It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitt Romney 'Didn't Pay Any Taxes For 10 Years'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3
I laughed when I read this story. A rumor and hearsay. Nothing more, yet the state run media is lapping it up.

I heard a rumor that Harry Reid is a child molester and has a dungeon in his basement, where he has children tied up. I don't know if it's true, but I'm pretty sure it's "new worthy".

You might be confusing Reid with Frank...

edit on 2-8-2012 by Americanist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Originally posted by PvtHudson
Not one shred of evidence to back this story up. but ATS and the MSM pounce anyway! Gotta deflect from the economy and get King O re-elected after all!

Out of curiosity, why do you call Obama "King O"?

Because the media treat him as if he were a dictator or king.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I haven't paid much in the last 10 years less than a thousand a year I think. It's just a matter of working the system

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by hp1229

Thats not what I heard The libs want to go even further back.

You go on and keep on defending him...I don't mind...the longer Romney refuses to release them...the more damage he does to himself.
Nope. I'm not defending him. I'm laughing at the lunacy on the left on this. The election times are the most pathetic and silliest to watch such dramas and commercials.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by hp1229

Thats not what I heard The libs want to go even further back.

You go on and keep on defending him...I don't mind...the longer Romney refuses to release them...the more damage he does to himself.
Nope. I'm not defending him. I'm laughing at the lunacy on the left on this. The election times are the most pathetic and silliest to watch such dramas and commercials.

Where there's teleprompters and endorsement deals you'll find the highest political office. I'd like to call that more pathetic than humorous. They got rid of soap operas because they weren't selling advertising space. I'm wondering what will happen in Washington as "The World Wakes Up."

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Americanist

That would be the day when the world finally wakes up. God help us.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Four pages and not one single verifiable fact. (lets go for five)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Maybe he did or maybe he didn't. Until we have evidence, it is rumor and hearsay. Something I would think was below someone in the position of Harry Reid. In fact, this might border on slanderous as it is damaging to his reputation and is completely without credible foundation.

Don't get me wrong, I don't like Mitt Romney....aka...Robo-Romney but I don't like him for what factual things I disagree with...not the rumors someone makes up to damage him further. Here's a clue. Just let him keep talking...he will do all the damage to himself and no one will need to make crap up.

Just my opinion though.
edit on 2-8-2012 by Jeremiah65 because: punctuation ticks

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Harry Reid hasn't changed his underwear in 10 years, at least that is what I heard. I have no proof mind you, but I believe it anyway. This is a serious accusation and therefore Reid has the responsibility of proving that he has indeed changed his drawers.
If only I had the MSM in my back pocket to run with this charge to make people believe that it really matteres to the average American!

Reid ought to be ashamed of himself. Is this what we can expect from Obama and his minions for the next few months?

Please someone give me some Soma and make this nonsense go away.
edit on 8/2/2012 by Sparky63 because: spelling alwasy spelling! *^&(**^(^#%$**(@#

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sparky63
Harry Reid hasn't changed his underwear in 10 years, at least that is what I heard.
Thats not what I heard.
I heard 20 years

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Yep, secret squirrel stuff with oh so clean Harry Reid.

Sorry, but without proof, it is just BS.

No one believes you Harry.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Harry Reid hasn't changed his underwear in 10 years, at least that is what I heard.
Thats not what I heard.
I heard 20 years

Either way, the seriousness of the charge demands an investigation. And if Reid refuses to release his laundry records then we must assume that he has something to hide.

This is the reason the the words, "dirty" and "politics" go together like peanut butter & jelly.
It will be interesting to see just how low the campaigns will sink this time around.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Harry Reid hasn't changed his underwear in 10 years, at least that is what I heard. Thats not what I heard.
I heard 20 years
This is the reason the the words, "dirty" and "politics" go together like peanut butter & jelly.
It will be interesting to see just how low the campaigns will sink this time around.
I laugh my butt off whenever I hear or see such allegations and mud slinging on the radio or tv/internet. It has become a joke to be honest.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Thats not what I heard.
I heard 20 years

Either way, the seriousness of the charge demands an investigation. And if Reid refuses to release his laundry records then we must assume that he has something to hide.

