It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yahoo Mail

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Has anyone else just have trouble accessing your yahoo email account?
Yahoo won't let me see my emails,I have tried to press I ACCEPT and it
still won't let me see squat.It goes into a loop and repeats the same thing
over and over,accept or not accept.
I have either been highjacked by yahoo or I just picked up a nasty virus.I
am one ticked off kitty.I had to go to my fave list in order to log back on here.
Any advice is welcome.It is a good thing that I can't get through to yahoo right
now,I would have some strong words for them.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

I am having the same problem. It was working fine earlier today. The problem appears to be on their side.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Yep, same for me.

And it seems the problem could be worldwide. Found a thread on yahoo answers about it and people are posting from all over the world they are having the same problem.

One person posted that the servers are down & will not be back up til "this afternoon" (whatever time zone that it!).

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
My account is working fine.

Seems strange.

I've had issues with yahoo email in the past so I use it mostly as a secondary email.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Try using a different browser. I had the same problem using firefox; any time I tried to access email it seemed to direct me off the page completely. Turns out it has something to do with Yahoo's new layout. Switching back to classic style is supposed to fix it but I could never find the option. I found this so annoying I actually deleted my account altogether.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
OK. I just managed to get into my account. I had left the screen up with the "accept" button on it for a few minutes. When I went back and click accept again, it finally loaded.

Here's hoping you can get in too MamaBeth!

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Yahoo servers are currently down and undergoing some maintenance.

Seems to be a global outage according to a few of my IT friends who work with them.

Service should be back up in about 24 hrs apparently.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I just got back in and I didn't have any new emails.
I think someone mentioned having 2 email accounts
and using yahoo as a secondary account.I just might
do that.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Try 'mail.com' if you want a new account.

It's free of course and I haven't had a problem in two years.

Good luck.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I know Yahoo has much of their operations based in India. They are a bit short of electricity at the moment.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Its related to which heading you click thru. UPPER RT CORNER MAIL may not open. GO to INBOX may not open...MY INBOX wont open etc...

Ive noticed this the last copule of days...all these are shortcuts and they appear hung up...keep trying different link to your mail.

ie: Upper rt corner main page, My MAIL, Inbox etc. Youll get one to open...I did

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

My wife has a Yahoo account, and yesterday she had the same problem. Now she runs Fedora Linux, so a virus is a moot point. She finally gave up and changed her password. After that, she can log right in. Then she found some emails in the "sent" folder than she did not send, and they were addressed to people she did not know. Someone hacked her email, and this is the second time this year. Yahoo and Hotmail are so incredibly easy to hack into, it is no wonder. I created for her a very strong password this time.

new topics

top topics

join