It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress Wants to See Obama's "License to Kill"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Personally I'd like to see George W. Bush's/ Cheney's licence to kill.

Why is congress so worried about Obama yet ignore the senseless killing of hundreds of thousands of innocent people by bush (aka: cheney's puppet)

I'm not giving Obama a pass here, but don't go blaming one unless your willing to blame the other as well.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Didn't they put it up next to his birth certificate?

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by tw0330
Personally I'd like to see George W. Bush's/ Cheney's licence to kill.

Why is congress so worried about Obama yet ignore the senseless killing of hundreds of thousands of innocent people by bush (aka: cheney's puppet)

I'm not giving Obama a pass here, but don't go blaming one unless your willing to blame the other as well.

While there is plenty of senseless killing, what is being pointed out by JPZ is that Obama is ordering the killing of US citizens abroad as well. This is a circumventing the whole right to due process that is afforded US citizens

However, I am more of the kind that believes in the mantra "Where there is liberty, there is my country". Thus, the whole "rights" thing extends to everyone. Dur process is circumvented with each and every drone strike. That, to me, is criminal.

But as it pertains to the specific issue put forth here, it is relating to US citizens being targeted abroad. We don't have to argue the semantics of citizenship to agree that this is illegal.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux
reply to post by nunyadammm

Yeah, it is my fault your link was broken. What can I do to make that up to you?

The link in the O.P. wasn't broken. Google works. Blame is irrelevant. You couldn't be bothered to do the research and now you're just deflecting. The post below this one only reveals your motives in this thread and it isn't to discuss the topic.

And you have still not addressed my concern for "American citizens" who live in other countries and wage war against America. What are you deflecting from?
I asked about perspective because of how you post.
You seem to think that all of your opinions are the only ones that can ever be seen as valid the world over.
I am curious, especially given the topic of THIS THREAD, if you ever have a moment of reflection about that.

You have not addressed any of the relevant things I have said. All you have done is whined about how your link was broken and you do not think I read your OP. OK, now that you got that out of the way, let's discuss the topic. I have already begun and am waiting for you to address that.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by nunyadammm

Why don't you speak to what I actually said in my Opening Post:

Oh yes you do need those stinking badges and we're the ones who issue those badges, see? If you want a license to kill, Mr. President, we may grant you one, but don't think for a single second that you alone get to kill without a license, that's Congress' job and if we're going to let you do it too then you're going to have to ask for our approval first. We don't mind you killing American's Mr. President. What we mind is that you're doing it without our consent.

There is nothing about my O.P., nor any subsequent post to justify your egregious strawman arguments. I don't know who it is you think you are debating, but it certainly ain't me. Do you care to speak to what I actually said, or do you want to keep making stuff up?

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
This is a very eye opening thread...I dont understand why congress has been so calm about this. i know i would be slamming my fist and demanding answers too why our OWN people are being targeted and killed. This makes me wonder how far these murders have went and too what extent they will go too cover them selves. The whole world really needs too open there eyes as im sure obama and his cabinet arent the only ones controlling drones and dropping bombs on people for unjust reasons. Thanks for posting making this a very interesting thread everyone! keep up the good work!

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

I am not really sure what you think I made up here.
I do not understand what you do not understand.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   

To be honest I was completely unaware that American citizens had been murdered by drone(s) overseas. I really feel inept on this issue and thank you for bringing it forward. I am honestly afraid of what these drones are going to be bringing to American soil. Will we the people become enslaved to a machine or machines (literally and at a greater capacity than we already are)?

That is an absolutely honest question that only time will tell I assume. So many of us are content feeding on what's provided via the television and mainstream media. I know private parties have been authorized to fly their own drones over US soil. From what I gather the details aren't being made readily available as to where...

I suppose in the near future we'll begin to hear how innocent citizens will be "shooting down" drones to protect their privacy... in return they'll be rewarded with a felony(s). It's plausible but disgusting none the less.

Rounding back to the subject I guess we'll see if there really are people that are "for the people" of the USA. With this case being brought forward and executives being challenged... well I'm also keeping my eyes on this.
Cheers.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
He's got an intern making one in Photoshop right now. Just please, flatten the image before saving it. Leaving layers is sloppy work, after all.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
He shall serve four more years, then reappears as the UN leader.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

reply to post by WorkingClassMan

Get down off your high horse & smell the dirt you shovelling.

If you have the audacity to ride a high horse next to me, you best learn to keep up. You've revealed your agenda the moment you labeled I and others "civil libertarians" and your disgust for such people speaks volumes to what you really stand for and it sure as hell isn't regard for others. Why not just remind everyone that America at one time had states that relied on slavery for economy? Why not remind everyone that America once engaged in genocide of the native people's? Why not just pull out every off topic accusation you can muster and think that riding a high horse.

Derailing threads with strawman arguments is hardly a way to take a high horse rider down. I'll stay on my high horse and not look back and worry about the bitter souls who know not how to ride the beast.

