAR). "The campaign has never told us why he had a Swiss bank account," said Rebecca Wilkins, senior counsel for federal tax policy at Citizens for Tax Justice, a nonprofit tax reform group. "It just looks bad."

edit on 7-8-2012 by Blackmarketeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

What about Obama's Barry Soetoro tax returns??
Sorry. Could not resist. Time for Reid to put up or shut up. Or its time for Romney to hold Obama's hand to the flame in an all out quid pro quo. Tax returns for Obama's Columbia Records, all of them including his application. All or nothing cage match. Will the Indonesian exchange student who rarely attended class come out the victor?? Doubt it.

Cheers!! Talk amongst yourselves....

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

[Romney's] tax returns for Obama's Columbia Records, all of them including his application

Yeah, because seeing Obama's freshman English grade is WAY more important than determining whether Romney paid any taxes at all for the last 10 years.

The whole "school transcript" argument is just another birther attack, after all the times the State of Hawaii has repeatedly came out and declared Obama's BC valid and issued by them in 1961, bither's just keep resetting the goal post.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

I just want to see Obama's application as a Foreign exchange student from Indonesia. He was adopted considering the fact that he assumed the name Soetoro. Did his mom ever change that? Legally?

'My name is Barry Soetoro. I am a third-grade student at SD Asisi. My mom is my idol. My teacher is Ibu Fer. I have a lot of friends. I live near the school. I usually walk to the school with my mom, then go home by myself. Someday I want to be president. I love to visit all the places in Indonesia. Done. The eeeeeeeeend,' the essay reads.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... ential-past.html#ixzz22smNKoK7

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho

I just want to see Obama's application as a Foreign exchange student from Indonesia. He was adopted considering the fact that he assumed the name Soetoro. Did his mom ever change that? Legally?

What you are doing here is a combination of ad-hom and bait and switch. You insisted that Obama would release his taxes. When you found he did, you decided to dig up something else. Here goes your credibility.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

What you are doing here is a combination of ad-hom and bait and switch. You insisted that Obama would release his taxes. When you found he did, you decided to dig up something else. Here goes your credibility.

I insisted that Obama would release his taxes?? Did I insist or even suggest that. I've always known about his tax returns. I asked for Barry Soetoro's tax returns
My credibility is till in tact. Sorry

I want Romney to get tough and call Obama's bluff. Clearly Reid is getting his marching orders from a higher power. Perhaps Reid would like to discuss his skyrocketing net worth while making a modest salary of a Senator for all of these years.
He's been a public servant for 25 years and his net worth has escalated to over $10 million? How about his returns while were at it?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
reply to post by jibeho

[Romney's] tax returns for Obama's Columbia Records, all of them including his application

Yeah, because seeing Obama's freshman English grade is WAY more important than determining whether Romney paid any taxes at all for the last 10 years.

The whole "school transcript" argument is just another birther attack, after all the times the State of Hawaii has repeatedly came out and declared Obama's BC valid and issued by them in 1961, bither's just keep resetting the goal post.

Birther Attack????

Yep, that and racism is the last thing you and other supporters got.
Oh, and I did not realize that YOU get to decide what is important and what is not.

Just another shinning example of the Liberal mindset. YOU get to deice for everyone else.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81

Originally posted by timetothink
reply to post by Ben81

He paid his taxes and gave 20% TO CHARITY......for the love god stop listening to Harry Reid of all people.

I have heard otherwise on the Obama ad
that he have millions placed accross the world
he is a GREEDY man .. thats why i dispise him
edit on 7/31/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

Not greed..... The spin in his mind might read something like this:

To he that have, more will be given...

I believe this common saying was originally applied to the teachings of Christ. One can imagine how some one could take it to apply to riches. If he was speaking of wisdom, light, and spiritual understanding, I can see how this is true. Those who reject enlightenment do so at their own peril. If you listen to lies, you have nothing, and will have even less, as you continue to bask in folly. One day you won't be allowed to speak, if you tarry in oppressive places.
edit on 8-8-2012 by davidmann because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   

oh man.....I am happier to be alive after reading that.....

I love people.....we rock.....

so good, so correct so, perfect....

long live the F bomb.....it is conducive to waking the F up!!!!

George Carlin would be proud.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   

I insisted that Obama would release his taxes?? Did I insist or even suggest that. I've always known about his tax returns. I asked for Barry Soetoro's tax returns

I thought your point was that Barry was the same person as Obama. At least you admit that Obama did release his taxes and Romneybot did not.

I want Romney to get tough and call Obama's bluff.

...and what better way to do it other than simply send a stack of tax returns to Reid! Reid would be sooooo ashamed, and you'll be so happy, right! Are you holding your breath for this? I hope not.

Perhaps Reid would like to discuss his skyrocketing net worth while making a modest salary of a Senator for all of these years.
He's been a public servant for 25 years and his net worth has escalated to over $10 million? How about his returns while were at it?

So are you going to try and punish Reid for being a successful capitalist? What crass hypocrisy. And Reid is not running anyhow...

If Romney's taxes were NOT a big deal, we'd see them by now.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Why should Romney cooperate with Reid's ridiculous demand? Reid already looks like a liar and a hypocrite, the White House look like spineless cowards for refusing to condemn Reid. Romney has the high ground and can keep by keeping the heat on Reid to back up his outlandish claim, which he obviously can't do without revealing his so called source.
The GOP needs to stop taking the bait.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sparky63
Why should Romney cooperate with Reid's ridiculous demand?

Well it became customary for presidential candidates to do that. The fact the he didn't do it is in itself a red flag, period. Romney is under no obligation to brush his teeth either, but a lot of people would take this for granted.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Well it became customary for presidential candidates to do that. The fact the he didn't do it is in itself a red flag, period. Romney is under no obligation to brush his teeth either, but a lot of people would take this for granted.

Romney is playing this right. All the Democrats want is more ammunition in their class warfare agenda.
At this point Romney should refuse to play their game. I don't look at it as a red flag at all. Romney gains nothing by releasing this info.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81

Originally posted by timetothink
reply to post by Ben81

He paid his taxes and gave 20% TO CHARITY......for the love god stop listening to Harry Reid of all people.

I have heard otherwise on the Obama ad
that he have millions placed accross the world
he is a GREEDY man .. thats why i dispise him
edit on 7/31/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

So are you voting?????? By the way, MSM is not where you should be getting your info from. You base your info on a commercial??????? Hmmm, maybe you shouldn't vote. Then again, you're not even living in this country.
edit on 8-8-2012 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Romney is playing this right. All the Democrats want is more ammunition in their class warfare agenda.

Seeing the development of situation in this country, they are clearly on the defense in this warfare and losing rapidly. You must know how income distribution changed in the past 20 years and how many jobs we lost. Having said that, let's assume that they do indeed want ammunition. And it seems to many that they know where to find it, because Romney being secretive about what people didn't even think was secret speaks volumes.

Romney gains nothing by releasing this info.

And I thought credibility was priceless...

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join