It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress Wants to See Obama's "License to Kill"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   

That shift shows both Republicans and Democrats are growing impatient with the lack of transparency on targeted killings.

I have a feeling if Obama loses the election, the Republicans, other than a few libertarian leaning individuals, won't care about the lack of transparency. Not unlike how many Democrats became silent after Obama was elected.

Most of those in congress have little concern for human life. Only corporate and wall street profits are important.
edit on 1-8-2012 by Kaploink because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
He is Commander in Chief of the US Armed Forces.
Americans living overseas and fighting for the downfall of the USA make them 'the enemy'.
I'm pretty sure that means they fall into the 'okay to shoot on the battlefield' list.
I understand keeping an eye on the power of whoever is in the Oval Office.
I REALLY DO. I GET IT.
But we also have to be careful about tying the hands of the Commander in Chief.
If we do, then in the future wars will be lost due to a quagmire of political and legal red tape.

This is a tricky tricky tricky situation - gotta be careful not to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

These strikes are taking place in countries that the US is not at war with. And the wars are a different issue, for their illegal. And all wars are a racket run by the PTB.

But I suggest the American people chain their pitbulls, they don't have any right to go around using drones and killing foreigners or Americans overseas.

If they think these others are violating the laws of their own countries, and their own representatives somehow invited foreign police forces over, its not a liscence to kill, there is still due process.

But they're not allowed to walk all over the earth killing whom they wish.

I want our citizens released from jails, unless they're extreme harm to us, and these ones who are a harm to others, our corrupt leaders and those bildenberger's and corrupt policy makers put in jail for life, and they probably need solitary confinement because they can't be near a communication device, that could harm far too many.
edit on 1-8-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Originally posted by nunyadammm
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Really? Which Americans is he killing?

I was going to castigate you for not using the link I provided, not once, but twice so that you could find that answer out for yourself, but it appears as if the link in the post above yours was broken, and understanding that it was just way too much to ask you to go back to the O.P. to click that link to read the article you most assuredly haven't read, I went and fixed that link for you. Scroll up and you can now click the link to verify this:

Yeah, it is my fault your link was broken. What can I do to make that up to you?

After radical American-born cleric Anwar al-Awlaki, alleged American Al Qaeda propagandist Samir Khan, and Awlaki's 16-year-old son, Abdulrahman, were killed by drone strikes in Yemen in September and October of last year

You cannot expect to be informed if you are constantly demanding everyone else spoon feed you knowledge. Knowledge is something we all earn, and opinions...well, opinions come by easy and need not be earned at all.

You mean people that have declared war on the rest of us Americans not living in Yemen? Please help me feel sorry for this guy and see him as a fellow patriot.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Do you ever wonder if being homeless has an impact on your perspective? This perspective you constantly try to remind others is the only one worth having, it has special roots doesn't it?

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by nunyadammm

Yeah, it is my fault your link was broken. What can I do to make that up to you?

The link in the O.P. wasn't broken. Google works. Blame is irrelevant. You couldn't be bothered to do the research and now you're just deflecting. The post below this one only reveals your motives in this thread and it isn't to discuss the topic.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaploink

That shift shows both Republicans and Democrats are growing impatient with the lack of transparency on targeted killings.

I have a feeling if Obama loses the election, the Republicans, other than a few libertarian leaning individuals, won't care about the lack of transparency. Not unlike how many Democrats became silent after Obama was elected.

Most of those in congress have little concern for human life. Only corporate and wall street profits are important.
edit on 1-8-2012 by Kaploink because: (no reason given)

To be honest, that frighten me as well. I was amused by those who defended Obama with the thought that a republican may have the same authority.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by WorkingClassMan

Get down off your high horse & smell the dirt you shovelling.

