Mitt Romney 'Didn't Pay Any Taxes For 10 Years'

page: 1
20
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Harry Reid: Bain Investor Told Me That Mitt Romney 'Didn't Pay Any Taxes For 10 Years'



WASHINGTON -- Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) has what he says is an informed explanation for why Mitt Romney refuses to release additional tax returns. According a Bain investor, Reid charged, Romney didn't pay any taxes for 10 years.



Source

Guess it's all hearsay for now...



Romney recently told ABC News that he couldn't recall if there were years when he paid below the 13.9 percent tax rate that he paid in 2010. Although he said he was "happy to go back and look," his campaign declined to do just that.
edit on 31-7-2012 by Americanist because: (no reason given)




posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Whatever you do, don't talk about the economy, unemployment, gas prices, GITMO or any of the things Democrats and the media talked about during the last election. That would be bad for Obama....


+5 more 
posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson
Whatever you do, don't talk about the economy, unemployment, gas prices, GITMO or any of the things Democrats and the media talked about during the last election. That would be bad for Obama....


I hope it's bad for both of them... Jokes this old get boring.



posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Americanist
Harry Reid: Bain Investor Told Me That Mitt Romney 'Didn't Pay Any Taxes For 10 Years'



WASHINGTON -- Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) has what he says is an informed explanation for why Mitt Romney refuses to release additional tax returns. According a Bain investor, Reid charged, Romney didn't pay any taxes for 10 years.



Source

Guess it's all hearsay for now...



Romney recently told ABC News that he couldn't recall if there were years when he paid below the 13.9 percent tax rate that he paid in 2010. Although he said he was "happy to go back and look," his campaign declined to do just that.
edit on 31-7-2012 by Americanist because: (no reason given)


46% of Americans don't pay income taxes.......


+10 more 
posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions



posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Still can't believe this man made so much money, and managed to get so far in
his presidential campaign.............. He's a balloon...lol


He must be a front end for something more Intelligent.



posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Fitch303
 


Somewhat ties in when you put thought into it...




posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Americanist
 


This debate has already happened around here. Prove it. Better yet, let the IRS open an investigation. That is their job. Rest assured, Romney's tax records have been groomed with a fine tooth comb by an army of IRS agents. Furthermore, trust that his returns were prepared by highly skilled accountants and tax attorneys.



posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
BIG lie:


""Mitt Romney was audited once. The audit did not result in a fine or penalty. Mitt Romney has fully complied with U.S. law and he has paid 100 percent of what he has owed,” said Ryan Williams, a campaign spokesman. Brad Malt, the trustee who handles Romney’s personal finances has said there was an audit that took place more than a decade ago.
“Governor Romney has not been audited by the IRS in the last 10 years,” Malt said in January. “Mitt Romney has paid his taxes in full compliance with U.S. law, and he has paid 100 percent of what he has owed,” she said in a statement to ABC News.
As has previously been reported, in 2011, the Romneys will pay more than $3.2 million in taxes on $20.9 million in mostly investment income and will have donated more than $4 million to charity. In 2010, The Romneys paid more than $3 million in taxes on $21.6 million in mostly investment income and donated nearly $3 million to charity.”


abcnews.go.com...



posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Does that mean we can stop paying our taxes ?

he is no better then anybody else in the world
so we should have the same rights has mister Romney
if we live in the best democracy country in the world
he already make full of money and with this he pay no taxes ?

I think they are trying piss off the mass on purpose
because this is freakin unaceptable
liars and thiefts and beaten in the street in certain country to learn the common sense reason

but if we dont pay our dear taxes .. our things will be seized
they have no pity putting an entire familly to live in the streets

Its time this broken system ends for good



posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
You people that hate the rich really need psychological help....


Romney's money "parked" offshore:

"That fund, called BCIP Trust Associates III, is part of his individual retirement account and provided between $1,000,000 and $5,000,000 in income, the disclosure shows. David S. Miller, a tax attorney with Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP in New York, told PolitiFact that tax-exempt entities, including IRA accounts, sometimes invest through Cayman Islands corporations to reduce their U.S. taxes. "Congress did not deliberately allow tax-exempts to reduce their U.S. taxes by investing through Cayman Islands corporations," Miller said.

"However, the practice is widespread and the IRS has approved of it."

Notice the last line IRS APPROVED!!!!!!!!! And then: "He went on to emphasize that each of the Cayman funds files a U.S. tax return, which reports the blind trust's share of the fund income.

"Every dime of that, in turn, is reported on Gov. Romney's tax returns," Malt said."

www.politifact.com...
edit on 31-7-2012 by timetothink because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
reply to post by Americanist
 


This debate has already happened around here. Prove it. Better yet, let the IRS open an investigation. That is their job. Rest assured, Romney's tax records have been groomed with a fine tooth comb by an army of IRS agents. Furthermore, trust that his returns were prepared by highly skilled accountants and tax attorneys.


Asking for the truth from the IRS is pretty much the same as asking a prostitute for a hug. You're getting robbed either way.



posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81
 


He paid his taxes and gave 20% TO CHARITY......for the love god stop listening to Harry Reid of all people.



posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
reply to post by Ben81
 


He paid his taxes and gave 20% TO CHARITY......for the love god stop listening to Harry Reid of all people.


I have heard otherwise on the Obama ad
that he have millions placed accross the world
he is a GREEDY man .. thats why i dispise him
edit on 7/31/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Sure, the IRS didn't pick up they were loosing MILLIONS of dollars....

Really, people believe this>? As bad as the birthers, this country has lost its mind!



posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81
 


Research the facts from the IRS yourself....not the Obama ad...that is not denying ignorance....the ad lies....


I just posted the proof above.



posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
reply to post by Ben81
 


He paid his taxes and gave 20% TO CHARITY......for the love god stop listening to Harry Reid of all people.


Don't forget a large portion of that charity is the required 10% of your income to the Mormon church. Most Mormons do it, so it's not unusual or impressive at all.



posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

The unsubstantiated allegation about Romney’s taxes was based on what Reid described as the recollection of an unnamed Bain investor.

Reid admitted he did not know if the claim was true, but aired it anyway
reply to post by Americanist
[more

freebeacon.com...



You should be ashamed for even repeating this lie.



posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaploink
 


How nice of you to say 3-4 million dollars is not impressive at all...you do know conservatives in general give more % wise to charity than libs right?



posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson
Whatever you do, don't talk about the economy, unemployment, gas prices, GITMO or any of the things Democrats and the media talked about during the last election. That would be bad for Obama....


Don;t see how you miss the point entirely, but I'll try to help.

Mitt Romney is part of the problem. Giant tax breaks for corporations which outsource is an economic cancer.





top topics
 
20
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join