It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taxation nation...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
To the smokers, to the alcohol drinkers, and to the unhealthy eaters...

Where do we draw the line?

We are all tax payers... Some hate to pay them, some pay more than others, some do so willingly, some find loop holes and ways around them.

But one way or another, we all pay taxes...

I am not just okay with paying taxes, I understand why we need to pay them and do so with a smile on my face.

But, I have my limits!

17-20% of the money we earn immediately goes to federal tax, another 10% ish to state, another 7% ish to social security, we pay another 10% when we buy things.

I'm not a math major, but that is around half of what I/we earn.

That, is only, the basics...

Then there are the extreme taxes placed on things like cigarettes, alcohol, gambling...

This to me is the straw that broke the camals back.

People say, smoking, drinking, gambling are all choices and therefor look the other way if this tax doen't effect them, but just wait my finger pointing friends... It won't stop there, no, not at all... But I will get back to that.

I would also like to point out why america became addicted in the first place... When "American Tabacco" was suffering, as a marketing strategy they marketed to our own soldiers... Wait, did I say marketed? Our soldiers were their marketing plan. during WWI WWII they gave every solder 3 cigarettes a day as part of their ration.

By 1944 cigarette production was up 300 billion, men serving in the war accounting for over 75% of all cigarretes produced.

So America created the addiction, with intent...

Now, 70 years later, still reaping the benefits. Making money both on smokers and on those trying to quit. They rack in funds from both sides...

But back to my earlier point... Non smokers, watch your tongue... They are making money off you too...

They claim the tax is to encourage people to quit? HA!!!!

yeah while they get the benefits.

What is next... fast food tax to make people quit eating #ty food? Pleasure tax to discourage risky activity like sky diving, scooba diving, etc...

my friend just got here, i'll add more to replies!

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I for one am completely for letting people smoke/drink/eat themselves to death, and normally I would think who cares tax them to death if they want their "fix" atleast make a buck that I don't have to pay the state.

But than recently Ive been thinking, its that SAME thought process that leads people to want gun control.

The state should stay the hell out of our bodies and homes, and thats what these type of TAXES try to do, is regulate behavior.

And thats just plain wrong.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by sparda4355

Don't you think that all of these crazy taxes our due to the fact that those in charge have taken all of the meat off the bone so to speak in the first place??? Meaning, they have done there job quite well by allowing the bankers to steal our money??? Now that they have taken the obvious, it is time to take the carcass of what is left of America and turn it into pink slime so they can squeeze out every bit they can??

Meanwhile, we suffer and they live the good life! What is very funny though, is the fact that some of the wealthy foot soldiers of the NWO are realizing that they are coming for their carcass next and they dont like it one damn bit!!!!!

Things are going to get very interesting in this country in the next few months for sure!

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by sparda4355

Yeah, we don't pay enough in taxes yet.......

Accounts Receivable Tax

Building Permit Tax

Capital Gains Tax

CDL license Tax

Cigarette Tax

Corporate Income Tax

Court Fines (indirect taxes)

Dog License Tax

Federal Income Tax

Federal Unemployment Tax (FUTA)

Fishing License Tax

Food License Tax

Fuel permit tax

Gasoline Tax (42 cents per gallon)

Hunting License Tax

Inheritance Tax Interest expense (tax on the money)

Inventory tax IRS Interest Charges (tax on top of tax)

IRS Penalties (tax on top of tax)

Liquor Tax

Local Income Tax

Luxury Taxes

Marriage License Tax

Medicare Tax

Property Tax

Real Estate Tax

Septic Permit Tax

Service Charge Taxes

Social Security Tax

Road Usage Taxes (Truckers)

Sales Taxes

Recreational Vehicle Tax

Road Toll Booth Taxes

School Tax

State Income Tax

State Unemployment Tax (SUTA)

Telephone federal excise tax

Telephone federal universal service fee tax

Telephone federal, state and local surcharge taxes

Telephone minimum usage surcharge tax

Telephone recurring and non-recurring charges tax

Telephone state and local tax

Telephone usage charge tax

Toll Bridge Taxes

Toll Tunnel Taxes

Traffic Fines (indirect taxation)

Trailer registration tax

Utility Taxes

Vehicle License Registration Tax

Vehicle Sales Tax

Watercraft registration Tax

Well Permit Tax

Workers Compensation Tax

I am sure there are many others you can add to this list.....

new topics

top topics

join