It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran: Can you see the hate in their eyes?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I can't.

The hamshari newspaper from Iran said:

This game was more than a soccer match. We never had that much enthusiasm, ardor and jubilation. Music band, discplined and enthusiastic viewers, lasershow...
This global sport, which reached a new level of appreciation, can show the society the right way.

CNN says:

TEHRAN, Iran -- Germany remained unbeaten under new coach Juergen Klinsmann with a 2-0 win over Iran thanks to goals from Fabian Ernst and Thomas Brdaric in a friendly before a frenzied men-only crowd of 110,000.

Iran were hosting a major world football power for the first time in decades and as well as a huge crowd in the stadium there were another 150,000 fans outside who could not get tickets.

Iranian women were not allowed to see the match after the football federation on Tuesday upheld a ban on them entering stadiums even though women are the Islamic country's most passionate fans. German women were allowed to attend.

...*sport stuff*

Despite the official ban on women in the crowd, eyewitnesses saw at least a handful of veiled Iranian women in the stadium. It was unclear if they were employees of the German embassy in Tehran and had received special permits.

Several public sports have been out of bounds to women since the 1979 revolution and female Iranians can only play sports such as football in indoor, women-only sports halls.

Pro's
- Massive and enthusiastic interest in WESTERN sport stars
- about 150.000 people tried to get into the stadium but it was already filled with 110.000
- 1 million Euros aid from the DFB as aid for the earthquake in Bam, earlier this year
- now, people must be blind, deaf and dead to believe that Iran is still the biggest threat down there(did those people look to you like they want a war?)
- might gives Iranians more courage to stand up against religous clerics and fould players in the government

Con's
- the religious clerics are still strong, women(from Iran) were forbidden in stadium
- women sports is still a very problematic thing in Iran
- this won't change anything towards politics or religious topics

What wonders me
Assuming there is a person that would just get his information from ATS posts, I would say this one could not believe the information above. Here on ATS there is a picture drawn of Iran in general that equals the one Iraq got before the war(in case of Iraq it was almost right though
).

[edit on 10-10-2004 by shoo]

Edit: Fixed your title

[edit on 10-10-2004 by dbates]

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Juergen Klinsmann. what a legend. (yes i'm a spurs fan
)

i know what you mean with the view of iranian hatred of the west, but then, all you hear on here is what the govt. there are saying, like preparing nukes and all this.

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Don't get me wrong. If the government of Iran decides to launch anything against the West, self defense is justified. I am just trying to convince people that the usual Iranian shares no hatred against the West as parts of the government and religous leaders do.
So for the good of the people, a peaceful solution instead of constant threats from both sides should be the main task.

TCR

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   
In my uneducated opinion, I agree.

I don't think the average citizen of Iran harbors a hatred for the West. I imagine the majority of Iranians don't share many of the specific views of the mullahs.

The ruling parties of Iran, the government there.. well I don't think they care for the West at all. The reason you see mention of war etc and nothing warm and fuzzy here is because 99% of the posts are discussing government relations, official statements from either side etc .

For example : I'm not particularly fond of the Chinese communist government policy line. However, I make the distinction that as a whole, generally speaking and as individuals, I respect, admire and like the average Chinese citizen.

While in the U.S (for example) we are responsible for electing our leaders, many other people across the globe aren't permitted this luxury.

[edit on 10-10-2004 by TCR]

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I agree that probably the average Iranians do not hate US, but something is for sure our government is making sure that we believe that they are dangerous to US and that they are building nukes to blow US out of the map, no, US may no say this directly but the persuasion is there.

Just like Saddam and the non excitant MWDs, in Iran is quite the opposite they have the MWDs in the "making" now our government has to sell the "hater-terrorist against an US peaceful people possibility of attack."

Look at Iraq our government went against their leader but now we are fighting the people.