You may ask yourself... What and why to hide (typical of politicians):

Romney released tax records in January that showed he paid millions of dollars in taxes in 2010 and expected to pay $6.2 million in taxes for that year and 2011 combined.

But he has refused to release any more tax documents, prompting Democrats to accuse the former Massachusetts governor of having something to hide and possibly gaming the system.

Source

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
10 - 12 years doesn't seem to add up here either...

Leading House Democrats want to turn Mitt Romney’s enormous IRA into more than just a political problem.

Romney’s most recent financial disclosure form revealed that his tax-deferred individual retirement account holds upwards of $100 million — an amount that awkwardly showcases his enormous wealth but also raises legal and ethical questions.

IRAs are intended to allow workers to put away modest sums of money each year in order to help finance a middle class retirement. The savings are tax deferred, but there’s a legal limit — now $6,000 — on how much each IRA holder can contribute annually.

Source

Thread

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Perhaps when Obama releases some of his documents, like his college transcripts, the dems and Obama would not sound like such hypocrites by asking Romney to release some of his documents.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Here's the deal: No investor has access to Mitt Romney's personal income tax return information. But the administration does, and unauthorized disclosure of personal income tax return information is a crime (not to mention the little matter of the public not liking it when the White House attempts to use the IRS against its enemies). With Reid continuing to conceal the identity of the supposed "source," the press eventually is going to start asking if the source originates at the White House -- and at this pace those stories will be major headlines about a month or so before the elections.

So. Sen. Reid is either very quickly here going to have to admit he's been lying with reckless abandon on the Senate floor (which is actually going to be the better route for both him and his party) or he's going to continue to conceal the identity of his source and Washington reporters eventually will figure out it really can only be someone inside the administration or Romney's own tax attorney/accountant. But, if there's a source, there's a crime, and Reid's been aiding and abetting it, and worse, the only real possible source is the Obama administration.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaploink

Originally posted by timetothink
reply to post by Ben81

He paid his taxes and gave 20% TO CHARITY......for the love god stop listening to Harry Reid of all people.

Don't forget a large portion of that charity is the required 10% of your income to the Mormon church. Most Mormons do it, so it's not unusual or impressive at all.

Of course YOU, being the caring liberal that you are, also graciously offer a minimum of 10% of your income to charity, right? And, in the spirit of not being outdone by a greedy, white Mormon, you obviously grant another 10% of your income to charity as well, right?

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by pajoly

Wow. That FB post is priceless. The surest way to gauge one's level of knowledge and intelligence to ask if he or she is a Tea Party member. If he answers, "Yes," you know you are dealing with someone completely unable to separate lies from facts and hopelessly or to understand the distinction between an opinion and a fact. That person will answer EVERY policy question with a sound bite from FOX or Rush because she is incapable in independent critical thinking.

The irony buried in your ignorance is absolutely priceless, yet stunning. While you launch into endless ad hominems about the Tea Party, you do EXACTLY what you accuse them of - recite a sound bite from the DNC!!!

That person will answer EVERY policy question with a sound bite from FOX or Rush because she is incapable in independent critical thinking.

Care to share any of your OWN independent critical thinking!?

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by pajoly
reply to post by PvtHudson

"Romnet has one talent, and that's saying anything he needs to to win votes. Fortunately for him, he is free to lie to his core voters, who are so informed and lazy they don't bother to learn that EVERY position he has taken this election is 180 degrees opposite from positions he has stated that are recorded all over YouTube. The man's a liar with zero convictions, not even his own faith since he has no balls to defend it and tries to pretend it does not exist.

All this stuff should, all this outright 180 degree lies and pandering should not earn your vote. The man is the greatest fraud every to run under the Republican brand.

Boy, pull out some of the unneccasry prose and you have a post about Obama! NEAT!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join