It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rationing Begins: States Limiting Drug Prescriptions for Medicaid Patients

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Hawkmoon1972

Obamacare is no socialized medicine, is however making people pay for care that most of them do not afford.

It is not free and never will be that is why Obama wanted to push "Medicare extension" but that is not going to happen.

So the poor will still be at the mercy of welfare and Medicaid when applicable or not insurance at all.

If you are on SS like my parents are they pay they pay into Medicare as is deducted from their SS benefits.

When it comes to medications it falls short if you have chronic diseases, my mother hart medication runs out within the first 6 months of the year then is out of pocket.

edit on 2-8-2012 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

My husband is unemployed right now thanks to Obama budget cuts, and as for the sandwich we just got our premiums on our tricare prime (government subside healthcare for the military retiree under 64) triple and our prescribtion double since Obamacare was passed.

Ask me next month when we run out of our retirment funds, where we will be in Obama hope you can believe on sandwich.

At least the healthcare fees are deducted from my husband's retirement pay for now.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

As I stated previously, this (Obamacare) isn't going to fix the problem but it is a step toward where we need to go. I am fully cognizant of this not being socialized medicine but it is closer than what we had. Can you, honestly tell me that the status quo prior to Obamacare was any better? Insurance companies denying coverage for "pre-existing conditions, cutting coverage when the bill got too high and leaving people with everything (in the case I was closely tied to over $95,000) Can you say that it was better? I doubt that you can.
It isn't perfect. far from it. It is trying to marry two things that can't be married, Insurance and Socialized medicine. The realization that health insurance must be scrapped entirely must happen for socialized medicine to make its way. Our taxes will be higher, and they should be to pay for it but at least medical bills won't kill you or someone you love.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Happy1
reply to post by beezzer

No, they shouldn't ration healthcare for needed things, but that's what they're going to do.

And medical care devices, medications, and time are limitless, right?

Social Security and medicare for the retired is going broke.

According to whom?
When will it be "broke?" and what exactly is "broke" to you?

They intend to cull the herd by killing off "old" people and costly cancer care, and then continue to ration care to the incoming bunch of younger people.

That sounds crazy. I am guessing the only thing you can really hang that on is your imagination?

It's very interesting that they haven't come out with protocolf for premie babies, Obamacare will, after the communist are re-elected. You can bet they are just going to let them die.

What #ing planet are you on?

Don't confuse the liberals with the natural order of things though.

This seemed like it was going to make sense when I started reading it.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

When it comes to medications it falls short if you have chronic diseases, my mother hart medication runs out within the first 6 months of the year then is out of pocket.

edit on 2-8-2012 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

Apparently this has happened to your mother more than once then?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

My husband is unemployed right now thanks to Obama budget cuts,

Your husband worked for Obama?

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I wonder if this thread is so quiet because out in the real world, reality is setting in.
Each time another piece of the ACA goes into effect, fewer people argue against it.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   

We aren't going to fix any problem until we stop spending so much on the military and make the wealthy pay more taxes. We don't have a choice. Obamacare is merely a poor-quality bandaid which puts the burden on the middle and some lower income people. For instance, we always had great insurance with my husband's company - family deductible of $500. Now, I've been chased off his insurance policy because I have my own at work. However, his family deductible has been raised to $3000 and mine is $1300. So in essence, they are telling us we will be spending a minimum of $3800 more per year for average care. The real cost will be more since after the deductible, they will pay 80% while the old plan paid all but a $20 co-pay if the doctor was in the network. I mean, really? More than half the nation wanted Obama so badly that they were willing to pay thousands more per year to get him? Somehow I think if he said we were all going to pay $4,000 more per year in taxes there would be hell to pay.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by mjfromga

What you described was happening before Obama took office. I've been in my industry since 1991 and I saw that happening back then. It is too easy to pin it on the current president and too easy to forget the past. I agree that it is a poor quality band-aid. However, I stick by by original statement, at least something is happening to push us toward socialized medicine. I also agree that until military spending drops back and we stop fighting wars we have no business fighting the cost issue is going to continue. For someone like me Obamacare or even good insurance costs more than it benefits. Barring my past. I am extremely healthy. I rarely go to the doctor and I haven't been to a hospital in a few years. The problem is, for me, I'm not getting any younger. I shudder to think what will happen in 20 years when I get into my 60's and start needing more care. I don't have insurance at the moment. My employer doesn't offer it and I certainly can't afford my own at 600 bucks a month plus co-pay. If this is how social medicine needs to start so be it. At least it is a start. We have to get the insurance companies out of it. Right now they are trying to play both sides and it won't work. You can't have socialized care AND insurance companies. The two are mutually exclusive.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

You can add the trillions of psychiatric prescription drugs to the oxycontin prescriptions. The problem is that they are people who really need these drugs, but who is making these decisions? There's a lot of good docters out there, but there's a lot of bad ones, too.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I have a great idea for health care... get rid of it all.

Let Nature take folks when they get ill if those folks aren't able to fight off the illness. If you were meant to survive, you'd've not succumb to the illness. Cold. Flu. Ingrown toenail. Whatever. Your # was called, you got your reward for life, peace.

I know folks don't like to think about this but we have a duty and responsibility to die. Really, to die.

C'mon, we are 7 billion strong, not one of us is special.

Derek

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Why should I care as a young american? Older Americans are the ones who support the prohibition against our natural birth right( a plant our bodies are designed to consume). Let the tyranny of the old end!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join