[edit on 11-10-2004 by marg6043]

TCR

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 10:37 PM
link   
The U.S is definately spinning the issue to a degree. I agree with you.
I also think that there a problems in letting Iran's government obtain nuclear weaponry. I may not agree with the way the U.S handles a few things though

It is up to people ( such as the average person, people in this forum) to see through the "spin" as much as we can and understand the distinctions, and the persuasions as you were mentioning.

There will be some real problems handling the situation in Iran, due to some of the things that have occured in Iraq. I agree with you there too
Good point.

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 11:23 PM
link   
The Iranians in general do not hate the USA, it is a mullah problem.If we keep the pressure and the possibiliity of us actually using force to get the nuc's out. I believe that the people will overthrow the mullahs themselves.

This is the prevailing idea in the inards of INTEL in both the US and Western Europe, not sure about the Russians.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Thanks for reading and your open minds!

I truly hope that during the spot will turn off for the Mullas. At the moment Iran has the ability to be the burning bush either for the good of the region or for the bad.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Ok, it does not matter what the "people" of Iran think or feel. It is not thier finger on the "button". One finger can wipe out millions of Americans. Iran has and is defying the world about Nukes. I will not take the chance with my daughters life, PERIOD.

Second "we" are not fighting the Iraqi "people". Open your eyes while you can.........................This is a fight for the survival of "western" civilization. Let the "mullas" live like Mohamed.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I am so back in times, I didn't even know Klinsmann left Germany, hehe.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Hey DrHoracid, let's go and nuke the entire world and like that, US will not have to fear anybody, and your daughters sure will be very much safer.

What you think about that? will it works.

Or your daughters can join the military and fight for the safety of our country.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
Ok, it does not matter what the "people" of Iran think or feel. It is not thier finger on the "button". One finger can wipe out millions of Americans. Iran has and is defying the world about Nukes. I will not take the chance with my daughters life, PERIOD.

Second "we" are not fighting the Iraqi "people". Open your eyes while you can.........................This is a fight for the survival of "western" civilization. Let the "mullas" live like Mohamed.

Exactly who in this thread said that the Americans are fighting the Iraqi people?
You have two choices:
[ ] Ahm, marg said people and not iraqi people. I should have known the difference
[ ] Ahm, nobody and I will excuse for my comment

Furthermore you might elaborate on the nuke issue. How exactly is a 2000km range missile hitting American homeland?

I guess you will come back with the argument that they will develop better missiles. Hm, no, I am answering this one already. ICBMs are little bit harder to develop than the usual low to medium range missile and you need a proper guiding system for those. Thanks for trying though

[edit on 11-10-2004 by shoo]

[edit on 11-10-2004 by shoo]

TCR

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid

Actually, I disagree completely. It matters a great deal what the people of Iran think. As Edsinger mentioned in his post, there is a posibility that Iran may change from within, due to the very people who you think don't matter. All forms of dictatorship, oppression, authoritative government types etc. fear the people above all. They work hard to suppress the individual. If the Chinese government didn't fear the people they ruled for instance, Tietamen (sp) Square would have never occurred.

The best thing that could happen, IMHO is that in the not too distant future, Iran evolves into a more moderate condition. It will probably not result in a democracy by our definition in the West. But should be a marked improvement for the people of Iran, world stability and relations.

As for your other statement regarding "Nukes", I agree. I would prefer Iran not to join the nuclear club. I don't fear the targeting of American cities..ever if they eventually managed a delivery system. I am more concerned that they mightpass of weapons and materials to other groups who might attempt the use against the U.S or targets in Europe. I am also concerned that they could consider the use a bit more seriously against Israel in the future as well. I don't think I need to detail for members here what issues that would cause to arrive...

As for the taking chances part, well I live in the same world and boat that you do. Realistically however, it isn't up to you to "take chances" or not. You should make your beliefs and feeling known to others, especially the people who serve you in you government. Yup, I know that isn't much... but again, the ability to express an opinion to and about the government (freely) is more than some people ever get. Something to think about.

top topics

join