It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Bill Threatens to effectively ban online sales of ammunition

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by 1947flxible

This bill is utterly ridiculous and I hope that it will get shot down for the idiocy it truly is. However I'm spending every spare dollar I can on ammo in the fear that this will pass with flying colors.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I can go to Walmart or Costco and literally buy cases of ammo... or if I wanted a larger variety or specialty ammo I could go to one of the 3 gun stores within 10 mins of my house, or one of the two gun ranges that both sell ammo (premium prices naturally)

I don't really understand what blocking online sales of ammo would do. Honestly I didn't even know you could buy ammo online as I've never even looked or tried lol. Banning online sales, to me, looks like a pathetic way to try and look like they are doing something, when in all honesty, they ain't doing a thing. Forcing a crazy person to buy ammo "face to face" would some how deter them?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I can go to Walmart or Costco and literally buy cases of ammo... or if I wanted a larger variety or specialty ammo I could go to one of the 3 gun stores within 10 mins of my house, or one of the two gun ranges that both sell ammo (premium prices naturally)

I don't really understand what blocking online sales of ammo would do. Honestly I didn't even know you could buy ammo online as I've never even looked or tried lol. Banning online sales, to me, looks like a pathetic way to try and look like they are doing something, when in all honesty, they ain't doing a thing. Forcing a crazy person to buy ammo "face to face" would some how deter them?

This is just the first step. Next is having to have ID to buy ammo, after that who knows! If you can't control weapons than controlling the ammo supply is second best. It is just the first step!

P

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse

Don't say I said things I did not say by taking a part part of the conversation and twisting it to fit your needs to try to discredit me.

Oh-rely??????

I would never surrender my fathers rifles to the government and don't believe that ammo should be restricted from our citizens. I do agree with limiting the abilities of convicted Felons from owning guns. I definitely disagree that bullets should be sold to the public online.

Geez Wally, I think that is epic fail 3. You are out.

I started to do that to you, you would not like it and you would regret it within a few weeks. I am excellent at playing games like that. and rarely loose.

Idle threats from an internet tough guy. I am SO very scared, tough guy.

We are by law allowed to bear arms and that means we can get ammo and weapons. There is nothing in the constitution that says we can buy ammo or guns from just anywhere. The government legally does have the right to have government regulated stores, if they wanted, as the only source of ammo and new weapons. As long as we aren't generally denied the ability of buying ammo the method of it's sale is open to interpretation by the government. Our voting chooses the congressmen and they are responsible to vote as the majority of people in their districts want them to. I understand the laws. I understand that amendment well. I quit the NRA because they were going overboard in my opinion. They lost a lot of members that way.

If you have a problem with the law take it up with your congressman. I'll read the proposed law with an open mind before making my decision whether to support it or not.
edit on 1-8-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

Another brilliantly crafted retort based on life in the Brady Camp.
Sure sure then, sure sure.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

So I assume you may sell ammo online and your perception is based on your possible income loss. Maybe You have affiliations with Mac Ammo or something. Usually people who see things so strongly as you do have some agenda. Maybe you just like to buy your Ammo online because you fear that red flags will be raised if people meet you. Maybe you are too young to go to a store and buy ammo for all I know.

I go to a local sporting goods store to get my ammo or could have people I know reload if I desired for a more reasonable price. You have the right to believe what you want, I have the right to believe what I want. I would rather support the local people than give my money to others to spend in their communities. There are times I have to order online if whatever I am looking for is unavailable. I believe in supporting my community though. I do not think internet sales of Ammo are necessary to protect our right to bear arms or buy ammo. I also try to buy made in America and investigate my big purchases. I would rather support our people than the people in other countries and the pockets of big business who inflate these imports and put their deceptive name tag on them.

Like I have stated before, I will read the proposed law when it is available and make my opinion only after I read it.
edit on 2-8-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

MBF

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Funny thing, the ONLY death threats I have ever got have been from GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES!!!!!!
Do you really think that I am willing to give THEM my guns or ammo????

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

So I assume you may sell ammo online and your perception is based on your possible income loss. Maybe You have affiliations with Mac Ammo or something. Usually people who see things so strongly as you do have some agenda. Maybe you just like to buy your Ammo online because you fear that red flags will be raised if people meet you. Maybe you are too young to go to a store and buy ammo for all I know.

Nope, sure don't. I just don't like it when people like you side with a Govt that wants to restrict others and business.

I go to a local sporting goods store to get my ammo or could have people I know reload if I desired for a more reasonable price.

Ok, would you like a cookie?

You have the right to believe what you want, I have the right to believe what I want. I would rather support the local people than give my money to others to spend in their communities.

I guess there are no online retailers in your state.

There are times I have to order online if whatever I am looking for is unavailable.

But, I thought you believed people should not have the option to do so? WOW!!! Hypocritical Elitist much???

I believe in supporting my community though. I do not think internet sales of Ammo are necessary to protect our right to bear arms or buy ammo.

The right of and necessity are worlds apart.

I also try to buy made in America and investigate my big purchases. I would rather support our people than the people in other countries and the pockets of big business who inflate these imports and put their deceptive name tag on them.

I guess online ammo companies are owned by the Chinese then?
You sure you didn't just read some Liberal sites talking points on how to interact on internet forums?

Like I have stated before, I will read the proposed law when it is available and make my opinion only after I read it.

Funny, as the proposed law has nothing to do with firearms and/or ammunition.
I forget, what is the name of the Bill in question????

Here is a hint, it listed in the Thread Topic.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Congratulations! Your attempts to intimidate me have probably influenced more people to support the bill than it has to go against it. There are many more people in this country like me than like you. We hate when others try to force their way on us through intimidation. We are the majority by far in the country and our perception is what stirs the making of the laws. I almost feel like supporting the bill just to spite you but will still read the bill when it is released to see it's content and ignore your input. I wish there was a way to find out how many people you have convinced to go opposite of what you are fighting for. A census of our peers. Trouble is people seem to always see things in a way to reinforce what they believe. It will just separate the radicals on both sides further.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Then support it. That is fine.
At least I know one more person that tries to veil themselves in firearms rights, only to turn around and show just how ignorant they are.

No sweat of my butt.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join