It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wow ! Another ' Bird of Prey.' 31 July, 2012.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Yes, another "Object by the Sun video."
Seems this was just posted about a hour ago. Pretty dang interesting imho of course. I will let you folks judge for yourself.Call me crazy, but really, doesn't this seem like a pretty solid object to you? I mean there is a clear picture as you will see of a lit side and a shadowed side. You will see those around the .40 and .50 second marks.

Just for the record, a snip from the poster of the video:

SOHO Satellite Photo. Lasco C2. These pictures are easily checked at Link - sohodata.nascom.nasa.gov... www.facebook.com...
in other words for you professionals, the soho data.

Can't wait to hear what my fellow members think of this one. I think it is going to be a tickler...

You Tube Lnk just in case or for soho link

Disclaimer : The title is the original poster of the video
edit on 31/7/12 by onehuman because: (no reason given)

edit on 31/7/12 by onehuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Just a thought. Any chance this massive sightings seen near the sun are actually "solar sails" in operation?
I rarely read the sun anomaly posts, so forgive me if this has been addressed.

Solar Sails (Google Image Search)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by exdog5

I like your idea of that. I mean my first thought was maybe just one of our satellites, not necessarily a alien entity, though I wonder about that too...Have to leave that option open, but I know we must have things up there ourselves that we the little people arent aware of except for our guesses and dreams...

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

doesn't this seem like a pretty solid object to you?

No. It looks like the result of cosmic rays striking the sensor. It happens quite frequently. As always, it appears in a single frame. Not in the frame before and not in the frame after.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
About 10 years ago or so I went out and bought myself a 5" telescope and a solar filter.

Finally in the last few years I have been able to do some photography. Now I have seen the Moon eclipse the sun, both Mercury and Venus transits. But I have yet to see anything of this scale cross the sun.

Can you explain to me why?

Also consider getting yourself a scope and watch the sun it will be healthier than sitting looking at LASCO data and jumping to unfounded conclusions. You might actually learn something too!
edit on 31-7-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

Believe me if I could I would buy myself a scope, but alas my reality of life must come first. Hence little things like food, rent, gas,etc., Im sure you get my point. This is why I suppose I find soho and the rest so interesting. At least I am getting a glimpse and I get to learn as I go along from all our esteemed members we have here.

I do have to say this though, as much as you and others look through scopes around the world, there have been as many pilots flying. Many or most of them have seen nothing like you and your scope, but, there is always the handfull that have. I just cant wrap my head around all that has been seen is explainable.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

No. It looks like the result of cosmic rays striking the sensor. It happens quite frequently. As always, it appears in a single frame. Not in the frame before and not in the frame after.

You do know the frame rate right 1 every 12 or 24 minutes.

Also, that structure has shown up n multiple occasions. Probability suggests it is something other than "cosmic rays".

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Ok, I'll play devil's advocate.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

Im on my phone and not able to see that picture very clearly. May I ask what you are reffering to as the advocate? I know what it mean, just not following reference. Thanks

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

Last week I gave Human Alien a hard time for posting glitches around the sun. The poster above me mentioned seeing one that looked similar, so I posted it.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnthraAndromda

Originally posted by Phage

You do know the frame rate right 1 every 12 or 24 minutes.

Also, that structure has shown up n multiple occasions. Probability suggests it is something other than "cosmic rays".

Cosmic rays are pretty common.

sungrazer.nrl.navy.mil...
Cosmic rays are very high energy particles which come from a variety of sources (e.g. solar flares, supernovae). They are of interest to lots of astronomers, but mostly just noise for us. We see lots of them in every image and occasionally, 3 or 4 of them hit the CCD in just the right places in consecutive images to fool us into believing there is a real object there. The cosmic rays can show up as points or as streaks. (helios.gsfc.nasa.gov...). Click on the image on the left to see typical examples of cosmic rays visible in LASCO images. (Note: ellipse = cosmic ray, circle = star.)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by onehuman
reply to post by abeverage

Believe me if I could I would buy myself a scope, but alas my reality of life must come first. Hence little things like food, rent, gas,etc., Im sure you get my point. This is why I suppose I find soho and the rest so interesting. At least I am getting a glimpse and I get to learn as I go along from all our esteemed members we have here.

