It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress Wants to See Obama's "License to Kill"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
This video succinctly explains why Obama's ordered executions of anybody are illegal.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
So okay. I know it is really inconvenient but maybe it is time we vote on every single issue since we can not seem to trust our representatives to represent us! I personally work long, hard hours but am more than willing to take on more responsibility if it is the only way to get things done to the satisfaction of "the people"!

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Methinks he is a "0" but not a "00".

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
People replying to this post should watch their language, as JPZ will encourage. The president is not killing anyone, he is authorizing OTHERS to do the killing. He, like a local Police Chief, is insulated from any trouble through the process of authorization, just ike the local police.

Fact is, it is far more disconcerting that the local policy enforcement agency chief can, and regularly DOES, give orders for the men under his control to shoot to kill. The number of people the local policy enforcement officers kill in this country is shocking - these are the people that, 30 seconds before the kill, are supposed to protected by the shooter.

My point is, this presidential policy isn't new, or even unique, men of dubious authority are given, by the population who gives them authority, a unique position of being able to freely kill those they are supposed to "protect" or "work for" without much oversight or trouble. Very few officers or military men go to jail for killing another, and even fewer of the higher ups are even seriously questioned, let alone jailed for such matters. In Los Angeles Chief Daryl Gates dismissed questions about the horrific practices of the men under his charge - he who deemed the people who paid his salary needed to be controlled by serious military systems instead of peace officer community assistance, and created SWAT, which apparently is now used to deal with mother's who just won't give their kids drugs. SWAT were created to kill Americans, and are not subject to any sort of retribution on the killing the partake in.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

After running on the platform that Republicans will keep us safer by killing more terrorists this is hilarious. After watching the Republicans threaten that if Obama won the presidency that his appeasement to terrorists would be our death knell. After they bragged about how safe Bush kept us by doing what....SENDING PEOPLE TO KILL PEOPLE IN TWO ENTIRE COUNTRIES...now Obama is killing too many foreigners for them.

I love it love it love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by nunyadammm

now Obama is killing too many foreigners for them.

Giving you the benefit of the doubt and assuming you'll, at some point, go back and read that article, or at the very least that part of the article I quoted in the O.P. clarifying Congress' questioning a President to kill Americans, not "foreigners", I cannot help but wonder if you'll come back and regale us all with the little question mark confused emoticon.

edit on 31-7-2012 by Jean Paul Zodeaux because: Fixed broken link

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Really? Which Americans is he killing?

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by nunyadammm

Really? Which Americans is he killing?

I was going to castigate you for not using the link I provided, not once, but twice so that you could find that answer out for yourself, but it appears as if the link in the post above yours was broken, and understanding that it was just way too much to ask you to go back to the O.P. to click that link to read the article you most assuredly haven't read, I went and fixed that link for you. Scroll up and you can now click the link to verify this:

After radical American-born cleric Anwar al-Awlaki, alleged American Al Qaeda propagandist Samir Khan, and Awlaki's 16-year-old son, Abdulrahman, were killed by drone strikes in Yemen in September and October of last year

You cannot expect to be informed if you are constantly demanding everyone else spoon feed you knowledge. Knowledge is something we all earn, and opinions...well, opinions come by easy and need not be earned at all.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Kill millions of innocent civilians = no problem.
Kill foreigners = no problem.
Kill surrounding women & children just to kill one man = no problem
Kill 1 American overseas = Ohh my god, how dare he do such a thing doesn't he realise Americans are better than everyone else.
Who does this guy think he is violating our constitution, didn't someone tell him there is due process and innocent until proven guilty, bloody hell the nerve to lower an American to the standards of foreign people.

It just beggars belief it really does.

It beggars belief how self centered & arrogant you people are, it really does.
Finally getting a taste of your own medicine & from your own leader no less. lol

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by WorkingClassMan

It beggars belief how self centered & arrogant you people are

Uh-huh. Only the world wise and humble would make such a remark. Only the foolish and ignorant would make such a remark in this thread where the clear point has been made that this news story only reveals that Congress has no problem with killing, only problems with not being asked permission to kill. Only the narrow minded would use this thread to post presumptions that Americans, and in particular Americans who are members of ATS, don't care about the atrocities that have been committed in the name of 9-11.