If you have the audacity to ride a high horse next to me, you best learn to keep up. You've revealed your agenda the moment you labeled I and others "civil libertarians" and your disgust for such people speaks volumes to what you really stand for and it sure as hell isn't regard for others. Why not just remind everyone that America at one time had states that relied on slavery for economy? Why not remind everyone that America once engaged in genocide of the native people's? Why not just pull out every off topic accusation you can muster and think that riding a high horse.

Derailing threads with strawman arguments is hardly a way to take a high horse rider down. I'll stay on my high horse and not look back and worry about the bitter souls who know not how to ride the beast.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

All war is tricky but bogus wars are the trickiest of them all. A borderless "war" declared against ideologues is far more than "tricky", it is the height of insanity. Insanity on all levels when you consider there are actually people who seemingly have no vested interest in this borderless "war" other than nationalism. Imagine that! People justifying assassination of an ideologue caught up in a borderless war in the name of nationalism.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Due process still needs to be afforded to American's. ( I guess you can make the "he had a back pack nuke" argument ) in for assassination but still.

I find it funny that the MSM is mum about this, if this had been Bush oh man calls for his impeachment would have been screamed out ....

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
i want to see Congress's license to kill also.

neither one of them has the Constitutional authority to kill citizens without due process.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle

neither one of them has the Constitutional authority to kill citizens without due process.

Citizenship has nothing to do with it, and neither branch has the authority to kill people without due process of law. Citizenship is a privilege granted by government. Life is an unalienable right that preexists any government.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle

Citizenship has nothing to do with it, and neither branch has the authority to kill people without due process of law. Citizenship is a privilege granted by government. Life is an unalienable right that preexists any government.

be that as it may and i agree, all we have is the documents we all agreed to live by here in the US. without our original agreement in place, nothing really matters past that point. it's our contract we use to live by, it's nothing if one party decides to breech that contract and once that happens, all bets are off.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
These strikes are taking place in countries that the US is not at war with.

Modern day warfare isn't just country against country. It's entity against country as well.
Someone on the other side of the planet, plotting to kill Americans, is a legitimate kill target.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

People justifying assassination of an ideologue caught up in a borderless war in the name of nationalism.

People justify assassination of those who are trying to kill them in a borderless war .. in the name of keeping Americans safe and alive. Not nationalism ... but safety and security.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

People justify assassination of those who are trying to kill them in a borderless war .. in the name of keeping Americans safe and alive. Not nationalism ... but safety and security.

Wait, I'm sorry...who is being kept "safe and secure"? "Americans?" Certainly not "Americans" on foreign soil, just those within the national border, right?

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

~Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759~

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doom and Gloom

I like how you point out that the real issue isn't that Obama is killing people he deems a threat, yet Congress is angry that they are being left out of the process. They could care less about the people that are being killed, they are only concerned at their loss of the power of death.

No tears for the dead because:
The military is just doing its job in a professional and military manner.

(its job is to: kill people and destroy things: not policing or crowd control or "nation building"oreven "winning hearts and minds".).) The nature of Govt is the application of force.(listening "libbys"?) not doing favors and raking old people lawns. Govt by its very nature imposes force on others(laws/taxation police and military).

Kudos to congress for growing a pair; its way overdue.!!!!!
edit on 1-8-2012 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Wait a minute..do drones stop and ask for identification? No...well how the hell is this supposed to know who is American and who isn't?

Wait...oh it's conservatives..attempting to blow smoke up people's butts..

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
so obama needs a license to kill us citizens?

i hope he has a license to kill other country's citizens... or he in twubble

what makes an american life more important than another life?
its this bull# that makes everyone else in the world hate america

they aren't jealous of americas "awesomeness" as most americans may say...

they just don't liked to be looked down on by humans of equal value

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko
Wait a minute..do drones stop and ask for identification? No...well how the hell is this supposed to know who is American and who isn't?

Wait...oh it's conservatives..attempting to blow smoke up people's butts..

Ahhh....political trolling. So much less satisfying than actual discourse.

Congrats. You lowered the bar.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Obama 007 Obama
Dam that aint right.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join