It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harrassing phone calls.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by OneNationUnder

Thanks for the info, there is one call that comes through we do have an answering machine, what it does is hang up before it gets to the beep part and it does this 3 or 4 times a day, and then it seems like the hang-ups start affter that. Any idea on what that is? Is there anyway to get the phone company to do something, we live in an older apartment building and don't have enough electrical outlets to do too much of anything. Have quite a few extension chords and don't wish to overload them, and have one outlet for the landline.
edit on 1-8-2012 by 1loserel2 because: add

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
had them before

phone company changed our nuimber for free
was a major hassle though

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1loserel2
reply to post by OneNationUnder

Thanks for the info, there is one call that comes through we do have an answering machine, what it does is hang up before it gets to the beep part and it does this 3 or 4 times a day. Any idea on what that is? Is there anyway to get the phone company to do something, we live in an older apartment building and don't have enough electrical outlets to do too much of anything. Have quite a few extension chords and don't wish to overload them, and have one outlet for the landline.

Us too, but its mainly call sales people dont know how they get our number

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by carlsmith

Yes, I know when dealing with the phone company can be a hassle. Hope it helped with the problem though. We'd have too many phone calls to let people know the new number, supposedly, though I personally think e-mail would help can't convince the owner of the number to do that though.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by carlsmith

I know one way, don't know if you have a newspaper subscription, but we do on the weekend, on the back of the invoice, they say we appreciate your privacy but on occasion we "pass" your number to other companies, you might be "interested" in. Never realized that until I looked on the back of the invoice, for something else, and I saw that. Needless to say we are not renewing. We're on the Fed "Do not Call list" but I really think these stupid companies, don't pay attention to that. Too bad they don't have something like that though for wrong number calls made by bill collectors. Those we could sue if it kept up afterward.

CX

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Get a REALLY loud whistle.

Thats what we used to recommend to anyone who called the police station complaining about crank calls. Get yourself a whistle, preferably something around the 100 decibel+ range, and blow away.

They'll be too busy looking for their ear drums to call again.

CX.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
There isnt any-single-thing-you-can-do. Landlines are the worst. If you have to have one (like me)....get an answering maching...and when they come i, block them too.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join