I'm an Australian & was once a stock man so I doubt I will have trouble keeping up especially since I'm used to stock horses & judging by your post your riding a Timor pony (a high horse for some I know).
My agenda does not need to be revealed it was never a secret, my agenda is equality for ALL and a better world. Sorry if that contradicts with your Team USA holier than thou attitude, actually I'm not sorry.

Since you have trouble comprehending me I'll get the crayons out and draw you a picture even you should be able to understand.
If you are one of these civil libertarians who cry all the time about stupid breaches to your bill of rights/constitution/whatever yet is happy for your PTB to assassinate people on the other side of the world with no more due process than I said he is the enemy & I want him dead, then you need to wake up to yourself.

If you are one of these civil libertarians who cry all the time about stupid breaches to your bill of rights/constitution/whatever yet is happy for your PTB to assassinate people on the other side of the world with no more due process than I said he is the enemy & I want him dead, as long as he isn't American. Then don't bother opening your eyes just take a long walk of a short pier cause you are a disgrace to not just good Americans but the world.

Is that clear enough for you, cause I don't have time nor the inclination to undo all the brain washing you have obviously been subject to.

Why would I bring up your use of slave labour or genocide of your indig populations, these are old news everyone is aware of. I do know however why you bring it up, DEFLECTION same reason you try to use fancy words like strawman, or manipulate my statements, (learning from MSM are we) did you hear that one round the school yard, next time try this one RACIST it's probably as good an argument as you could throw together.

Tell me how this doesn't reek of Team Amerika bull crap, you will notice from their words no one gives a toss about peoples civil rights, let alone their basic human right to live, as long as they aren't American.

From the OP:
"legislators are pushing the administration to explain why it believes it's legal to kill American terror suspects overseas."

" outlining the legal justification for killing Americans overseas without charge or trial."

"Mr. Attorney General, will you please tell us the legal authority by which you claim the authority to kill American citizens abroad?"

Here is some straw man for you:
Cassius Clay
If we accept and acquiesce in the face of discrimination, we accept the responsibility ourselves and allow those responsible to salve their conscience by believing that they have our acceptance and concurrence. We should, therefore, protest openly everything... that smacks of discrimination or slander.

Du Bois said it nicely accept now you have a new seal & it reflects the thinking it's non Americans.
The seal and the constitution, reflects the thinking of the founding fathers that this was to be a nation by white people, and for white people. Native Americans, Blacks, and all other non-white people, were to be the burden bearers for the real citizens of this nation.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

My agenda does not need to be revealed it was never a secret, my agenda is equality for ALL and a better world. Sorry if that contradicts with your Team USA holier than thou attitude, actually I'm not sorry.

I am long on record in this site for fighting tooth and nail for the unalienable rights of all people everywhere. I am long on record for going toe to toe with so called "patriotic Americans" that want to insist that The Constitution of the United States Bill of Rights only applies to Americans and I am long on record for insisting that all people everywhere are the holders of the inherent political power.

Your most imprudent presumptions that I am anything other than what I have just said exposes your profound arrogance. You have no idea what a high horse is, my friend and the big difference between you and I is that I am not at all on record for making stupid assumptions about a single member from Australia based upon the history of Australia, while you are on record for...well, for foolishly assuming you knew my political and philosophical stance. All you've managed to prove is how very little you truly know.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by nunyadammm

Do you ever wonder if being homeless has an impact on your perspective? This perspective you constantly try to remind others is the only one worth having, it has special roots doesn't it?

I am not a T&C stickler, but that seems like a very personal attack. What does JPZ's status have to do with the questions presented?!

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy

Do you ever wonder if being homeless has an impact on your perspective? This perspective you constantly try to remind others is the only one worth having, it has special roots doesn't it?

I am not a T&C stickler, but that seems like a very personal attack. What does JPZ's status have to do with the questions presented?!

I think this guy has me confused with someone else. I didn't even know how to reply to that post and it only left me confused on who he was actually talking to and as I stared at that post more, I sort of came off as if he was attempting to discredit me or something, but again, that was a way off left field post that made no sense, especially for a member who only just joined. If it was an attempt to discredit me, it speaks volumes to what he thinks of the homeless.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

I am long on record in this site for fighting tooth and nail for the unalienable rights of all people everywhere. I am long on record for going toe to toe with so called "patriotic Americans" that want to insist that The Constitution of the United States Bill of Rights only applies to Americans and I am long on record for insisting that all people everywhere are the holders of the inherent political power.

Your most imprudent presumptions that I am anything other than what I have just said exposes your profound arrogance. You have no idea what a high horse is, my friend and the big difference between you and I is that I am not at all on record for making stupid assumptions about a single member from Australia based upon the history of Australia, while you are on record for...well, for foolishly assuming you knew my political and philosophical stance. All you've managed to prove is how very little you truly know.