I suppose you might want many to be as world wise and humble as you, but I would hope that instead these many are capable of using their critical thinking skills far better than the poster children for the world wise and humble.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux

It beggars belief how self centered & arrogant you people are

Uh-huh. Only the world wise and humble would make such a remark. Only the foolish and ignorant would make such a remark in this thread where the clear point has been made that this news story only reveals that Congress has no problem with killing, only problems with not being asked permission to kill. Only the narrow minded would use this thread to post presumptions that Americans, and in particular Americans who are members of ATS, don't care about the atrocities that have been committed in the name of 9-11.

I suppose you might want many to be as world wise and humble as you, but I would hope that instead these many are capable of using their critical thinking skills far better than the poster children for the world wise and humble.

Yeah sure mate 2 pages of crap is all we have here plus the drivel you just posted.

It's plain & clear from the comments made where your (and other Americans) stand.
It only counts if it happens to Americans as long as they don't do that it's fine nothing to see here.

Cop turns up to inspect guns being sold at garage sale or council cuts down someones garden and all you civil libertarians come out crying about you rights this constitutions & amendments that. It's like these people have opened the gates to hell.

However take foreigners & torture them for years without trial or even charge and it doesn't count cause they aren't AMERICANS, which means they don't deserve the same rights as you.

I stand by my comments you make me sick. How about you don't kill anyone without charge and due process, how about you don't count millions of foreigners as collateral damage.

Get down off your high horse & smell the dirt you shovelling.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
Americans SHOULD be marching to Washington on this issue alone...

Oh wait somethings on tv...

OMG! American Idol is on! Whose Barack Obama again?

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   
How do we know those people didn't defect and join a different cause? If they defected, then they aren't American and he has no right, or is he only allowed to kill Americans that are helping a terror cell? Then again who's to say who's a terror cell, it could be everybody! I can't stand people who can't get the right intelligence, which seems to happen a lot in our government system for some reason, why is that?
Why does our intelligence that reaches us on certain criteria usually 50% wrong most of the time?
..And they expect us to believe them every time, even when they are wrong! Always #ed up bull# every where, huh?

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
Americans SHOULD be marching to Washington on this issue alone...

Oh wait somethings on tv...

I was right with you on this one, till I saw that Victorias Secret Commercial come on! LOL!!

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
maybe this question belongs in a different forum ,but, im at a loss as to where or how we can awaken the american masses to the facts as is . I cant convince my own wife , who by the way holds two bs degrees and one ms degree and holding a high level food security (in country)upper level management position that issues like this are crucial to our future. She simply does not want to here it .

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   

What do we do when Congress sees the memo's and says "hey that's a pretty swell trick!" and then they have their own kill list?

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Maybe they want to protect Aliens from US?

Or maybe they don't want to come into the same situation like Bashar Al Assad ?

edit on 1-8-2012 by Galactic because: adding color

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
He is Commander in Chief of the US Armed Forces.
Americans living overseas and fighting for the downfall of the USA make them 'the enemy'.
I'm pretty sure that means they fall into the 'okay to shoot on the battlefield' list.
I understand keeping an eye on the power of whoever is in the Oval Office.
I REALLY DO. I GET IT.
But we also have to be careful about tying the hands of the Commander in Chief.
If we do, then in the future wars will be lost due to a quagmire of political and legal red tape.

This is a tricky tricky tricky situation - gotta be careful not to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
But of course Americans created more terrorists....we gotta have someone to fight in the war on terror right?

Even if it means we make some new ones and send them to another country to terrorize them.

Problem with the war on terror is, no one knows what side they are on.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   

So you don't understand the difference between the issue of war, and the issue of killing a citizen without trial? Just because we are outraged that one of our own would be summarily and unilaterally killed does not mean that everone condones the wars and Predator drone strikes.

To be honest, it feels kind of like words were forced into my mouth by your post. Nowhere in anything that I said, nor the majority of the posters in this thread, the things you are attributing.

There are two distinct issues between what you are saying, and what the premise of this thread is. YOur post amounts to little more than political trolling. And maybe even a little less.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join