I do have to say this though, as much as you and others look through scopes around the world, there have been as many pilots flying. Many or most of them have seen nothing like you and your scope, but, there is always the handfull that have. I just cant wrap my head around all that has been seen is explainable.

Before I bought my scope as a matter of fact two and half years before I went to a Park and there was an astronomy club showing off the sun. I looked through the scope and saw my first sunspot with my own eyes and I was hooked! I joined the club immediately to learn how to operate a telescope and to learn about the sky, they loaned me my first scope FREE (worth at least $800) but I of course had been a member for a few months and paid some small dues. But I learned how to operate it and decided to scrimp and save and buy my own (birthdays and Christmas I asked to put toward my first telescope).

Anyway to make a long store short I learned a lot about optics and the tricks even good scopes can play, and even more recently learned how to do photography through them opening up a whole new can of beans when it comes to optical anomalies. It is how when I look at something like this so called Bird of Prey I can see it for what it is not what I want it to be.

Now that said I am looking just like you and who knows, many armchair astronomers have found comets, dwarf planets and other things in space. It just may be an amateur that discovers alien life but they had better know what they are talking about so they are taken seriously.
edit on 31-7-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
You don't think we are going to let your rulers go psycho on you do ya?

You all show promise and will get a lot better once they are disabled from their plans and manipulative designs.
Do not be afraid.

Ya just need some breathing room.
We got your back.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

Yes, cosmic rays are very common, and quite random.

This "image" has been seen before; on another date and another location. The "object" itself is composed of two broad intersecting strokes. The requirements for even multiple rays to construct this image are quite stringent. It would require two rays arriving at the ccd device at precise angles and not deviating from the plane by more than a couple of nanometers., and it's deviation from the plane must be more than some fraction of a nanometer.

These rays must also be so precisely laced between cell rows (on the diagonal) so as to "illuminate" two pixel "row" or "line". The probability of one such cosmic ray is very small, the probability of two, that end at the same point is astronomically small.

For this to occur in two images ... virtually impossible.

I know what NASA, the NAVY, and other "experts" have said. I'm saying; they aren't telling you the whole truth.

Cosmic rays are wholly random events, they must therefore obey the rules and laws of probability and Chaos Math.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by AnthraAndromda

For this to occur in two images ... virtually impossible.

You have previously been asked to demonstrate this by means other than arm waving

You should also consider that the exposure of the LASCO C2 images is about 19 seconds. You can include that in your chaotic calculations.
edit on 7/31/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Yeah, I'm working on it. Between clients and other projects ... things are a bit slow on low priority projects like that. However, in doing my research; I've become more convinced that these may be solid objects.

The requirements for the "kind" of streaks being seen in this and the other image are very narrow They are broad, do not start or end at any edge, and meet at a "point". The simplest method of making this would require two cosmic rays with rather improbable vectors. The construction of the CCD itself leaves only a small (around 5 nm) channel for the "depletion region array" in the CCD. These rays would have to strike it almost "flat" and not have enough energy to travel all the way through. Further they must have quite good timing, and, must deplete their energy at the same point.

Logically, realistically; do you really think that will ever happen more than once?

In any case, I am working on a thread to show that some of these anomalies may be real, solid objects.

edit on 1-8-2012 by AnthraAndromda because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by AnthraAndromda

The simplest method of making this would require two cosmic rays with rather improbable vectors.

It's quite easy to find hits with those vectors, there is nothing improbable about them. Are you saying that none of the streaks seen on the images are the result of cosmic ray strikes? You don't think it's possible for particles to strike the sensor at oblique angles?

Logically, realistically; do you really think that will ever happen more than once?

Yes. Remember, 19 seconds. It's not common but it happens.

Another thing to consider, just a possibility, is that this type of "event" may be the result of a cascade effect.

edit on 8/1/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join