You claim to be such yet when the hypocrisy of your gov and in a lot of cases your people is shoved down your throat you still can't just say yes American policy is crap & no we shouldn't kill anyone instead of you shouldn't kill anyone American.

It was in YOUR links in the op mate do I need to re post them for you a second time, if you were so against it like you tried to make out in your OP you wouldn't have gone on the attack but you did even trying to quote me out of context, which you failed miserably at, then (probably) because you failed so miserably in that attack you went with the classic deflection maneuvers.
Sorry no points for originality for you today.

Only a self centered fool or an uneducated halfwit would interpret the following as being anti civil liberties, but you did, and then went on to admit that you have no problem with the below as indicated by this statement "I and others "civil libertarians" so thanks for showing your true colours. A woman's veggies get stomped you prepare for war, Team USA murders people including women and children and you don't have a problem AS LONG AS THEY AREN"T AMERICANS, cause that would violate their god given right to be better than everyone else.

"Cop turns up to inspect guns being sold at garage sale or council cuts down someones garden and all you civil libertarians come out crying about you rights this constitutions & amendments that. It's like these people have opened the gates to hell.

However take foreigners & torture them for years without trial or even charge and it doesn't count cause they aren't AMERICANS, which means they don't deserve the same rights as you."

Your arrogance is shinning like the light of a 1000 suns "If you have the audacity to ride a high horse next to me, you best learn to keep up"
You realise that smell isn't roses right?

Giddy up cowboy but don't fall.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

You claim to be such yet when the hypocrisy of your gov and in a lot of cases your people is shoved down your throat you still can't just say yes American policy is crap & no we shouldn't kill anyone instead of you shouldn't kill anyone American.

Not only am I long on record for calling U.S. policy on their crap the entire point of this thread was to do that. You're just licking your wounds because I called you on your ignorant generalizations.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by WorkingClassMan

It was in YOUR links in the op mate do I need to re post them for you a second time, if you were so against it like you tried to make out in your OP you wouldn't have gone on the attack but you did even trying to quote me out of context, which you failed miserably at, then (probably) because you failed so miserably in that attack you went with the classic deflection maneuvers.
Sorry no points for originality for you today.

Only a self centered fool or an uneducated halfwit would interpret the following as being anti civil liberties, but you did, and then went on to admit that you have no problem with the below as indicated by this statement "I and others "civil libertarians" so thanks for showing your true colours. A woman's veggies get stomped you prepare for war, Team USA murders people including women and children and you don't have a problem AS LONG AS THEY AREN"T AMERICANS, cause that would violate their god given right to be better than everyone else.

"Cop turns up to inspect guns being sold at garage sale or council cuts down someones garden and all you civil libertarians come out crying about you rights this constitutions & amendments that. It's like these people have opened the gates to hell.

However take foreigners & torture them for years without trial or even charge and it doesn't count cause they aren't AMERICANS, which means they don't deserve the same rights as you."

Your arrogance is shinning like the light of a 1000 suns "If you have the audacity to ride a high horse next to me, you best learn to keep up"
You realise that smell isn't roses right?

Giddy up cowboy but don't fall.

This post tells me that you obviously have run out of clues. You really, really just don't get it.

The OP was not saying that it was ok to kill anyone but Americans. It was calling out Congress for the desire to be in on the killing.

Really...you should just stop, go read the op, then discuss it. Don't cherry pick a nonargument by misconstruing. And when you do it with such a large ego, it makes me embarrassed for you. Like a guy who boldly exclaims he needs no light, he knows where he is going, then walks with resolve right off a cliff.
edit on 3-8-2012 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Sorry to be on-topic here, I know how many enjoy bashing the OP, any thought to what Romney will new with this "power to kill" if he gets elected?

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy

It does?
Is JPZ homeless himself?

I fail to see where he mentioned any such status.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   

I think this guy has me confused with someone else.

What do you think I am confused about who you are?

I didn't even know how to reply to that post and it only left me confused on who he was actually talking to and as I stared at that post more, I sort of came off as if he was attempting to discredit me or something, but again, that was a way off left field post that made no sense, especially for a member who only just joined. If it was an attempt to discredit me, it speaks volumes to what he thinks of the homeless.

Did I say anything negative about the homeless? NOPE. You two sure do hate the idea that I may have hinted that you were homeless. Odd that you would shy away from being called something you are also pretending to defend.

I never called you homeless. I asked you a question about perspective and I asked you based on your posts here on ATS and I believe I explained all this the last time. You could answer the question or not but I never said anything about where you actually live because I do not know and do not really care. Apparently wherever you live, there is a keyboard in arms reach ALLL DAY LONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG.

Why is it that all your responses to me (and about me now) are just personal? I am trying to discuss the topic here. You have not responded to any of the on topic things I have written. Instead you are going on about whether or not I called you homeless.

Get back to my posts and respond to the on topic stuff some time. I am positive you are a ton of fun to interact with.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join