It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof of "super Soldier Serum" at the Olympics?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
www.newscientist.com...

>>Ye Shiwen's world record in the women's 400 metres Olympic individual medley has been called "unbelievable" – but it may just be exceptional. Ye, age 16, swam the distance in 4 minutes 28.43 seconds, covering the last 50 metres 0.17 seconds faster than US gold medalist Ryan Lochte did in the men's event, knocking 5 seconds off her best time in the process.

maybe steroids? Maybe some type of slippery suit? I would like to see some data on past times of women vs men in the Olympics. Something smells "fishy"

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackProjects

I was just talking to my friend about this very topic, the swimmer, and the NK who lifted three times his body weight.

could just be crazy dedication, I mean who knows what failure in NK and China looks like for them and their families...

That'd be a hell of a motivation, but again there are limits to training alone.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Interesting. It kind of reminds me of how the Chinese gymnasts look so much younger than is allowed...
Some people are just freaks of nature i.e. Hussein Bolt. I agree though, it sounds fishy.
But if it was significant the mainstream media would tell us...right?

edit on 31-7-2012 by Pressthebutton because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Would weight have anything to do with it, being 16 she is about i would say 110lbs, and ryan being older around 180? i know from weight lifting and running that you run faster and can run longer when you weigh less not sure its the same for swimming but i guess.

Ye Shiwen- 5' 8" and 141 lbs
Ryan Lochte- 6' 2" and 196lbs
edit on 31-7-2012 by scottromansky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackProjects
www.newscientist.com...

>>Ye Shiwen's world record in the women's 400 metres Olympic individual medley has been called "unbelievable" – but it may just be exceptional. Ye, age 16, swam the distance in 4 minutes 28.43 seconds, covering the last 50 metres 0.17 seconds faster than US gold medalist Ryan Lochte did in the men's event, knocking 5 seconds off her best time in the process.

maybe steroids? Maybe some type of slippery suit? I would like to see some data on past times of women vs men in the Olympics. Something smells "fishy"

Nothing suspicious here in my view. Someone has obliviously got a green eyed monster sitting on their shoulder and wants to stir the pot. There is no proof as that implies obtained evidence under examination. It's just spoil sport rumors.
edit on 31-7-2012 by Tindalos2013 because: corrected spelling.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
There have always been 'remarkable' sporting achievements performed at Olympic games - some have been proven as a result of steroids etc - but the vast majority have been perfectly 'legal' and down to natural ability, improved training and diet regimes etc and that determination to succeed and be the best and the sheer bloody hard work that makes champions.

Could the improved performances be down to some new 'serum' that is undetectable by current testing?
Quite possibly - only time will tell.
But the most probable explanation is that this girl is just supremely talented.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Some more on this topic
news.yahoo.com...

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
She has already been tested for drugs and passed with no problem. The reason why she did so good is called training.

Doubts surface on China's Ye Shiwen

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

"Super Soldier Serum

So its like captin america?
edit on 31-7-2012 by ninjas4321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
The title of your post has the word proof, yet you offer no proof.

You should offer proof if you're going to use that in your title.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Total garbage. A lesser known athlete does something "unbelievable" and obviously the rest of the sports community is jealous. There is NO PROOF, stop supporting false rumors simply because someone did good. The human race is becoming a disgrace on an ever increasing amount of levels.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77

He asked a question in the title of his post. He didn't make a statement. If it had been a statement your reply would have been warranted.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77

yes, more a case of speculation than proof.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Sure, they tested for known drugs like steroids etc. If it is something new, then they how could they know?

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
For every detectable Performance enhancing drug there are at least 2 or 3 that aren't yet detectable. Food for thought.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   
gold winning Olympic athletes are good for the governments of the winners, and governments have excess to all kinds of new untested and undetectable drugs

new topics

top topics

join